• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hospital Will challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would agree with your solicitor as it is for the challengers to prove their case, so sit tight.

However, no matter how strong your case, it can be cheaper to enter into a compromise rather than contentious litigation.
    Unfortunately some act in this manner (threatening litigation when their case is poor) hoping to frighten the other side into compromise so that they do receive some sort of legacy rather than nothing

Comment

what a disgrace so many charities argue with grieving families over a stade income for which is disproportionate to reality., if they had no intention of greed then should state - "look we know the will can be contested BUT then loss of funds ensues" to save as to court action then as we are on the will the family must not be out of pocket a percentage say 25% to us and distribution amongst the REAL family" . stop chairman's having 2 million make overs on there properties> think straight about it as

Comment

Update after nearly 2 years i have finally settled with the solicitors who bought a challenge to my late uncle Will . My solicitor always said if it ever went to court it be 50 50 which way it would be judged . If the judgment went against me i would stand to loose huge amount in costs that i simply could not cover. The nurses who witnessed the Will would not offer any opinion of what they saw. The challenging solicitors used Knoweldge and Approval has their main challenge to the Will saying my uncle could not of had full Knowledge and Approval of his new Will . Because of the lack of any third party evidence in my favour the challenging solicitors had a very strong case should it ever have been taken to court . We agreed a settlement with them to drop their case which was heavily in their favour . For anyone considering a DIY Will think long and hard if the estate is substantial. The end to 2 years of stress feels better than any amount of money time to get on with the rest of my life.

Comment

Thank you for the update, and you must be relieved the matter was not decided in court.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X