• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Spring 2011 Meet London 2nd April

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Spring 2011 Meet London 2nd April

Originally posted by Solowka View Post
    i very well may attend, need a weekend away
    Thanks for the warning, Sol.

Damn !! That's the weekend I have my annual bath. It's a big occasion - I can't let my carers down.
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    Originally posted by Brian View Post
    Count me in... im only 30 miles from the place...:snowman3:
    That will NOT be a safe distance, Brian !!!!:santa_cheesy:
    Last edited by Bill-K; 25th December 2010, 03:53:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone :2w32gd1:

We should start thinking which part in London you guys want to stay ie the westend, city or perhaps a few miles out and travel in by tube?

Cost I know is a big factor and as you know London is not cheap the same as any other city centre and we need to know if you are coming for one or two nights.

Also booking your train or coach travel for those coming from afar is cheaper if booked well in advance.

For instance there are quite a few Premier Inns and Holiday Inn Express's arround these are normally cheaper and I am sure if this is booked early enough this will be cheaper than leaving to the last minute.

A huge amount of people have expressed an interest in this event and by the show of hands we already have and I believe we are going to have a much larger party than we have had in the past few years. So we need to start planning now so that everyone who wants to come will be able to stay in the same hotel if they so wish.

The accomadations needs to be done immediately in the new year 2011 so if you so Someone has to make a start, so I willl start searching the internet for some deals so that you can make a decision.

Tuttsi xx

Comment

Premier Inns - whilst Kings Cross is Central London if you wanted to stay out of Central London the rates fall dramatically .
        http://www.premierinn.com/en/checkHo...oss-st-pancras

Holiday Inn Express http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/gb/en/reservation?

Hotels with discounts http://www.hoteldirect.co.uk/london/...don-hotels.htm

Docklands http://google.totalstay.co.uk/Custom...f0ae8#77727039 Not sure how accessable this hotel is to Central London on a weekend.

There are absolutely thousands of hotels in and arround London and the prices vary greatly. For instance if you stayed say in Edgware and travelled into town at a Premier Inn it is extremely cheap but as soon as you go into Central London the prices fly high.

I look forward to receiving all your comments so we can make a constructive choice.
        Tuttsi
        Last edited by TUTTSI; 25th December 2010, 11:03:AM.

Comment

I may not be able to make this one unfortunately but I'll decide for certain nearer the day.
          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Merry Xmas to you D also x

Was going to stay in Croydon with Cousins-but think a bit cheeky if we then leave em-so me & Maureen would prefer a reasonably priced hotel (say) 30 mins tube away --if it reduces cost a lot---not paying Centre prices-no way!

You obviously know where I prefer cos of where my lad lives -lol

Depending on what the social arrangements are--probably both Friday & Saturday -- (but not going to a mucky club with that Gorilla Man)!!!

Ideally-would like to fit in We Will Rock You - Queen

But just might come on a cheap day return to see it at matinee early Feb--see you & Saphhy ideally- so I won't look a lonely twit on April 2nd when I walk into a bar & meet lots of "strangers"!!!-lol

Although - seen Bill & Maxie in Webcam (simultaneously btw) so will recognize them at least--------------------------------even with their clothes on!
            Last edited by Turboman; 25th December 2010, 23:16:PM. Reason: twit not twat

Comment

Anyway leave it in your capable hands hun x
              Last edited by Turboman; 25th December 2010, 19:10:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
                Ideally-would like to fit in We Will Rock You - Queen
                I suspect that there may well be others who prefer to go their own way with some of this stuff - and meet up later. Why not ? The iniquitous dens of Westminster and/or Wardour Street aren't everyone's cup of tea, after all.
                But just might come on a cheap day return to see it at matinee early Feb--see you & Saphhy ideally- so I won't look a lonely twit on April 2nd when I walk into a bar & meet lots of "strangers"!!!-lol
                I know it's a bit 'twee' or 'Brittas' - but I think that wearing name badges for the first hour or two would be good - especially if there is a good turnout. I REALLY don't like turning up to these do's in a gorilla suit.
                -- (but not going to a mucky club with that Gorilla Man)!!!
                I think I'd ACTUALLY be interested in the Westminster Palace tour, if the price is right. I'll treat Mr & Mrs Turbo to an eye-opening club some other time, maybe !!! LOL - I suspect that you may both actually end up being frog-marched into a den of iniquity by such characters as Sapphy, Cel & Ame !!!

Although - seen Bill & Maxie in Webcam (simultaneously btw) so will recognize them at least--------------------------------even with their clothes on!
                LOL - had some fun "threesomes," mate. We'd recognise each other by our tattoos, now, eh ? By all accounts, you've been having similar fun elsewhere with the laydeez. LOL - there's nowt mucky about those clubs. It's just the peeps who frequent them.....!!!
                As a general contribution here - FWIW - In my somewhat limited and covert travels, I've found that Premier Inns do a great deal IF YOU BOOK ONLINE. A room for as little as £19, I believe. I'm hoping to find somewhere nice-ish around West London - Heathrow is worth considering.
                But for those who need to be nearer the pulse, I guess King's Cross will be good.....Turbo ?
                LOL..
                .:santa_cheesy:

Comment

I would add that it is very easy to travel by tube around London so worth having a look at the tube map with regards to where you book and the nearest tube station. It is now safe to stand by anyone who has a rucksack on these days
                  "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                  (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Thanks guys for your contributions so far. :cancan:

It would be really good if everyone stayed in the same hotel or near by for ease of meeting up. But it is not impossible to meet in the centre at a given time but what we dont want is everyone scattered arround and that wont be good for thos travelling on there own and who do not know anybody as London is absolutely huge.

Mr T and I will travel in everyday to meet up as we live on the outskirts of London, 30 mins on the train or car and we can meet everyone there. Also there is no congestion charges at the weekend but parking is outrageouly expensive.

There is a fairly new Holiday Inn Express Turbs, very close to your son at Henlys Corner. From there it would be a bus down to Golders Green and Northern line into central London. There is also a brand new Premier Inn opening in Whetstone which is also not to far from your son and that one there is Totteridge Station which is the other branch of the Northern Line and will also take arround 30 mins to London. As I said yesterday the places out of the centre are definately cheaper.

Any we are making a start and hopefully in the next week or so you can all start making those arrangements.

For shows like Queen (is it still on) Turbo these normally have to be booked in advance although it is possible to get tickets at Leicester Square kiosk for a price.

Anyway keep posting your thoughts and ideas here.

Thanks
                    Tuttsi xx

Comment

Bill-K---As a general contribution here - FWIW - In my somewhat limited and covert travels, I've found that Premier Inns do a great deal IF YOU BOOK ONLINE. A room for as little as £19, I believe. I'm hoping to find somewhere nice-ish around West London - Heathrow is worth considering.

Hmmmmmmm---very keen to go West London----hmmmmmmm---where's "you know who" live (Ms Clever) ???

I'm not having you jilt Maxie on the steps of Heathrow Hotel!!!

Tuutsi--Thanks for info---in any case-I'll stay where Bill is---cos the Grumpy Old Sod has bullied me for the last 4 years (here & elsewhere) & its Payback-Time---Big Time.---& I'm not missing it!!!!!

Comment

Just let us know where you guys are intending staying. we dont want to miss out on the fun?

Hmmmmmmm---very keen to go West London----hmmmmmmm---where's "you know who" live (Ms Clever) ???

Tuutsi--Thanks for info---in any case-I'll stay where Bill is---cos the Grumpy Old Sod has bullied me for the last 4 years (here & elsewhere) & its Payback-Time---Big Time.---& I'm not missing it!!!!!

Comment

Sorry for the late riposte Turbo, old bean. Christmas kinda got in the way - 'Goodwill to all persons' and a' that. Don't confuse Heathrow with the West End - it's actually West London - and beyond !!! But there are loads of cheap hotels around there, obviously - and getting into London from there is cheap and simple. Tube or bus.

I used to live around that way, so it's home ground for me, and I'm hoping to meet some old friends while I'm there - that's all. As for "Ms. Clever" - she's just wishful thinking, I'm afraid. Anybody clever would see me coming - and be outta there in no time !! As for jilting our Maxie - I think you need to remember just WHO was vying with me for her fair hand recently, before falling for the charms of at least two other charming sirens I COULD name - if I had a mind to, good sir !!!

Discretion......Valour......google 'em !!!

If I play my cards right, I shall be staying at the wonderful Petersham on the West slope of Richmond Hill, overlooking the classic Arcadian vista across the Thames, so famously afforded by that elevated and venerated location.

Hotels in Richmond | Wedding Venues in Surrey – The Petersham Hotel

You, sir, will not gain entry - I will personally guarantee it. Instead, I suggest the more 'dynamically' suited "Railway and Flyover" at nearby Brentford - handy for the tube and M4 into London. You'll love it, I'm sure. really sure...!!! If not, then there's a place for you guys....somewhere.....!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2mkmy3i2X4

LOL - sorry, Tuttsi - but I guess there will be no 'West Side Story' to tell, this time !!!

:bedjump:

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
                            Sorry for the late riposte Turbo, old bean. Christmas kinda got in the way - 'Goodwill to all persons' and a' that. Don't confuse Heathrow with the West End - it's actually West London - and beyond !!! But there are loads of cheap hotels around there, obviously - and getting into London from there is cheap and simple. Tube or bus.

I used to live around that way, so it's home ground for me, and I'm hoping to meet some old friends while I'm there - that's all. As for "Ms. Clever" - she's just wishful thinking, I'm afraid. Anybody clever would see me coming - and be outta there in no time !! As for jilting our Maxie - I think you need to remember just WHO was vying with me for her fair hand recently, before falling for the charms of at least two other charming sirens I COULD name - if I had a mind to, good sir !!!

Discretion......Valour......google 'em !!!

If I play my cards right, I shall be staying at the wonderful Petersham on the West slope of Richmond Hill, overlooking the classic Arcadian vista across the Thames, so famously afforded by that elevated and venerated location.

Hotels in Richmond | Wedding Venues in Surrey – The Petersham Hotel

You, sir, will not gain entry - I will personally guarantee it. Instead, I suggest the more 'dynamically' suited "Railway and Flyover" at nearby Brentford - handy for the tube and M4 into London. You'll love it, I'm sure. really sure...!!! If not, then there's a place for you guys....somewhere.....!!!!

LOL - sorry, Tuttsi - but I guess there will be no 'West Side Story' to tell, this time !!!

:bedjump:
                            Ha Ha Ha!! I have awaited this post with tripidation for 4 days---but it wasn't so harsh as I'd expected-lol

Your oratory skills Sir, are as good as your mathematical ones - and I envy you for them.

Yep--I know my West London by the way Bill-stayed at Heathrow Hotel once even --

I worked in London for 9 months

I have stayed in the Petersham many times also Richmond Hill & Richmond Gate. The Petersham at that time was called Star and Garter. This was when the old firm was paying of course in another life - and when they still had a presence in Kingston. Had Richmond Park venison in Star & Garter--tough as old boots!!

Sooooo -- do I deduce from this post that you not looking after me & Maxie (&Shell?)-you Grumpy Old Sod!!

Like the Youtube - "Imaged " it for you mate!

Tuttsi's going to b*ll**k us for hijacking her thread soon-lol

PS---if it had been another month later---you could have used the bus for free---ROFL
                            Last edited by Turboman; 30th December 2010, 10:34:AM.

Comment

I'll come With my hat off I look like this

but just in case no one recognises me, I'll have a pink carnation

Just kidding folks! I'll spare you the trauma!

Comment

Billy boy had better be looking after us Turbs.. I need my hand firmly holding crossing them busy roads.. lol

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X