• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ebay & Gumtree Vehicle / Car Scam. Barclays provide Fraudsters Accounts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ebay & Gumtree Vehicle / Car Scam. Barclays provide Fraudsters Accounts

Email me a copy of the invoice etc to jrsiddle@hotmail.co.uk please Bell. I suspect the listing will have been taken down by eBay. From what you describe this is 100% a scam, do not send any money.
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

• Re: Ebay & Gumtree Vehicle Scam. Barclays provide Fraudsters Accounts

Originally posted by Tools View Post
      Many thanks to everyone who contributed to the filming of the pieces aired yesterday, very please that you could get your stories across.

I was quite disappointed that they decided not to include the main points I tried to get across to show how these scams could easily be avoided and reduced in number.

They also failed to point out the failings of the listing platforms, the banks and the Authorities, certainly a missed opportunity.
      Also today, a work colleague said to me

"I didn't realise it all started in Norway and that the scammers are from Norway"

I must point out that Norway is a red herring, the scammers are operating from here within the UK and also predominantly from Romania, the Norway etc is just in the story they tell you to explain the sale of the car. Another reason I was disappointed the programme didn't go into more detail.
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

The chap from Norway said the scam was also form Nigeria a place that has been mentioned re other scams.

Comment

That must be the nice chap or lady that keeps on telling me they have lots of money they want to send to me!
          Watched the piece on The One Show, a bit disappointed, hope that one of the more " gritty" programes takes this up and exposes this.
          Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

After mucking the scammers around with prolonged purchase negotiations some of my colleagues have thrown choice Romanian insults at them and they've come back in the same language. Nigerian scammers wouldn't do that and I've spoken to some of them on the phone. Their country of origin isn't in doubt.

There's a group of us who are spoofing car purchases and that's another reason why I post a selection at SW. As well as acting as a warning it provides a selection for fellow fake buyers. It's forcing the scammers to be more cautious, and the more demanding they are the the more likely it is to make genuine buyers suspicious. The bank accounts, fake web pages and current tactics can be reported before they're ever used on victims.

If it's done often enough they will give away scraps of information. Hopefully, banks have seen now that these scammers pose an even greater threat to them than the public in general.

Comment

I can confirm what Boycie says is entirely correct. I too have spoken to them, in Romanian, never learned so many expletives in one language so quick.

Here is the one I had a few choice words with, guy on the left.

Comment

• Re: Barclays and vehicle scam via ebay and gumtree

Following my email to express my disappointment I have had a reply from the BBC team I filmed with for the programme apologising for the lack of constructive content.

It also seems we were credited on the end rollers....I must have blinked.

Comment

I can confirm what Boycie says is entirely correct. I too have spoken to them, in Romanian, never learned so many expletives in one language so quick.

Here is the one I had a few choice words with, guy on the left.
                  Google finds a match to that picture here. That's Raymond Blanc and his family.

Comment

Guys,

I was going to fall victim to the same scam and just did a brief search on google for the "ebay payment protection programme" and came across this forum.

Dude was posing as 'Robert Bray' - an engineer for an oil company Petrofac. He advertised the car in London and said was working on an oilfield in the North Sea. He said the car was in aberdeen and gave details about paying money into ebay account etcetc as people have said above.

Here is the car listing,,,still live on Gumtree!! http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-m...ion/1048146682

and his email is brayrobert6@gmail.com

hope this helps you guys pin these fools down!!.

Comment

Again, I would love to be able to throw Sec.4 at them, but list each point in turn with an example of how they are they could be proven guilty in a court of law.
                      can i ask tools if the breach of section 35 fraud act 2006 sec.4 could stand up in court? or does anybody have any contacts that could look into the possibility of this please?

Comment

Hi Dixie, can you confirm which section you mean and against whom? The listing platform, the bank or the fraudster.Let me know and I will take a look.

Comment

(1)A person is in breach of this section if he—
                          (a)occupies a position in which he is expected to safeguard, or not to act against, the financial interests of another person, = if phishing fake ads appear on gumtree/ebay and are reported to them and NO ACTION IS TAKEN to remove and ban any other ads by that persons e-mail address, for example, i reported the serial fraudster e-mail address sofia333@btinternet.com in august 2013, this fraudster continued flooding gumtree with phishing fraudulant ads, adverts relating to this fraudster go back to apr 2013 so nothing was done to safeguard me from being exposed to the fake ads and acted against the financial interests of another person aka ME.

(c)intends, by means of the abuse of that position—
                          (i)to make a gain for himself or another, or
                          (ii)to cause loss to another or to expose another to a risk of loss.

because gumtree were aware of the RISK TO USERS/CUSTOMERS I have been unnecciserely exposed to that risk and I HAVE suffered loss.

as there are scambaiters with data to prove that fake fraudulant ads were repoted to ebay/gumtree but re-appeared over and over and over(the fraudsters use the fake ads more that once just a different location) again exposing its users/customers = (ii)to cause loss to another or to expose another to a risk of loss. I am not well versed in law but even i can see that there must be a breach here ?

just to add gumtree now own the scammers e-mail address as above!!. this was aquired on 1st december 2013, i wonder why gumtree-custody.com would want to aquire that domain name?? . they have also removed all there old ads relating to the scammers e-mail address, i have posted some of these on this thread previously and have also printed some off but i am sure the AUTHORITIES will find 100's from this particular address and probably tens of thousands from ebay pages saved and logged by them.

please grow a pair cps

as ebay own gumtree ALL ads relating to ebay/gumtree VEHICLE/MOTORHOME fraud should be considered, let the police TRY AND CATCH THE FRAUDSTERS AND HOPEFULLY THE VICTIMS WILL BE ABLE TO TAKE EBAY INC TO COURT TOGETHER COLLECTIVELY?

thanks dixie 2013

Comment

• Re: Ebay & Gumtree Vehicle Scam. Barclays provide Fraudsters Accounts

Thanks Dixie, just about to leave for work but I will go over your points in more detail later.

Comment

Here are some scammers bank accounts I have discovered:

1. Bank Name: Barclays Bank
                              Account number: 60663638
                              Short Code: 20-95-61
                              Beneficiary Name: Georgian ALBAC

Bank Address: 1250 High Road, Whetstone
                              London, N20 0PB
                              United Kingdom

Bank Name: TSB Bank
                              Account number: 19860068
                              Short Code: 30-93-88
                              Beneficiary Name: Vinzenz Kaizer

Bank Address: 34 The Broadway
                              London, N8 9SH
                              United Kingdom

Bank Name: NatWest Bank
                              Account number: 67039545
                              Short Code: 60-22-16
                              Beneficiary Name: Magda Popa

Bank Address: 45 Fulham Broadway
                              London SW6 1AG
                              United Kingdom

Account Holder Name: eBay/Arturi
                              Bank Name: Barclays
                              Sort Code: 20-02-06
                              Account No: 03505995

Beneficiary / Account Name : C Lohanu Limited Ltdd
                              Account Address : 14 Leeland way,london NW10 1SA , United Kingdom
                              Account Number : 00133698
                              Sort Code : 20-29-41
                              Swiftbic : BARCGB22
                              Bank Name : Barclays
                              Bank Address : 129 Brent street,hendon,london,NW4 2DU , United Kingdom

Beneficiary / Account Name : E Cosoava
                              Account Address : 36 Grange Court, Birse Crescent, Willesden, NW10 1SH , United Kingdom
                              Account Number : 13053113
                              Sort Code : 20-91-79
                              Swiftbic : BARCGB22
                              Bank Name : Barclays
                              Bank Address : 6 Church street, Rickmansworth, WD3 1BT , United Kingdom
                              Reference No

Comment

Originally posted by aadil.khan997 View Post
                                Guys,

I was going to fall victim to the same scam and just did a brief search on google for the "ebay payment protection programme" and came across this forum.

Dude was posing as 'Robert Bray' - an engineer for an oil company Petrofac. He advertised the car in London and said was working on an oilfield in the North Sea. He said the car was in aberdeen and gave details about paying money into ebay account etcetc as people have said above.

Here is the car listing,,,still live on Gumtree!! http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-m...ion/1048146682

and his email is brayrobert6@gmail.com

hope this helps you guys pin these fools down!!.
                                For reference

Hi there,
                                You replied to the ad "Mercedes-Benz S Class S320 CDI 4DR AUTO SAT NAV NIGHT VISION (Ad ref 1048146682)" on Wednesday 26/02. It has been flagged/reported that the user who posted that ad may be involved in suspicious activity and/or in breaching the Gumtree Terms of Use. We are investigating this matter, but want you to be safe in the meantime. If you are still in contact with the user, we recommend that you consider the advice below:
                                • If you have not shared any personal information with this user, you don't need to do anything. Your email address is protected by Gumtree and they won't be able to contact you.
                                • If you have sent any personal information to this user, like your bank details or date of birth, you could be at risk. Follow our safety advice.
                                • If you have sent an item or money to this user please contact us on safety@gumtree.com
                                Thanks,
                                The Gumtree Team

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X