• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Civil Recovery Fines and Identity Theft? HELP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Civil Recovery Fines and Identity Theft? HELP

Originally posted by des8 View Post
    From your first post I had the impression the police had not been involved.
    You now suggest that you had given a false name to the police.
    What is the actual position?

If the police weren't involved at the start, most unlikely they will be now.
    So Sainsburys have you (and several hundreds of others) on CCTV. So what?
    Why do you think they will discuss their security problems with Primark, next door, especially when it involves such a small recovered amount?

I appreciate you are terrified, but in the grand scheme of things it is very minor offence.

I am more concerned (and I know it is none of my business) that a young (?) person is reduced to stealing food.
    You say your mother is a lawyer, As you are a student it seems a little bizarre that you don't seem to be receiving sufficient support from your family.

Do try and put this behind you, and stop worrying.
    We no longer send convicts to Australia.

Sorry no to clarify the police were not involved. I just used a false ID (my sister's ID) when they took me in for questioning. I am just worried that because my sister called and said it wasnt her after all that they would pursue finding out who it really was and perhaps pursue identity theft?

My mother and I are on bad terms and due to our financial situation (maverick father issues) she is unable to provide any financial support. I have got two jobs already so hopefully will be able to crawl out of this position. I just want this all to go away and am terrified that she will find out- from the letters going home when I am at uni.

I am going to go back to Uni, ignore all the letters and hope that they stop. Do you know if they do stop and with what frequency they keep coming? I just want all this put behind me.

Comment

Re: Civil Recovery Fines and Identity Theft? HELP

Really this is very small beer indeed , and I cannot see any of those involved investing more effort trying to trace you.
      Is your sister likely to tell them it was you? If not where are they going to start looking?

Relax, get on with life, go to uni and get your degree.

Sorry to hear of your family situation, but if your mother does find out you might find she is more supportive than you imagine.
      After all she is a lawyer and will know that the demands for payment are wrong in law and unenforceable.

Also I am not sure you are actually guilty of Identity theft.
      Yes, you used your sisters details and passed them off as your own, but you did not use them to obtain money or goods by means of deception, which I believe is necessary for a finding of theft by fraud.

RLP sometimes pursue their victims for a few months. I don't know about Sainsburys, but they don't know who you are.
      Your sister told them it wasn't she, which they apparently accepted, so who are they going to chase?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X