• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

o2 Wont give me my money back...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• o2 Wont give me my money back...

Bit of a strange one as always just after advice, not sure if your right person or this is right place but this is the story so far...

o2 (Mobile Contract) took £506 from my account after thinking i was defaulting on my contract, sent a letter and within a few days just took the cash, i found this out a few days later, Phoned them and they agreed it shouldn't have been done and agreed to refund me the diff5-10 days im sure they said.

Menwhile my car loan company are chasing me as I was meant to make a payment to them same day o2 took all that cash, I told them lost my card can you be patient,....yestarday they phoned me asking for payment (although remaining quite reasonable) had to tell me they would have to default if its not sorted etc...

After that conversation I thought ill chase up my claim from o2, after holding for 20mins and not any help at all the Woman answerd look, *sighed* and went to get a manager, It turns out the guy that i spoke to too sort this credit back didnt actually action anything so the manager explained and then procceded to tell me he has to action it now which will take 5-7 days....to which i replied, I need it tomorrow as car company chasing, 40 mins later we are still discussing the fact its their error, i will default and i need the money back tomorrow (next day) as it should have been back near on 2 weeks ago...Crazy!

What I want to know is what can i do about o2 as that is a massive error and will learn today if they will default my account its not my error and o2 wouldn't help me.
    Could they have donhe more?
    Another little bit of advice they gave me was, phone the bank they can grab it back same da or somthing bbut bearing in mind they took the money on the 15th Jan (they are a brill company...)

Thanks Sorry about the rant but i dont know what else to do about it now!
    If spelling is bad or it makes no sense let me know ill check it over
    ~Never has PPI refunds been owed to so many...by so few~

Re: o2 Wont give me my money back...

hi

you could try the bank under the direct debit guarentee as its admited it was taken in error. being a bank they may or may not do it.

Borgbaiter

Comment

Is this asking for them to pull it back, they guy told me to do that last night, I have to:

A) hope they will do it over the phone then, although im not set up for that,
      B) hope they will do it even though it has been 2weeks or so...

Comment

hi

this link (below) gives details of the dd guarantee. it would be worth quoting it to o2 first and if no joy there go to the bank and quote it to them.

it seems clear you are entitled to it back as you wernt given 10 days notice and o2 agreed they shouldnt have taken it. id assume imediately to mean just that not 7 to 10 days.

http://www.bacs.co.uk/Bacs/Consumers...Guarantee.aspx

Borgbaiter

Comment

I said that said id look at my rights, and DD guarentee should sort it out, and all he could say was no, we have to action it which will take a few days, then we have to wait for it to show back on your statement then we can pay you back,
          I asked if the call was being recorded and he said yes, I then went on to ask him to admit liability which to start with refused until i explained that sombody has to accept it and Im not in the wrong so made him say they are on the call, But still said theres nothing they can do o2 never refund like that etc.
          A load of rubbish spuled of a sheet of paper i think because as soon as i starting bringin out bigger words he didnt know what to say, and this was the manager in charge of the whole floor ...
          Think i should push for compo
          Also can anybody help with a letter of complaint or point me in the direction of templates

You guys are brill!!

Comment

Stop wasting time with O2, since you don't have it and have your bank credit the sum taken under the Direct Debit Guarantee. That is what it is there for.

Once you have the money back and have made the car payment, you may pursue O2 if you wish.

One more thing you must do is stop calling them. No matter what the person on the telephone tells you, whether he is the manager of the whole floor or not, he has no authority, which is why his job is to talk on the telephone. If you want something to happen, you must write to them.

Comment

Just phoned o2 again just to see if it was processed and eventually getting through to sombody went to check for me...hung up strange..

Anyway I have phone the bank today to get it back through them, and they said they will phone me friday to let me know...

I will write strong letter to them, this isn't the first time its happend to me with them, but ive not needed my money back so quickly.
              If you claim back through the guarentee how long does that take??

Comment

The terms of the Direct Debit Guarantee are unequivocal. Point three states; "If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by the organisation or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society."

The bank must refund you and that refund must be immediate.

Comment

Thanks Cetelco,
                  Why did the woman say that she will call me friday and see if its ok, she couldn't say when it would go back in...
                  Would you suggest that I call back and quote some things, I wouldn't normally by the way hehe im not like that Im just desperate before i default on bills :Z

Comment

You should demand a full and immediate refund of the sum taken in error. That is what the Direct Debit Guarantee states. Immediate means now, not Friday, but at once, without delay, instantly, on the spot, at that moment - in short, right there on the telephone.

Do not take no for an answer and suggest that unless a full and immediate refund is made, you will make a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service regarding their flagrant disregard for the Direct Debit Guarantee.

Financial Ombudsman Service

Comment

Did you mean now Cet?
                      Luminol x

Comment

So what your telling me is wait until friday to check up on it right........

I will. Sombody had advised me yest that I should do that and it would be immediate, might of been "Ame" anyway so i though it strange for them to say they will call me friday??
                        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                        I learn so much from you guys, with out

"Do not take no for an answer and suggest that unless a full and immediate refund is made, you will make a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service regarding their flagrant disregard for the Direct Debit Guarantee."

I actually would of just accepted that, that was the best they could do for me
                        Last edited by PocketTheDifference; 3rd February 2010, 15:00:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Just to update you all Thankls for your help, I just spoke to the bank quoted what you said about guarentee and 2 mins later their back with, once the system updates over night you will have this money back

I have written a letter of complaint though 2 pages worth and am sending that to o2 complaints office in Leeds.

Thanks guys.

Comment

Thanks for the update and well done.
                            Enaid x

Comment

Hi guys hope all are ok,
                              Also hoping you lot are still reading this thread,
                              As some of you know, have just read I had major probz with o2
                              The result was i took the cash back via DD Guarentee,

The problem as i lays now is this.

Few days ago after resuming normal service they took this months payment, Strange as this whole thing kicked of becuase they could take DD due to detials and nothing has changed but they can now take??? Anyway they took my monthly payment of course, I was happy they where happy,
                              Few days later, they cut off my service and tried to take the whole lot again!! Same amount as last time they havn’t even deducted this months bill.
                              The default amount is about £406 which bounced, which also leaves me with fees, The fee for the bounce, then the fee for the over the overdraft amount as when they charge me that will probably happen.

So how they have been able to take these two DD’s are increadable to me as it all kicked of becuase of this.

Not only this but they and myself have been in cotact with people that obviously read of a sheet of paper. I never canx my contract and they said it would be fine to resume full service so I have no Idea why this is happening.

I have written letter after letter I have sent out 9 letter this past 2-3 weeks 3 copies to 3 diff places...no Excuse....you would think, all seem to have been ignored!

I feel stuck and don’t knw where to turn to, im not scared of the money side of things like if i was to default becuase i would just take them to court.
                              But i want to avoid for obv reasons I just want a normal service where they take the appropriate amount each month no hassle!

I’ve got the money for it i trnafer out of that acc each payday becuase of these things.

PLEASE HELP!! AND SHARE EXPERIANCES J

Martin.

P.S
                              Problems ive had with them in the past
                              A) Taking too much
                              B) Not Taking...Strange one i know!
                              C) Defaulting with no notice and no knowladge, no letter call or warning just Default oh and we took the whole lot without asking xx
                              D) Caused me numerous bank charges, what i love is when they say you’ll have to proove it, Im like “have to proove it....its BOUNCED its obv im getting charged i didnt have the funds to pay you idiots” J
                              E) Promising to refund me £500 which they took probably illegally after defualting my account for no reason, saying they will refund just to find out a month later that they havn’t ACTIONED anything!!!
                              F) By taking so much money wrongly cause me to miss bills, causing further charges and nearly default on a few!!

Thats all i can think of but as you can guess they take the ****, A WILD stab myself would say if i take them to court for all of this they would owe me a little bit of money and compensation as they have cause me so much worry and anxiety!!.

Cheers guys.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X