• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell bought E.on debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

If your Smart Meter isn't working, your billing from E.on will be wrong, the info E.on passed to Shell will be wrong. It will never reflect what you use.

Read post 6, send E.on the template, send Shell a SAR request. Tell Lowell's to put a hold on the account for 45 days, that you are seeking advice on the matter

I received bundle from E.on today it contained all information, several months and final bills is ESTIMATED despite I have smart meter. I've different supplier now. I don't know e.on can get actual reading. Guys, please any help at this stage?

Comment

Originally posted by Ndurennai View Post

I received bundle from E.on today it contained all information, several months and final bills is ESTIMATED despite I have smart meter. I've different supplier now. I don't know e.on can get actual reading. Guys, please any help at this stage?
      https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/smar...my-smart-meter

Comment

echat11 challenge now is if I can possibly get e.on to provide actual bill and recalculate final bill?

Comment

echat11 challenge now is if I can possibly get e.on to provide actual bill and recalculate final bill?
          Get a spreadsheet, add the data from the bill's they've provided, you have actual readings, work out what it should be. Give E.on the actual readings, see what they send, remember you've already worked out what it should be. Then you can plan your next steps from there. Complaint to E.on, Services Ombudsman etc.

Comment

Good morning

Due to inability of Lowell to provide actual bill from eon as against estimated bill they're pursuing me for. I made offer of £200 as final payment to close this case. Lowell accepted my offer over the phone but didn't want to acknowledge in writing, they tried to trick me to pay amount I offered but intended to note it down as installment.

However, to my surprise I received this letter from Lowell yesterday (attached):

Please advise me re attached? Your help will be much appreciated.
            Attached Files

Comment

Good morning

Due to inability of Lowell to provide actual bill from eon as against estimated bill they're pursuing me for. I made offer of £200 as final payment to close this case. Lowell accepted my offer over the phone but didn't want to acknowledge in writing, they tried to trick me to pay amount I offered but intended to note it down as installment.

However, to my surprise I received this letter from Lowell yesterday (attached):

Please advise me re attached? Your help will be much appreciated.
              I'm not sure what amount they were chasing, but if your comfortable with settling it, then it's good result
              You can add notes to your credit file saying you disputed the amount and they could provide the information you requested.

I looks fine to me. But follow it through, that the debt is settled on your credit file etc.

Comment

echat11

Thanks, they're chasing £617

As at Mar 23, no record on credit file

I'm struggling but I'm sick of calls, letters and emails re this old debt

Comment

echat11

Thanks, they're chasing £617

As at Mar 23, no record on credit file

I'm struggling but I'm sick of calls, letters and emails re this old debt
                  It get's it out of the way, really up to you.

Comment

Do Lowells actually ever take anyone to court? I have been ignoring their letters for years. Letters from a debt collection company means that the creditor has given up on it, which rules out them taking me to court. If Lowells DID make a claim, they are unlikely to have all of the information they need for evidence because it would have to include all bills, all payments, and any letters disputing the debt/s. Which they don't have, apparently. I'm not giving advice - just providing an account of my dealings and attitude towards Lowells and their ilk.

Comment

Lowells in court regular depends on case., many times they discontinue last minute before loosing deposit, more game of who backs down first., But they do make lot of money in court cases = do not get over confident as things can backfire.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                        do not get over confident as things can backfire.
                        Absolutely. But if you have an understanding of the processes involved you will be aware of what to expect and prepare accordingly. So first off you'd know the'yd have to come to a court near you if you insisted, so you can make them do that. Then court procedure needs to be followed properly - maybe they'll mess it up. If you get a judgement against you, you could probably get the judge to order you to pay in small installments. Yes, there will be costs added, but if you see the debt as being like a loan, and the costs being like interest, it shouldn't sting too much.

But how about just not paying the judgement amount? It's an option. How bad, in reality, could this turn out to be? Possibly not bad at all. Yes, there are numerous ways that a creditor can enforce collection. They could, for example, get a lien on your bank account, which is scary. They could get a lien on your house, which is scarier still. The house I'm living in right now has two liens on it, but it's still a house. I have never known anyone that's had a lien on their bank account. And I have never heard of a creditor forcing the sale of a domestic property.

What I have heard of is bailiffs. But who cares about them? They are powerless unless you let them in the house.

Such a blasé approach isn't for everyone, but if you don't have a job, or own your own property, and don't care about a judgement against you, you may not be too fussed.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X