• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Spring 2011 Meet London 2nd April

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Spring 2011 Meet London 2nd April

Have you checked the opening times hun?

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
    There's a fantastic Pie n Mash shop in Bethnal Green Road and they serve the best Stewed Eels too. The only problem is its a bit out of the way for a quick bite to eat and of course I'm not sure they will appreciate it if they see a 6ft hairy gorilla walk in either msl:

Comment

I've searched on all the pie and eel shops and they all close around 2-30 - 3pm ish on Saturdays grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Never mind there's always the jellied eel stall at Aldgate Station if its still there lol.

Edit:

Tubby Isaacs Pie & Mash Shop in East India Dock Road, Poplar, might be open I'll call them and its open 10 am - 5 pm on Saturdays.
      Last edited by Sapphire; 30th March 2011, 10:13:AM.

Comment

Never mind there's always the jellied eel stall at Aldgate Station if its still there lol.
        To borrow one of Amy's sayings

"I would rather take my eyes out with a spoon"

Comment

So does that mean you're not interested in that idea msl:

Comment

Sapphy hun. we will never make it in time before 5pm as Celestine has said she is coming with little Jaspar and we have to be at the Lord Moon for at least a couple of hours after the HOC and after all you bagged for first cuddle. I dont think we will be back at the pub much before 4pm and other people may or may not becoming to the pub. It was a good idea though xx

Just a thought hun, why dont you pick up some when you arrive at the station in the morning and bring it to the pub for those that want?

That is the reason why I found the place I did which was open til 10pm on a Saturday and it is fairly close by and near to Soho where some people may like to investigate their old haunts after eating. I thought we could stay at the pub at least til 7ish then go to eat?

If no one fancies the one I found then there are so many places in London I am sure we could find something that everyone would like to go to.

I've searched on all the pie and eel shops and they all close around 2-30 - 3pm ish on Saturdays grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Edit:

Tubby Isaacs Pie & Mash Shop in East India Dock Road, Poplar, might be open I'll call them and its open 10 am - 5 pm on Saturdays.
            Last edited by TUTTSI; 30th March 2011, 12:25:PM.

Comment

I'm working in London next week so if I find any of the harder drinkers among you lot lying in gutters around London with a hangover after the weekend festivities, I'll put you back on your feet and send you in the right direction !! :tinysmile_hmm_t2::tung:

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
                Just a thought hun, why dont you pick up some when you arrive at the station in the morning and bring it to the pub for those that want?

Fortunately--the Lord of the ... bans partaking of own food:clap2::clap2:

Comment

Thats a shame and there was me going to bring you all a nice bowl of Jellied Eels to try.

Comment

What if you bring your own booze and add to a coke:tinysmile_hmm_t2::tinysmile_hmm_t2:
                    Originally posted by Turboman View Post
                    Fortunately--the Lord of the ... bans partaking of own food:clap2::clap2:

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
                      What if you bring your own booze and add to a coke:tinysmile_hmm_t2::tinysmile_hmm_t2:
                      Christ that's the trick that Di and myself did in Brum, hmmmmmm now I know why we both ended up having an early night rofl.

Comment

Friday 1st April.....London Meet

I am really looking forward to meeting up with everyone and especially going to see Le Miserables in the evening. With huge thanks to Exc.

Saturday 2nd April

Meeting at Lord of the Moon Pub in 16-18 Whitehall at mid-day. 16-18 Whitehall,SW1A 2DY

We are then off to the Houses of Commons Tour and those on the tour will leave the pub at 1:40pm allowing us 15/20 minutes to walk to the HOC and find the right entrance. Houses of Parliament Info Saturday 2nd April
                        2.30pm start of tour - arrive 20 mins before at CROMWELL GREEN ENTRANCE - number 6 on right hand side of map
                        http://www.parliament.uk/documents/upload/faxmap.pdf

Anyone who is booked on the tour and misses us at the pub please meet us at the Cromwell Green Entrance no later than 2:10pm.

After the tour we will return back to the Lord of the Moon Pub where we hope to relax with a few beverages and chatter before deciding where we will be eating. We do expect to be back at the pub by 4:30pm.

On behalf of Legal Beagles we look forward to seeing you tomorrow and/or Saturday.

Tuttsi xx

Comment

Well you lucky people, because its you I will brave the smoke and go to London rofl, anyways just a stupid question to stop me hunting on the underground map, does anyone know what the nearest tube station to the pub is please.

Comment

Well you lucky people, because its you I will brave the smoke and go to London rofl, anyways just a stupid question to stop me hunting on the underground map, does anyone know what the nearest tube station to the pub is please.
                            Charring Cross or Embankment.

Comment

Lord Moon of the Mall

Our rating

User rating
                              2 reviews

16-18 Whitehall,
                              London,
                              SW1A 2DY

0872 148 4151
                              Note: Calls cost 10p per min plus network extras.

add to my map

Venue Map

Map

Comment

Re Friday's visit to Les Miserables.

How was old Les (haven't seen him for ages!) :lol:
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                                gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X