• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DAY 2 - OFT Test Case - as it happens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DAY 2 - OFT Test Case - as it happens

Originally posted by EXC
    There are a large number of poor and disadvantaged families who feel their banks have ripped them off and then been afforded the luxury of the cosy shelter your waiver provides them.

so very true
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Especially as we have evidence that some of these cases are "hardship" cases that the banks did not "filter" or consider as per the waiver agreement

I know especially of one case on CAG where they had to appear in court a couple of weeks ago and the stress caused them considerable distress.

Jan
      "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Hello everyone , I am due again in court on the 31st January and this will be my 3rd time and this is seriously causing me distress ! The last time I was there to try to get my stay lifted on account of hardship the judge would not lift the stay at that time but because of the large amount concerned he said I was to appear before the district judge as soon in the new year as possible. I am just keeping the wolves from the door but it has caused many a sleepless night I can tell you. Not sure what will happen on the 31st but not expecting miracles! Just hoping it goes in our favour so I can be debt free!

Comment

Good Luck to you skintkim,I hope it all goes in your favour.
          Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
            Tanz,
            Yes I think they did and as far as I know - no response as yet.

But there are definately some inconsistencies between the ABBEY and one of the other banks but cannot remember which Bank.

As I said if the Judge will read it I am quite happy to FAX to the Judge my Abbey defence if it will help the Judge to see the differences in the defences and help him with his judgement regarding the stayed claims and if anyone wants to do the same or if LB want to send them on behalf of their members with a suitable written letter I am cool with that.

DSxx
            HSBC ?
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by skintkim View Post
              Hello everyone , I am due again in court on the 31st January and this will be my 3rd time and this is seriously causing me distress ! The last time I was there to try to get my stay lifted on account of hardship the judge would not lift the stay at that time but because of the large amount concerned he said I was to appear before the district judge as soon in the new year as possible. I am just keeping the wolves from the door but it has caused many a sleepless night I can tell you. Not sure what will happen on the 31st but not expecting miracles! Just hoping it goes in our favour so I can be debt free!
              Good luck hunny xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                HSBC ?

Yes I believe it could be.

Comment

Aye - their defences contradict one another somewhat

hopefully such differences in the defences will help the judge (who I thinkhas a good head on his shulders) see that a lot of what the banks defences consist of is pure spin
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yes I agree with you Ame, so whats the plan to let the judge in on whats what. Tools did say he had the Judges Fax NO and I did ask for it to be PM'd to me, nothing yet received!

I am extremely happy to either let LB send it in or I will myself if someone has the contact number and can let me have it.

DSxx

Comment

nice one Tuttsui, I'd send mine in..... IF... i had one pmsl
                      the only thing I have is the skeleton argument Natwest used to reinstate my stay, I don't think that would be any good though.

Comment

Something is being co-ordinated at the moment.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X