• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CMC bunker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CMC bunker

Similar article is on the BBC web site now as well, but not in such definite terms.
    The press RSS feed has posted the link on LB. By all means add another link to the FT one as well Shazzaw, it's important.

Budgie

Here's the link to the actual article http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/cde2d800-2...nclick_check=1
    Last edited by Budgie; 21st May 2008, 10:36:AM.

Comment

Cheers Budgie - yes I notice the BBC link is up now.

I'll just put a mention on that thread that the FT article is being discussed on the CMC Bunker thread.

Comment

I tend to gree with Budgie - don't always believe what you read in the papers - even the FT.

I'll put up a thread of her recent stuff.

Comment

EXC - just as a matter of courtesy I'm letting you know that I have copied the article on to the Press Release thread and also posted onto a PC thread.

I'm hoping you don't mind and that you don't think I'm trying to steal your thunder.

I just thought it was a pretty important article that many would be interested in reading asap.

Be interesting how long it takes to appear OTR!

Comment

Not at all Shazzaw.

I put up some more articles here http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...2202#post62202

I'm sure otr will have it in a jiffy - September I'd say.

Comment

The BBC article is actually better written, has more content and is probably closer to the real situation.

BBC article http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7412119.stm

Wasn't it Megan who warned us to beware all the rumours and gossip that would be flying around the media and the internet anytime that a judgment or declaration etc was due to be issued in the Test Case.

Maybe we should have a quiet little word with her tomorrow Exc !!!!!

Budgie

Comment

I think we should.

Her article yesterday categorically states: Banks appeal against overdraft judgment

And today it's: Banks TO appeal against overdraft judgment

Comment

The hearing is listed for a leisurely 10.30 start and is taking place in court 76 at the Royal Courts of Justice.

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/c...commercial.htm

Comment

Any change to our plans for brekkie tomorrow then Exc.

Maybe we should invite Megan along !!!

I guess we should still get to the RCJ reasonably early to reserve our seats and buy some popcorn.

Also, any word on who the new QC will be for the OFT. Whoever it is will obvioulsy be keen to make a mark on thier first day in the driving seat. Nothing much has been said about the OFT appealing against the PIL and Penalty charge aspects of the original judgment !!

Budgie

Comment

Ohhh I don't think there's any need to reschedule breakfast. I'm quite looking forward to spending an hour or so in the company of that Swedish bird in the Stand Palace coffee shop. She can butter my croissant anytime.

Unlike the test case hearing the judgment didn't issue passes - people just turned up until it was full and I assume the CMC will be the same. I think we should aim to get into RCJ for 9.30.

I don't have a clue as to who will represent the OFT.

Comment

Nice press release, Megan. Angela Knight couldn't have spun it better herself :rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Budgie View Post
                          Any change to our plans for brekkie tomorrow then Exc.

Maybe we should invite Megan along !!!

I guess we should still get to the RCJ reasonably early to reserve our seats and buy some popcorn.

Also, any word on who the new QC will be for the OFT. Whoever it is will obvioulsy be keen to make a mark on thier first day in the driving seat. Nothing much has been said about the OFT appealing against the PIL and Penalty charge aspects of the original judgment !!

Budgie
                          I would be astonished if the OFT did not appeal the penalty charge aspect, in particular as this document, published over a year ago, so clearly sets out the OFT's position on the UTCCR 1999.

Comment

It looks like we'll have to wait a bit longer for the publication of the OFT's Personal Current Account investigation which , I believe, will include their decision on the assessment of fairness under UTCCR.

They will however be publishing the market study in a few weeks which should give us some indication of the status of the PCA investigation.

----- Original Message -----
                            To: EXC

Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 1:40 PM
                            Subject: RE: PCAI

I am currently drafting an update to the Q&As to include information about what the CMC will cover.

A news notice and further Q&A update will be published post CMC once we have had time to absorb the information from it.

We are also aiming to publish our second stakeholder newsletter in a few weeks to coincide with the publication of the market study and associated remedies consultation document, and I expect we'll have more to say at that point with regards to the way forward with the investigation.

Kind regards

Kate

Comment

Nice little set up we got here at the bunker...Celestine and Budgie are here now.

Comment

Morning All, Just met up with Exc and Celestine.
                                Off now for coffee and croissant in the hotel cafe and to meet Exc's blond Swedish waitress LOL

We will try to keep you advised and updated throughout the day

Budgie

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X