• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Payment bounced? You’ll soon have a second – Money Saving Expert

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payment bounced? You’ll soon have a second – Money Saving Expert

If you’ve not enough money in your account and a payment bounces, you may be able to avoid the associated fee as more banks are to adopt a ‘retry’ scheme from September where they’ll attempt to process the transaction again later in the day. via Payment bounced? You’ll soon have a second – Money Saving […]

More...

MoneySavingExpert.com asked the major banks what their policies will be. The results are in the table below.
    Early hours Yes, free text alert system 3pm £8/day Two
    Early hours From 10 November 3.30pm No fee Two
    Just after midnight Yes, text alert 3.30pm Up to £10, max 3/day One/day, for a max of 26 days
    Early hours From 10 November 3.30pm No fee Two
    Just after midnight Yes, text alert 3.30pm Up to £10, max 3/day One/day, for a max of 26 days
    Early hours Yes, attempts to call twice 3.30pm No fee Two
    1.30am - 6am No, text alerts set for future 2.30pm Up to £15, max £75/mth Two
    Before 7am Yes, text or email alert 2.30pm £6, max £60 per 30 days Three
    Unable to disclose Yes, online, by phone 4pm £10, max £150/mth Two
    (i) Unpaid item fees vary depending on account
    Tags: None

Re: Payment bounced? You’ll soon have a second – Money Saving Expert

I think Santander banks through Barclays hence it often take them longer to process a cheque which is probably the reason they won't admit the their transaction times

Comment

Nationwide just charged me £15.00 over a charity bounced £4.00 payment and all they say is it is the rules, no phone call etc???

Comment

I thought their system already allowed for money being paid in on the same day to cover items going out as that is what appeared to be happening even when I worked in the bank, ie that you could change the response to the cheque from being unpaid to being paid. They have obviously spent 5 years working out how to automate the process......and they think that this is how to make us love the banks.......
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Had arguments with Natwest, when I get our statement it has the pre advice regarding chatges, ok so far but its the way they do this thats annoying.
          Say, for instace this month it is down as the 29th, which is a Friday, yet to see if it is showing on Friday am.
          Twice now I have been potentially charged as they do not take it out first thing on the due date but overnight that evening.
          But it shows on your statement as going out on the date they say ( if that makes sense)
          Twice had " act now" alerts and been able to pay money across but have twice been charged as the " system" sees that payment as being late.
          I did get the charges reversed but very reluctently.
          I did complain but no real result it was just how the " system" works. :tinysmile_aha_t:
          Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X