• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Those missing socks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those missing socks

This does my head in, as I'm sure it does others too. You but two socks in the wash and only one comes out. I have a bag of socks and if I am really in the mood I will go through and all that don't pair up go in the bin.
    That then leads to another bag of lonely socks and the process starts again.
    This came to mind cause OH bought himself some new socks this week, 7 pairs, all with a different day of the week on and all with different coloured toes and heels. I went mad at first, but as you can't see the colours or the days they just look like normal black socks.
    I have had a bet with him as to how long it will be before he has a Friday and a Sunday sock on, on the same day and that day being a Saturday.
    It doesn't help either that he is colour blind lol.
    Anyways this must be a lt bigger problem than I originally thought they have a missing sock bureau and a whole load of posts about it lol have a read.

http://www.google.com/search?q=missi...e=utf8&oe=utf8

Re: Those missing socks

LOL Enaid, I have at the bottom of my ironing basket a bag full of unmatched socks, I dare not throw them away in case the others suddenly appear.

Whats happens to those unmatched socks...................I think it is a sock gremlin.

xx

Comment

LOL

I thought it was only me that had a bag of single socks..............seems I was wrong, I can't even blame the dog for running off with them.
      Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

Whats happens to those unmatched socks...................I think it is a sock gremlin.

xx[/quote]

you may be right Tuts lol

Comment

I don't just lose single socks I lose whole rafts of them !.

Kids went back to school last week, I bought them huge packs of socks from tescos, grey and white ones, must have been 40 pairs.

Today...could we find a single pair of socks before school ..,,, could we heck.

Ones gone with odd ones, ones gone with pink ones and ones gone without lol.

Maybe I should do the washing a bit more often.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I always buy black socks for OH, then there's no problems, they always match. However me and Jess have multi coloured socks (I am a bit of a sock person lol). I do not end up with a bag of single socks. I end up with 2 whole washing baskets full of them. I have a simple solution to this, one which my daughter has now taken on board. It's really easy. I wear odd socks all the time. This of course leads to odd pairs going into the wash, which means of course that the cycle starts over and over again. But as we live in jeans and boots, noone knows we are wearing odd socks anyway so who cares. Unless my friends come round to my house and see me pottering around with no shoes on lol. In fact most of my friends are amazed and comment when I do (once in a blue moon) have a matching pair of socks on.

Life is to short to spend it sorting socks out. My mantra is - if you want a matching pair of socks, sort em yourself!
            Is no longer here

Comment

I reckon there must be a mountain somewhere just made up from missing almonds.

On the good side I just leave the socks in front of himself and he has to sort them out, its a lot easier.
              Apparently you can by net bags to put your socks in and they all stay together whilst in the machine.

Comment

but my net bag would be full of odd socks......
                Is no longer here

Comment

I have no problems with socks

I just leave them next to the bed and 'et voila' a few days later they re appear in my drawer, already paired up.

Dont know what you women are fussing about...lol

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post

xx
                    Its a well known fact that a 'sock monster' lives in every washing machine lol.....My eldest son also has one in his room, as he always wears his socks to bed [a habit which I absolutely hate....and when he grows up and gets a g/f I'll have to point out why lol] and he only ever has one on when he gets up the following morning and it can't be found anywhere.............can't see it being anything to do with his rooms a tip and I'd probably find every single missing sock if he ever tidies it up!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PKea View Post
                      I have no problems with socks

I just leave them next to the bed and 'et voila' a few days later they re appear in my drawer, already paired up.

Dont know what you women are fussing about...lol

You are very very lucky........

Comment

Maybe this may explain it, one of my favourite comedians but not everyones cup of tea

And if you cant understand a word he is saying

3. The Ceremony of Laundry on this page cake or death: an eddie izzard site
                        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X