• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Northern Rock asks for Bank help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fears over bank's online accounts

durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

have we run out of milk ???
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Northern Rock suitors 'will not get guarantees from Bank'

Northern Rock's future as a viable business hangs in the balance after the Bank of England refused to provide guarantees to potential bidders.

More...

Comment

Bank braced for more withdrawals

The troubled Northern Rock bank extends its opening hours to cope with customers wishing to withdraw savings.

Click here to read more...

Comment

Re: Bank braced for more withdrawals

Well they had one of the cheifs on tv this morning, if he was asked once about the stuation for customers and workers he was asked ten times. His only reply was "The Bank of England would not have lent us the money, if we were'nt a viable business".
          This is not new is it one reply for all questions. Me thinks they are doomed, only my opinion of course.

Comment

doomed doooooooooomed I tell ya
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The Govt has stated that if NR goes belly up they will bail them out and pay everybody their savings etc. Can someone just tell me where this money would come from? Would they just print off a few extra quid, or would it come from us Joe public in the long run?

Comment

It'll come from the Bank of England.

I believe the statement released by the government was

We'll guarantee your money as long as the company [northern rock] are solvent
                If so, that doesn't mean much if they go bust. I'll have to check that statement though

Comment

Well Martin says we are all being silly and NR is the safest place for your money.
                  He got all excited he did lol.
                  Thing is the Govt said they will back NR, but in honesty no one trusts the Govt either lol.

Comment

Sorry I read the thread title and thought it was regarding our night out in Wakey...lol

Comment

Martin is correct, it is as safe as anywhere else.

What he does not tell you however, is that nowhere is truly safe as in fact no bank has much "real" money. But they do have the ability to create it - out of thin air.

"The bank hath benefit of interest on all moneys which it creates out of nothing."
                      William Paterson, founder of the Bank of England in 1694.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X