• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

calling all property tycoons .....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calling all property tycoons .....

Google Maps reborn as world's largest Monopoly board
    Google Maps reborn as world's largest Monopoly board • The Register

Toymaker Hasbro is preparing to launch a world-encompassing live version of Monopoly using Google Maps as its game board.
    Having clearly missed the memo that both Apple and The Beatles are making a ruckus in the news Wednesday, Hasbro's Monopoly City Streets plans to dust off the dice tomorrow and will run until the end of January 2010.
    The game's official site dubs the stunt a "world of property empire building on an unimaginable scale" — and it will use something a bit different from the traditional Monopoly rule set.

Monopoly City Streets over Manhattan

Using Google Maps data as the backdrop, players start with $3 million Monopoly dollars to "purchase" actual streets and build up property nearly anywhere they wish in the world. Each street is only available for purchase by one player and can be traded or hoarded in the pursuit of real estate domination. Players earn rent each day based on the property they own, and chance cards offer the ability to make bonus buildings like parks, schools, and wind farms or even put hazards on other people's properties to sabotage their rent value.
    A Hasbro spokeswoman told us the game will be free to play as a way for the company to pitch its latest incarnation of the physical board game, Monopoly City. She added that in most cases, if players can find the street on Google Maps, they'll be able to purchase it.
    Monopoly City Streets was developed by the Hasbro's UK agency, Tribal DDB, with a little bit of help from Google. The game will be available in English, Spanish, German, French, and Dutch. ®

Oh yes baby.
    All kicks off TODAY !!!

Re: calling all property tycoons .....

I've been on from Day1 (9/9), but they seriously underestimated the number of people that wanted to play.
    The servers fairly melted after being hit by 1.7 MILLION users on the first day.
    Admittedly they have been working hard and it's now getting to a playable state.
    Due to the various "glitchs" and general slow response times, the games is due to be restarted some time next week.

Further updates are available on the Blog: Monopoly City Streets

So am I the only person playing or are there other AMHDers around and battling the slow servers ??

Did you manage to purchase the streets you wanted and how are you doing ??

So after the restart anyone up for playing with an LB twist ??

The rules are simple, buy streets of DCA's and lets see if we can make money out of them for a change..
    I'm not sure if it will be possible, but I'm up for a go.
    Obviously this will be a separate account from my main one.
    So anyone want to play ???

Comment

I tried but it just wouldnt happen and kept crashing my computer

":cry:Um... Our servers are down. We're trying to find out if the building with them has been demolished. Best give us some time and come back a bit later."
      Last edited by Mochamoo; 11th September 2009, 21:33:PM.
      Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
      Me VS Abbey Win
      BIL HSBC Credit Card
      BIL EGG
      BIL HSBC Loan
      BIL PPI Win

Comment

I found it works best in Google Chrome

Comment

Ive brought my road and built a 4 sided fortress on it to protect me from all the evil DCA's lol, everything in Brighton has gone and my old homes in dxb have been taken already
          Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
          Me VS Abbey Win
          BIL HSBC Credit Card
          BIL EGG
          BIL HSBC Loan
          BIL PPI Win

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X