• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The Join-in Chatter Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Join-in Chatter Thread

Thread self-explanatory

So as its Sunday-8:30 I'll start off with a video I like of Cat Stevens singing Morning Has Broken

Turbo

Last edited by Turboman; 17th October 2010, 08:01:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: The Join-in Chatter Thread

That's so lovely Turbo, one of my beloved dad's faves "Cat Stevens" thank you. X

Comment

Hi Di--good to see you

Now why did I give odds of 13-1-on that you'd be the second poster--lol

How's the boys & the horses on your brother's farm in the welsh hills?

Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
        Hi Di--good to see you

Now why did I give odds of 13-1-on that you'd be the second poster--lol

How's the boys & the horses on your brother's farm in the welsh hills?

Turbo

Hi Turbo LOL, you certainly know me well by now .

Yes doing okay thank you, don't see my oldest that much now, with him doing his own thing main of the time, work, girlfriend and footy, but yes the youngest still loving farm life and loves his horses so much and the welsh hills.

Di
        X

Comment

Greetings TM,

Di my dad was horse made before we lost him to cancer last year, we where brought up with horses as children and loved the country life.

I have many fond memories of our trips to the new forest on sale days, yup my dad always brought them as yearlings and broke them in himself lol boy did I have some laughs watching my dad do that never broke a bone too.

As I say fond memories of my dads life he really was a swell guy a true pomponian

PF
          If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Hi PF

That is so sad, but lovely memories and ones you will always remember.

Sounds like you have a wonderful time, living in the country life with such a wonderful family.

My nan's side were farmers and gramps miners, even though my dad was raised on a farm and worked on farms as a young boy he then went into mining.

We loved country life as well and loved being amongst the mountains, we had a special family tree we called our own very swinging tree, dad would take us (his 8 children) and also our friends, there would be about 40 to 50 of us, we loved it, then when we arrived home, dad would cook us his own very special home made chips and tell us stories, its something we will never forget.

You beloved dad was also a very special gent, bless.

Di
            x

Comment

A pic here of my dad when younger and another taken with mum, this was the last time he was taken out for a family meal before his health condition got worse.

In loving memory of my beloved dad March 1941 - July 2010 taken from us at the age of 69

Comment

I have a lovely photo of my mum and dad when they got married in 1948 he looked a right picture in his royal marine uniform and my mum in her wedding dress that my late nan made ill put it up here for you tomorrow as im on my phone now

sigpic

Comment

those old pictures are so special Di i have quite a few handed down

sigpic

Comment

watching the dam busters on bbc 2 in black and white lol

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                      PF-those old pictures are so special Di i have quite a few handed down
                      I believe that all those photos (and to come) are so special that this thread will run& run!!

Di--& PF--I am honoured to be your "geek" at my age on our financial things -lol

As always when I can't put my thoughts into prose--a video to help us all- -lol

Turbo

xxx
                      Last edited by Turboman; 19th October 2010, 15:03:PM.

Comment

You are welcome TM cant watch videos on my phone so that will wait till tomorrow dam busters epic film

sigpic

Comment

Well I had 2 horses (well one was a pony and a real gent) the other was a Welsh cob I bought at 10 months old, I was the first on his back and the first to fall off him.
                          The pony Pepper sadly I had to have put down, but he did reach nearly 30 and had a good life with us. Omar the cob grew to a good 16 hands, think I must have over fed him cause he was only supposed to reach about 14.2, I sold him to a perfect home as he was not being given the work he needed and it would have been selfish of me to keep him.
                          Don't quite know how I afforded the time or the money when I think back, but you just do.

Comment

Aww thank you Turbo, your a diamond - love you too.
                            And what a remarkable stunning song.

I look forward to seeing your pics PF, I bet your parents look amazing and what a clever nan you had too.

enaid, wow they sound lovely. I know it can be very expensive, and its down to spare time and money isn't it?
                            Luckily though with my son's, the horses and loaned to him from his aunt, and he will help out at the farm and keep the horses in good shape, so we are lucky no expense our end, and at the same time it keeps my son happy and his mind focused. He does tend to pick up the odd treat for them though lol.

Comment

And as most of you know, I have a 16.0hh Welsh Section D. His name is Eben and that's him in my profile piccie. He really belongs to my daughter who competes on him, I'm just the bankroll! Although to be fair since she has started her job she does pay for most of his keep every month, and we help out with paying the farrier (every 5 minutes that seems) and keeping the horsebox on the road, although it's SORNed at the moment, and i want to sell it and get a smaller one.

I've also got loads of old photos of my parents etc, might get round to posting them up one day...
                              Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X