• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Labelled as a Unreasonably Persistent Complainer - Has it Happened to You?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Labelled as a Unreasonably Persistent Complainer - Has it Happened to You?

Originally posted by BBB View Post
    I have asked the PCT for certain documents relating to this, but so far it has been ignored. It has crossed my mind to send a SAR and ask them for everything they have on me.
    As his guardian1st make an application on his name/behalf then when they respond do the same in yours separately
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    Originally posted by sapphire View Post
    my friend has just had to put her mum in a home (vascular depression allegedly), and they are having to pay £560 a WEEK.
    I'll be interested to see how this pans out BBB.
    My best wishes to you and ((((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))

Ooooo by the way have you thought of getting the press / tv involved, that might put a boot up their behinds.
    Do you mean vascular DEMENTIA?? & was your friends mother assessed correctly & by whom
    Last edited by righty; 13th December 2008, 21:27:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
      my friend has just had to put her mum in a home (vascular depression allegedly), and they are having to pay £560 a WEEK.
      I'll be interested to see how this pans out BBB.
      My best wishes to you and ((((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))

Ooooo by the way have you thought of getting the press / tv involved, that might put a boot up their behinds.
      Sapphire,

Has your friends mum had an assessment by the NHS to see if she is eligible for fully funded NHS care? I have a suspicion that might not have happened. If your friend wants to expand on it and look into the process I will be more than happy to help.

As for the press, I have contacted the local paper and they were very interested!:santa2:

Comment

I think I was labeled as a persistant complainer by my local health service. I tend to spend a month or so every year in hospital. I was on a particulary dirty ward one time and kept telling the staff to clean it properly. After 6 weeks and it still being filthy I contacted my MP, who happened to be the health minister at that time. I got all of the bedside feeding stations changed, all of the wards were systematically steam cleaned and I am now a member of the patients trust. Keep persuing them for better service and if need be contact the health minister.
        Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

If the patient has been admitted with dementia (no matter how severe) the council will usually use this to claim they need 'care' rather than full nursing care. This exonerates them from fully funding the care.

As has been stated by BBB it's important there be a proper assessment done which should include representatives of the patient

Comment

The main issue is to determine if the patient has primary health needs. If this is the case then the NHS should pay for the full package of care. If your friends mum was in hospital prior to being admitted into the nursing home then the NHS should have carried out a full continuing care assessment and the family should have received copies of this. This is a legal requirement under the Delayed Discharge (Continuing Care) Regulations 2004.

PS I just hijacked my own thread!!:cancan:

Comment

Tell you what peeps I'll start another thread re my best friends mum, in order to keep BBB's thread on track.

I think this could be rather interesting.

Comment

No worries Sapphire, you start off a seperate thread and I will happily advise you about the issue of your friends mum. I suspect they have been mislead, like so many, by social services telling them they will have to fund their own care, without even mentioning the role of the NHS in having to assess them first to see if they should be funded by the NHS because they have primary health needs.

It's worth mentioning that claims can be made retrospectively for care costs that have already been paid out.

Comment

& if you later find there is a legal dimension in that fees need to be recovered or a charge on property removed let us know as my BH specializes in the recovery of wrongly applied fees & removal of property charges/cautions. Although if it's found that there has been a 'mistake' any money paid + % should be refunded without argument

Comment

An update on this sorry saga.

It's been a busy few months since I posted this but in short here is a summary:-

Suffolk PCT backed off totally with regards to the threat of legal action, though I am still waiting for a formal apology from them. If they don't come up with it then I will send the complaint back to the Healthcare Commission.

The story about my father was published by the Ipswich Evening Star on the 2nd January and it made the front page.

And finally............................at the assessment carried out on the 29th January the PCT agreed to carry on funding my father for another 6 months at which point they will carry out another assessment ( I expect they are hoping for a miracle!).

I will post in greater detail in due course

Comment

Originally posted by BBB View Post

And finally............................at the assessment carried out on the 29th January the PCT agreed to carry on funding my father for another 6 months at which point they will carry out another assessment ( I expect they are hoping for a miracle!).

I will post in greater detail in due course

Aww good news Well done
                      Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
                      Me VS Abbey Win
                      BIL HSBC Credit Card
                      BIL EGG
                      BIL HSBC Loan
                      BIL PPI Win

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X