• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Labelled as a Unreasonably Persistent Complainer - Has it Happened to You?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Labelled as a Unreasonably Persistent Complainer - Has it Happened to You?

I wonder if anyone here has been involved in a dispute with a government department or local authority and has been labelled as a unreasonably persistent or vexatious complainer?

Re: Labelled as a Unreasonably Persistent Complainer - Has it Happened to You?

That mean they don't agree with your complaint per chance?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I rather think Martin Narey thinks that about me actually. He's now taken to replying to my emails as simply "M".

Comment

Not so much not agreeing with a complaint but not answering questions properly, so follow up letters have to be sent to get the original points answered, and they then start to accuse you of being unreasonably persistent, so that all future correspondence is channelled through one person.

Comment

In dealing with my fathers claim for fully funded NHS care, the PCT who I have been fighting (Suffolk PCT) have decided to brand me as an unreasonably persistent complainer. I have to write to the PCT complaints manager. If I write to anyone else then it will be passed to the complaints manager. If I ask any questions which they think they have already dealt with then it will be merely acknoweledged and filed.

I believe their action has been taken because I took them to an independent review panel and won, so they are, in my opinion, acting out of spite. I think they want to be able to label me as a vexatious complainer and then cut off all communications with me, thus depriving my father of representation at the next assessment.

That's my take on the situation. Any comments and advice on how to fight it would be welcome. I have already written to the Healthcare Commission and formally complained.

Comment

This matter has now taken a rather nasty turn. The complaints manager at Suffolk PCT has written to me and told me that if I continue to persist in writing to them in an "aggressive and derogatory" manner then they will take legal action against me!!:mad2:

As my letters have not been aggressive or derogatory, I see this as an attempt to intimidate me into backing off from representing my fathers interests. I have therefore written back to them and given them 14 days in which to either take legal action against me or not. I have pointed out to them that if they decide not to take action then I will consider their threat as the first strike under the Protection from Harassment act and that if they make similar threats in the future that I will take legal action against them.

They sure made my blood boil!!

Comment

Have you contacted your local MP about this ?

Comment

Who the hell do these people think they are. It really annoys me that these civil servants think they are not answerable to anyone and can effectively do as they please.

I'm glad you are showing them they cannot.

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
                  Have you contacted your local MP about this ?
                  Sapphire,

I had been dealing with my fathers MP, but he has said he can't assist me any further. In other words he has no bottle. But I will be writing to my local MP. I did contact him earlier in the year but he couldn't assist as the original matter concerned my father and he lives in a different constituency. But now they have threatened one of his own constituents then he should be able to get involved.
                  ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                  Originally posted by Amy View Post
                  Who the hell do these people think they are. It really annoys me that these civil servants think they are not answerable to anyone and can effectively do as they please.

I'm glad you are showing them they cannot.
                  Amy, their behaviour is outrageous. They seem to think they can make threats whenever they like, hoping that as the big government department with all the power it has will forcethe individual to back down. But not me. I know my letters are not aggressive and derogatory. I will freely admit that in fighting my fathers case I have been persistent, but not unreasonably so. But it's the only way to get somewhere with these numbskulls.
                  Last edited by BBB; 13th December 2008, 15:03:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by BBB View Post
                    Amy, their behaviour is outrageous. They seem to think they can make threats whenever they like, hoping that as the big government department with all the power it has will forcethe individual to back down. But not me. I know my letters are not aggressive and derogatory. I will freely admit that in fighting my fathers case I have been persistent, but not unreasonably so. But it's the only way to get somewhere with these numbskulls.
                    The only reason they think your letters are aggressive and derogatory is because a) they don't understand them, b) more than likely nobody has ever questioned them before and c) because the best form of defence is to attack.

Martin Narey from Barnardo's took a similar stance with me recently when I complained about his latest advertising campaign. He appeared to be counting how many times I had emailed him and then proceeded to give me his itinerary for the day, as clearly he is more important than I am.

They all seem to forget who they ultimately work for. You stick to your guns.

xx

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post
                      The only reason they think your letters are aggressive and derogatory is because a) they don't understand them, b) more than likely nobody has ever questioned them before and c) because the best form of defence is to attack.
                      I think they understand them but they don't want to answer me as that could be embarrassing for them They are not used to being challenged and they are coming across as very bitter because I took them to the review panel and they lost, so they are having to pay my fathers nursing home costs in full. And yes Amy, it is best to get on the attack, especially when the subject has been well researched. Knowledge truly is power!

Martin Narey from Barnardo's took a similar stance with me recently when I complained about his latest advertising campaign. He appeared to be counting how many times I had emailed him and then proceeded to give me his itinerary for the day, as clearly he is more important than I am.
                      Isn't he the fellow who used to run the prison service and had to resign? But the sheer arrogance of the man.

They all seem to forget who they ultimately work for. You stick to your guns.

xx
                      They forget that so easily. I'm a bit of a crusty old barnacle that will take some removing to get me off the hull of their not so good ship!

Thanks for the support and encouragement Amy.

Comment

Isn't he the fellow who used to run the prison service and had to resign? But the sheer arrogance of the man.
                        Yes, that is the one and he hasn't changed one bit.

Thanks for the support and encouragement Amy.
                        You're very welcome, I like to see the "little" people taking on the "big" people.

Comment

Have you thought of sending a SAR the effect could be electric. It did work for me when helping a family suffering grief from their council who backed off

Comment

I have asked the PCT for certain documents relating to this, but so far it has been ignored. It has crossed my mind to send a SAR and ask them for everything they have on me.

Comment

my friend has just had to put her mum in a home (vascular depression allegedly), and they are having to pay £560 a WEEK.
                              I'll be interested to see how this pans out BBB.
                              My best wishes to you and ((((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))

Ooooo by the way have you thought of getting the press / tv involved, that might put a boot up their behinds.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X