• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Appeal Judgment - 26th February 2009 - OFT v Abbey National Plc & Otrs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Appeal Judgment - 26th February 2009 - OFT v Abbey National Plc & Otrs

They are appealing the entire judgement,.

http://www.justice.gov.uk/criminal/p...es/part_65.htm . It's a procedural motion to ask for permission to appeal the items the court refused earlier.

IMHO, they would only do this if they had lost the case, but it might be a back up plan (i.e. before they recieved the judgement).

Comment

These are criminal procedure rules though. Not civil.

Comment

I think we should just wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
          These are criminal procedure rules though. Not civil.
          Sorry, I meant to link to http://www.justice.gov.uk/civil/proc...2.htm#IDAVDZ3B .

Rules 4.18 onwards are the most relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by natweststaffmember View Post
            Drink plenty and have an early night(Doctors always say that)
            I am going to take your advice Nettie and hopefully i won't wake up until the court session is over tomorrow.

Comment

Just wondering.
              As HBOS are now part of LTSB how does this affect the case ?

Comment

HBOS still has a seperate legal identity AFAIK, so it doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                  ??????? this mean HBOS appealing the judgment thats being handed down tmw? simply going on your numbers theory?
                  There is a 'Y' in brackets after the number on the appeal application number so maybe that is a distinguishing element.

Comment

Well soon find out See you in the morning

Night all xx
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Tomorrow is Thursday..right???

lol

Comment

Originally posted by PKea View Post
                        Tomorrow is Thursday..right???

lol
                        Ask me again in 5 mins and no lol

Comment

I will post the initial updates from Court on the following thread for speed and ease, and so they dont get lost in the middle of the thread

Appeal Judgment - Court Updates - Legal Beagles

PKea

Comment

*sits down with nice cup of tea and waits
                            Even dizzyness cannot stop me now!

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Tabs open on BBC News, Sky News, LBs, Twitter, et al

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X