• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The EU referendum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The EU referendum

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
    I dont really like getting involved in politics, however the EU in or out vote and more importantly the recent discussion i had with a person who it seemed had been brainwashed to* “vote leave” with arguments that simply fell over at the first hurdle. Human Rights. I was told that the Human Rights Act […]

More...
    According to the EU's official website, the EU Commission in its country interactive chart indicates the UK paid just under 7 billion in 2014 towards the EU's entire budget. This website is an excellent source in my view. http://ec.europa.eu/budget/figures/i...e/index_en.cfm It is obvious furthermore that EU countries do not all pay the same amounts, including Poland and Germany. Germany has much larger population than the UK's to be fair but given Poland's problems in its economy it explains I suppose why it pays more than the UK. In any event these figures i'll trust as they're official and transparent than other sources which cannot be verified albeit they have mean true/ genuine in their claims.

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
      Mr Dyson says the EU sucks and he knows all about suction lol
      Mr Dyson took a shed load of money from the government to set up his business and then b*****ed off!

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
      ~ Anonymous

Comment

I bet Nigel Farage is a bit smug this morning.

Last week he was lambasted for spreading fear by saying UK women would be at risk from sexual attacks. He had a torrid time from the young lady and most of the audience on the Cameron v Farage debate.

This morning, when I switched on the BBC text news, three migrants in Newcastle have sexually assaulted a 16 year old girl. The mail on line says its four migrants and two 14 year old girls. Whichever is the correct version, I think some people should be apologising to Nigel....

Comment

Originally posted by Ripped-Off View Post
          I bet Nigel Farage is a bit smug this morning.

Last week he was lambasted for spreading fear by saying UK women would be at risk from sexual attacks. He had a torrid time from the young lady and most of the audience on the Cameron v Farage debate.

This morning, when I switched on the BBC text news, three migrants in Newcastle have sexually assaulted a 16 year old girl. The mail on line says its four migrants and two 14 year old girls. Whichever is the correct version, I think some people should be apologising to Nigel....
          Question Time in general or these EU question times are rather pointless. The questions should be at random and in real-time. The audience is not the expert which is the very point. The UK media is obsessed with migration, terrorism which is why people are treated worse than terrorists, or persons who were born and lived in the UK all their lives have to prove they have UK citizenship for jobs etc. The terrorism issue is also the reason why we were nearly forced to have an ID cards, which let's face it is a precursor to a computer chip at some point in the future at least. It's all about control - not rights, not the right to security. One prominent American once said, if you ask for security don't be surprised if you lose your liberty (paraphrasing) The USA has its own agenda to control its populations too.

Also, let the person be it Cameron or Farage explain some EU facts that the controlled BBC would normally never permit. Everything is about control - the media know that the public will gravitate towards migration issues because that's what they're subliminally or explicitly fed by the media daily. In some ways it's like teachers being interviewed by their pupils to whom they're employed to teach them. Use the experts to interview Cameron et al rather than having to listen to drivel.

Comment

Originally posted by Openlaw15 View Post
            the media know that the public will gravitate towards migration issues because that's what they're subliminally or explicitly fed by the media daily. In some ways it's like teachers being interviewed by their pupils to whom they're employed to teach them. Use the experts to interview Cameron et al rather than having to listen to drivel.
            You obviously don't get out much. You don't need the media to subliminally or explicitly feed the public's conscience on migration. You just have to walk around the town centre, or sit in the GP surgery, or pick up your children from school, or sit in the 4hr queue in A & E. It's there all the time, a constant nagging reminder.

When I go out for my lunchbreak at work I must pass about 20-30 working age migrant males (most with families and at least one pram). I often wonder what they are contributing to the economy, it's obvious they're not on a lunch break and they can't all be having a day off work. Perhaps, I'm the fool because I have to work to support my family, I don't get hand-outs from the state. I'm the disgruntled taxpayer, p1$$£d off because I have to go out to work whilst these people sponge off the state.

The thing about being BRITISH is that we have an inherent sense of fairness built into our genes. It's what makes us British. We hate to see injustice, and when we do see it we want someone in authority to make it just. The Hillsborough outcome is an example of that.

I think this is what most of the UK population want, a sense of fairness and justice that we are denied by being part of the EU.

Comment

That old chestnut Immigration rises its head again immigration is not the problem uncontrolled immigration and the inability of those in power to control it a few basic rules are needed in the end IN or OUT this problem will not go away

Comment

You obviously don't get out much. You don't need the media to subliminally or explicitly feed the public's conscience on migration. You just have to walk around the town centre, or sit in the GP surgery, or pick up your children from school, or sit in the 4hr queue in A & E. It's there all the time, a constant nagging reminder.

When I go out for my lunchbreak at work I must pass about 20-30 working age migrant males (most with families and at least one pram). I often wonder what they are contributing to the economy, it's obvious they're not on a lunch break and they can't all be having a day off work. Perhaps, I'm the fool because I have to work to support my family, I don't get hand-outs from the state. I'm the disgruntled taxpayer, p1$$£d off because I have to go out to work whilst these people sponge off the state.

The thing about being BRITISH is that we have an inherent sense of fairness built into our genes. It's what makes us British. We hate to see injustice, and when we do see it we want someone in authority to make it just. The Hillsborough outcome is an example of that.

I think this is what most of the UK population want, a sense of fairness and justice that we are denied by being part of the EU.
                Without that idiot box called a tv...there would be no way to control individuals except by radio. The stimuli (stimulates the senses) of the tv however is better for subliminal effect. Migration is not the biggest issue to do with the EU, in any event blame the Tories for the migration problem. In 1992, the Tories said to Parliament if you do not permit this freedom of movement policy, we will use the royal prerogative (ancient monarch powers now benefit government: ie Executive (Cameron), Judiciary, Legislator) to bring it through. Parliament acquiesced and so it happened. The idea for the Tories was to keep wages controlled ie people from Poland would do work for UK wages which it them was like a month's salary back home.

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                  That old chestnut Immigration rises its head again immigration is not the problem uncontrolled immigration and the inability of those in power to control it a few basic rules are needed in the end IN or OUT this problem will not go away
                  The two are inseparable in my view.

We don't want to 'import' wasters, we have enough of our own - that's the migration issue. We can't keep out wasters from the EU.

Mass migration is putting pressure on all of us and our public services. - that's the uncontrolled migration issue.

I had to laugh at the Albanian taxi driver that picked me up yesterday. He was complaining that the price of property was preventing him from buying a house, priceless!

Comment

Now my day to day experience differs from yours.
                    Being retired I am out at all different times of day.
                    Living in rural Wales I don't see lots of immigrants standing around (unless you refer to the English:behindsofa
                    I hear Polish spoken, but our hotels catering for tourists and our abbatoirs are staffed by Poles.
                    And yet I am bombarded by both sides discussing(?) the immigration problem.
                    I don't see a problem the same way you do.

Also I don't understand your comment that we are denied a sense of fairness and justice by being part of EU.
                    Most, IMO, as consumers and employees now have more fairness and justice by being inside the EU.

And note I haven't said 'm in or out!!
                    Now out for the rest of day at my daughter's on WRONG sde of Offa's Dyke!!

Comment

Originally posted by Openlaw15 View Post
                      Without that idiot box called a tv...there would be no way to control individuals except by radio. The stimuli (stimulates the senses) of the tv however is better for subliminal effect. Migration is not the biggest issue to do with the EU, in any event blame the Tories for the migration problem. In 1992, the Tories said to Parliament if you do not permit this freedom of movement policy, we will use the royal prerogative (ancient monarch powers now benefit government: ie Executive (Cameron), Judiciary, Legislator) to bring it through. Parliament acquiesced and so it happened. The idea for the Tories was to keep wages controlled ie people from Poland would do work for UK wages which it them was like a month's salary back home.
                      What an absolute load of bo77ock$. Please don't patronise me with comments like 'stimuli (stimulates the senses)'. You really are a narcissist!
                      It's that kind of arrogance that makes people dislike you, and believe me there seem to be quite a few on here. Were you bullied at school?

I bet you weren't even born when the Maastricht Treaty was signed, which is the 1992 treaty you refer to. Poland and the rest were not part of the EU then so don't play the 'blame the tory' card. At the time most of European countries had similar economies until the poorer Eastern European countries joined and the rest is history, which you will no doubt explain in your own narcissistic way.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                        Now my day to day experience differs from yours.
                        Being retired I am out at all different times of day.
                        Living in rural Wales I don't see lots of immigrants standing around (unless you refer to the English:behindsofa
                        I hear Polish spoken, but our hotels catering for tourists and our abbatoirs are staffed by Poles.
                        And yet I am bombarded by both sides discussing(?) the immigration problem.
                        I don't see a problem the same way you do.

Also I don't understand your comment that we are denied a sense of fairness and justice by being part of EU.
                        Most, IMO, as consumers and employees now have more fairness and justice by being inside the EU.

And note I haven't said 'm in or out!!
                        Now out for the rest of day at my daughter's on WRONG sde of Offa's Dyke!!
                        Des having lived in wales not far from you for 11 years I know that the welsh do not like the English had plenty of experience with that the Poles at that time worked in a West wales abbatoir plenty of problems in that town as I remember now I expect there are more and the problems may have increased.
                        Foreign workers seem to have a different work ethic to UK workers that may be a good reason they get the crap menial low paid jobs .

We all know people of other nationalities and religions they are NOT all bad as with the English fans in France a few mess it up for the majority.

For info im only half welsh I use this user name in memory of my mum

Comment

Wales were very good in the football last night
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                            To sum this thread up Whatever the subject was its now forgotten by me at least it has turned into a slanging match between some posters with a few words telling us how bad things will become if we vote leave including mass loss of jobs and huge rises in cost of food and everything else?
                            One question I have is where is the proof all this doom and gloom will happen apart from a few telling us most of those being Politicians who we all trust to tell the truth and give us the facts, I am so glad I have a sense of humour
                            The problem with the leave side of things is simply there are no facts, there is simply the unknown, the risks and that is what is being focused on. There are risks with everything i accept that, but i keep coming back to the same point, if we leave can we really trust the Tories with upholding the employment laws we have? Our employment rights? Etc. At the moment, if we are treated in a way contrary to EU law we can seek a remedy via the Courts, if we leave the EU then where are we?

I cannot say that there are any EU laws that id change, i find the fact that im protected by the employment laws, that i had the right to paternity pay, that i can go freely through the EU all very helpful.

Just think, if we pull out of the EU then there are no guarantees, no certainties, just the unknown. Id just say be-careful what you wish for, because if you vote leave your wishing for a Boris Johnson pm.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by PAWS View Post
                            Mr Dyson took a shed load of money from the government to set up his business and then b*****ed off!
                            and did you see the other comments attributed to Mr Dyson? All i say is shocking.
                            I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

lol

my opinion on Europe and the important debate points that we need to consider

https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comm...shit_but_your/
                              crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                                Wales were very good in the football last night
                                Wales were simply amazing and what an achievement for the record they broke. As for England, not brilliant. For all the alleged talent that England has, to expect a 1-0 scrape through win against Russia is just not good enough. Russia are fighters they're simply a good team; Slovakia are a good team; Wales have proven to be fighters also which makes them a threat and potentially a very good team. What can we say about England, do they want it badly enough. On a Saturday the premier league is alive and full of energy, on the international stage be it the Euro or World Cup and England do not seem to have the fire in their bellies. England are just grossly over-paid, spoilt football players, and do not have the commitment or desire, the energy even to compete on the international stage. At least a win over Russia would have given them some hope to do well in the Euros. In its absence, England are instead facing an up-hill battle at this interim stage.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X