• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Vodafone charging me £1300 after phone was stolen!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Vodafone charging me £1300 after phone was stolen!!

Hi SB,

Thanks for returning to the thread following our conversation yesterday.

I'll call you again later today to discuss things further.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK
    I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

Hi All,
      just to keep this updated, Lee called and asked for details of the carphone warehouse store (their number online is generic and not store specific) which I have, along with the time called (from their screen on my account) and will send it all to him later. I hope this will allow him to find the call and go from there.

Comment

Have you managed to get the debt collection agency to back off while Vodafone investigate all this for you? :typing:

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
          Have you managed to get the debt collection agency to back off while Vodafone investigate all this for you? :typing:
          Yes, Lee said he would put that on hold for 14 days whilst they investigate :-)

Comment

Hi Lee,
            I have sent you the details you asked for in regards to the carphone warehouse store. The reference from the automated reply is WRT135 - FAO Lee [#11601121]

Thanks

Comment

Sonny forgive me for seeming to back out of this thread, but Lee is the expert on Vodaphone and I bow to his superior knowledge, thank you again for coming in on this one Lee.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Puffrose View Post
                Sonny forgive me for seeming to back out of this thread, but Lee is the expert on Vodaphone and I bow to his superior knowledge, thank you again for coming in on this one Lee.
                Hi Puff,
                Your participation (past and present) has been wonderful and is greatly appreciated. I felt quite lost before finding this forum and the members here have really helped. Lee is doing all he can and I can't ask any more than this. I hope that he can access the call made on the 15th which may verify the missing call on the 13th. With that done, I hope for a good resolution to my problem
                SB

Comment

Lee will sort things out for you if he can. My offer to him still stands Lol

Comment

I received the phone bill today for that month, and it was quite distressing to see. At a rough estimate, there was 300+ calls made. The majority (95%) were to Romania, but there was a few to Germany and Italy (small amount) and 2 to Spain. There were also some Uk numbers. The police have contacted me in regards to the report I made and I am waiting for them to call again. I will send them a copy of the bill. I would guess that they may take it more seriously than a random stolen phone in Hackney as next door was burgled shortly after and there is a good chance the two thefts were linked. The bill showed all the numbers so I hope they will trace them with potential results - if not the Romanian then the Uk numbers.

Comment

On the 15th March, I was in carphone warehouse with the assistant for around 45 mins (this is 50 miles outside London). He logged the PAC code given to him from Vodafone (with me standing next to him) at 10.52 and this is on their records. So, the vodafone call was before this and he/I were/was on the phone to them for a good 20 minutes.
                      Looking at my phone bill, there was a call to Romania at 10.47 for 9 minutes 27 seconds and another at 10.59 for 2 minutes 19 seconds (and more at 11.06, 11.18 etc etc). I was with the assistant during this time. When he logged the PAC number on his records at 10.52, we had just finished with vodafone so I was in there longer whilst I chose and bought a temp phone. I have 2 payments to the store on that date but my bank statements dont show the time. I keep all receipts so the time will certainly be on there and it is will be past 11am by the time I was done and left.

Comment

Hi SB,

It's just a quick post to let you know that I've received your email and will get back to you as soon as I can.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK
                        I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Vodafone Company Rep View Post
                          Hi SB,

It's just a quick post to let you know that I've received your email and will get back to you as soon as I can.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK
                          Great, thank you!

Comment

Just an update.
                            Lee is looking into the call I made on the 15th from carphone warehouse. I have given him the time and numbers and he will check the call to see whether the stolen phone was mentioned. I think there is a very strong chance it was.
                            I have been interviewed by the police now, and have given them the phone bill with all the numbers. Because the door was closed, they may treat it like a burglary and if so, they will hopefully check the street cameras. They will be in touch soon to let me know what will happens next.

Comment

Thanks for the update sonny..Puff'll be pleased to see it

Comment

Glad to hear that things are moving forwards hun <3

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X