• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

No will

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Avi777 View Post
    Yes good question Hagalout.

House is divided up as Tennants in common.
    In that case you can obtain a valuation for the property and, unless there is a note on the proprietorship register, assume your father owned 50%.
    Assuming there are no other claimants that share becomes you and your brothers property, and you can of course allow your father's partner to continue to reside there rent free although she remains liable for all running costs such as insurance council tax etc etc.

This will give you the figure necessary to start to complete HMRC forms and then obtain the grant which should then give you access to any accounts .

Comment

Thank you, Des8 and Avi777, I found myself in exactly the situation I describe as told before in my previous posts. My mother carried on regardless as mentioned but when she died her partners grandson put a caveat on my probate application in My position as my mother's executor, he insisted it was down to me to sort things out yet I had no authority over his grandfather's will. It still goes on almost 4 years later with me thousands of pounds out of pocket

Comment

I’ve checked and they were joint tennants.

Comment

Well in that case I really think your best option is to attempt a dialogue with his partner

Comment

Thanks for your advice. Not sure how much help she would be. I don’t think she’s been very forthcoming so far.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X