• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Northern Rock asks for Bank help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northern Rock asks for Bank help

I bet the Bank of England have a properly constituted agreement

Comment

Either that, or 20 odd big blokes with no necks and pick axe handles

Comment

Customers scramble to withdraw savings from stricken bank

Shockwaves were felt throughout the country yesterday as Northern Rock customers queued to withdraw their savings from the stricken bank after news of emergency funding from the Bank of England threatened to cause a crisis of confidence in British banking.

More...

Comment

It was confirmed this morning msl: 1 billion pounds withdrawn yesterday.
          Don't know how manu 0's that is do you?

Comment

ha 1 billion withdrawn and they wouldnt transfer my buyers mortgage funds...grrrrr
            When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

hmmm papers macho ?

Martin Lewis yesterday was saying £34k of savings is protected anyway if the bank did go under - but I'd have a guess it could take a very long time to get it and I'd check those facts VERY carefully if my millions were sitting in the bank - and yes still probably go get it all out. Wonder if 34k debt would be wiped too lol. Bit Daft all this really....but you protect yourself above all else don't u. Their mortgages and whatnot will be taken over by a.n.other bank.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

People on the tv this morning are adamant that they want their money out of here.
                So I think no matter what is done or said to people by Northern Rock, the average person in the street will not fall for it. As one chap said there is too many people losing money through pension schemes and the endowment mortgage problems, you just have to look after yourselves now and do what you think is right for you.

Comment

Yep I would be down there like a shot if I ever had a bean.

are there lots of pensioners with big brown envelopes stuffed with cash wandering the streets now ?
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                    are there lots of pensioners with big brown envelopes stuffed with cash wandering the streets now ?
                    I'm off to do a bit of help the aged this morning... I'm off to help them by alleviating them of their heavy burdens msl:msl:

Comment

Hmm last time there was a 'run on the bank' was in Mary Poppins wasn't it?

Maybe Red Bull will be sponsoring 'Extreme Kite Flying' next week!!!!

T

Comment

It is making people into targets though isnt it? I mean you see all these people in the queues, the local scrotes say 'oh look there's the old bat from no 20, she's always telling me to go away from the wall in her garden, she's been to the bank and drawn her life savings out....I'm having some of that'

Are these people getting counter cheques or being paid in cash?

And what about the notice period needed for some of these accounts? How are they gettign round that one?

Comment

The notice periods will still stand, nothing has changed for NR, it's business as usual (although a billon quid poorer )

Comment

Was tickled to read this one....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

Comment

Economic View: There'll be no meltdown. NORTHERN ROCK

The classic signal that a financial crisis is maturing is when a large financial institution has to be bailed out by the authorities. Fortunately this does not happen very often. Here in the UK we have not had such a situation since the fringe bank crisis of the 1970s, when lots of smaller banks had to be rescued by the Bank of England's so-called "lifeboat".

More...

Comment

Fears over bank's online accounts

Northern Rock customers complain of difficulty in accessing their money in online accounts.

Click here to read more...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X