• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cannot book GP appointment or organise MRI results thanks to 3 mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot book GP appointment or organise MRI results thanks to 3 mobile

I have been a customer with 3 mobile for about 6 years,and never missed any payments...then recently as I could no longer use the bank account I had due to being unable to pay the overdraft, my Direct Debit was canceled to them.
    Recovering from an operation on my spine and still awaiting further tests and possible op`s...I forgot to inform them of the canceled DD.Then Saturday night I get a text from them saying pay in the next 24 hours or we will cut you off...The next day I was very ill and decided to deal with it on Monday...I rang them and explained that I am disabled and recovering from a major operation and am alone with only this phone to organise doctor appointments,mri`s ect and that I have there £33 that I owe (amount usually £16 a month,extra due to ringing people about debt and the DWP) them and want to pay but my new bank card has not arrived and should be today.So I said I will pay tommorow please re-conect my phone, they said okay it will be back on in 2 hours.
    It never happened.I rang tuesday with my new bank details and they said this account cannot be used for payments over the phone...I said in that case I will set up the DD for future payments as the account i was told can do that...and go to the bank and forward amount to your 3 account...No we cannot take a DD until debt is cleared.I will put you through to collections department...Then this aggresive guy just shouts "you must pay in full now otherwise we will send debt collectors" I said who the hell do you think your talking to...I said I only owe a few quid and your tone is out of order...he said "you owe 3 months worth and you must pay now"...I said you have the wrong person as I only owe 1 month , "is your number ending 3246" I laughed and said No...You got the wrong account.He did not apolagise and just went on to say "you owe £33 " I demanded an apolagy for his behaviour which didnt happen,I said well reconnect me as I need to book GP appointment ect...OK you will be connected in 2 hours,and you cannot go to bank that way,find the bill and take Giro slip to post office.
    Was never connected.And my bill had no Giro slip at bottom of the page,even though at top of page its an option of how to pay.
    I rang them again saying connect me for the sake of my health...And send me a giro slip...Can take 5 days for giro slip to arrive...I said I need my phone as disabled ect and cannot wait 5 days ,then 5 days for payment to process to be connected...Okay we will connect you in 2 hours,sorry."

Guess what...it never happened...They are cold hearted evil B.......`s IMO...Who can help me with this, is there someone like the FOS that can step in ...Remember 6 years of paying on time...and i was sold the new phone and 18month contract whilst just out of hospital with only an income of £71 a week,I informed them I rang them to cancel the contract as period was up...I was surprised they didnt ask my income details or if i even work, they just offered me something i was desperate for and was talked into buying....but maybe thats another story?

Re: Cannot book GP appointment or organise MRI results thanks to 3 mobile

and...Someone who came to my house yesterday said when they rang me they could not get though,and some texts had not arrived...but when tried to ring me there and then it worked.but still i fear missing important calls from my neuro surgeon.

Comment

Hi
      Firstly I would strongly suggest you speak with a manager, if they try to block it tell them you need a name to quote to the Information Commisioners Office as you have a clear case of a breach of DPA, if the numpty in the collections dept told you that you owed 3 months billing without checking the number he is breaching Data Protection.

Also request the note numbers for each time you have been promised the bars removal, and the incorrect information and say you wish to start the complaints proceedure, ask for the call to Collections to be listened to, and ask for as timescale as to when this will be completed as there is one, and ask for it to be noted that if you do not hear back you will be calling for a resolution AND COMPENSATION.

Ask to have the vunerable customers policy explained to you (yes they will have one) and ask for the complaint to be escalated as you still have no phone despite your attempts to pay and ask for help.

I know I keep going on about the DPA breach, but make a deal of it, remind them that they have breached it, and that the penalty for a DPA breach is an unlimited fine to whoever breaches it, and that you would like someone senior to look in to the AND CALL YOU BACK!! emphasise this, give a clear timescale.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Puffrose View Post
        Hi
        Firstly I would strongly suggest you speak with a manager, if they try to block it tell them you need a name to quote to the Information Commisioners Office as you have a clear case of a breach of DPA, if the numpty in the collections dept told you that you owed 3 months billing without checking the number he is breaching Data Protection.

Also request the note numbers for each time you have been promised the bars removal, and the incorrect information and say you wish to start the complaints proceedure, ask for the call to Collections to be listened to, and ask for as timescale as to when this will be completed as there is one, and ask for it to be noted that if you do not hear back you will be calling for a resolution AND COMPENSATION.

Ask to have the vunerable customers policy explained to you (yes they will have one) and ask for the complaint to be escalated as you still have no phone despite your attempts to pay and ask for help.

I know I keep going on about the DPA breach, but make a deal of it, remind them that they have breached it, and that the penalty for a DPA breach is an unlimited fine to whoever breaches it, and that you would like someone senior to look in to the AND CALL YOU BACK!! emphasise this, give a clear timescale.
        Thank you for your advise Hurricane Puffrose...I admire your knowledge and appreciate your help...I have made notes and will give them all you write.
        I did eventualy get connected Saturday evening, after emailing a friend to come over and use there debit card to make the payment on Friday evening...All day saturday I still had no calls out ,and just gave up as its the weekend anyway and most medical esstablishments are closed...until the evening when I decided enough is enough and rang them again...I was told its a computer system error and i will be connected in 2 minutes, as I have paid yesterday...We are so sorry...I said then that I am disgusted at the way 3 treat disabled people and even lie,I want to make a complaint,and am seeking legal advise...The women then tryed to deal with it there and then and I said I dont have the time right now send me a form...She said someone will ring me within 72 hours.I was re-connected within minutes.I also told them that I had suffered without my medication as a direct result of there lies to connect me on numerous occasions...If they would have been honest then i would have got £5 credit for a pay as you go phone i have which i bought weeks before they talked me into staying with them...but expecting them to keep to there word and connect me i did not and was left unable to organise my prescription.
        I cant believe Im pulling a DPA card on them, but if that is a thing to hit them with then so be it...Thanks again hurricane.

Comment

Sorry to hear you had so many problems hope the phone is sorted and you can get to the Doctors.
          I would also say that when you phone any call centre up few are that helpful when the screen in front of them says you have not paid.
          The operative does not know that you or whoever they are talking to is Disabled how could they?

Comment

"The operative does not know that you or whoever they are talking to is Disabled how could they?"

Well, if when I renewed the contract they asked if I was working or not (can I afford it) they would have learnt then of my condition and disabled status.
            Also with me being such a good customer for so many years with no missed payments, they should except my word when I inform them of my disability...they should not need evidence if you have no bad track record.I dont believe they acted at all resonably.

Comment

The person on the end of the Phone would have very little of your History in front of them,when you talk to anyone on the phone you could tell them anything many do and tell porkies to try and gain and advantage they are not Doctors diagnosing your condition .
              Spare a thought for those trying to do a job for low pay where they are monitored all the time.
              I know life has changed for you but it happens to thousands each week we all have to adjust to a change and must realise that others may not know the circumstances for our problems.
              My wife is Disabled and from the reaction of some when she is out is not discrimination its IGNORANCE

Comment

you are very welcome, this is my proffession and I am disgusted to read such bad service.

dont think of it as "pulling the DPA card" think of it as highlighting a very serious security breach.

Comment

I have just accepted 50% off my now bill as compensation...I did`nt want to as the manager I spoke to agreed with all my wrote wrongs...But where can I go with it? I just thought grab the cash (£13 ) and run...I know,im a chicken but I was quoting stuff about DPA that I didnt know a thing about,so just took the offer when I had reach my limit of sounding clever...after asking to be compensated...they never offered first.
                  Thanks again Hurricane Puffrose, could`nt have done it with out you, and hopefully that call centre will adjust its ways so people dont get treated as bad in the future.

Comment

overjoyed for you hun!
                    Please dont think you are a chicken, as I certainly don't! I think you did what you judged to be the best resolution for you, and yes you are right, you have done a FANSTASTIC job and faced the bullies, and held your head high

Very proud of you!

and you are more than welcome, glad I could help you get the result you wanted.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X