• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell bought E.on debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell bought E.on debt

Got a letter from Lowell saying they bought E.on debt I owe in my previous address, I asked for bills they said they don't have it. Please any help on this matter would be much appreciated
    Tags: None

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

Responding to your query

I understand from your email you are wanting to get all the bills showing readings and amount, unfortunately we are unable to provide this information.

We are able to provide you with the final bill which I have attached to the email for you. If you are wanting all the information regarding other bills you would need to contact E.on direct and do a data subject access request with them.

Unfortunately this isn’t something we can do for you and its something you have to do yourself. Please let me know if you are doing this so I can add the relevant hold on the account.

I appreciate you had a direct debit in place but if the bills was based on estimate readings you might not of been covering what you was actually using.

I have attached the final bill and the statement of the account to the email for you.

Can you please confirm how you wish to proceed going forward?

Next Steps
    • I’ve put your account on hold for 30 days to allow time for you to get back to us. If we don’t hear from you in that time, contact will resume.

THIS IS REPLY FROM LOWELL

Comment

LOWELL sent estimated final bill, I asked for actual bills with meter readings and break down statement of all money collected via direct debit.

Comment

a) You need to provide the whole story in summary form.

b) Send E.ON a SAR request, they have 30 days to provide all the data on the account, bills, meter readings etc. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

c) Depending on the dates of the debt, you could send Lowell's a letter asking them to put a hold on the account, tell them you are seeking advice and information on the matter. They should put a hold on the matter.

Comment

[QUOTE=echat11;n1614975]a) You need to provide the whole story in summary form.
          b) Send E.ON a SAR request, they have 30 days to provide all the data on the account, bills, meter readings etc. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.
          c) Depending on the dates of the debt, you could send Lowell's a letter asking them to put a hold on the account,

a) On 2018 e.on was my provider for fixed tariff for about 9 months, when I switched provider e.on issued final bill of £565 saying bills were under estimated.

b) Sent SAR to e.on, everything provided except bills, I wrote back to e.on and they provided FINAL BILL based on estimate and some links to check bills but I couldn't log in. I don't think online account created then is still active.

E.on seem not to have actual meter readings, may be all bills was based on estimate. But, I expect Lowell to have all documents since they bought the debt from E.ON?

If actual readings could not be provided, what would be my best approach?

Comment

They have to provide bills, they can't simply say, 'we won't provide them'. You've accepted what they have said, when you should keep chasing them for the bills. If they don't provide the bills, you lodge a complaint to the ICO.

a) Send E.on the following template, list what's missing i.e. bills etc:-

https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters...h-the-outcome/

b) Email a Formal Complaint to the CEO of E.on, explain what's happened, why it's wrong and what you want done about it.

Michael Lewis
            Chief Executive
            michael.lewis@eon-uk.com

c) Do you have a 'smart meter'? Did you provide actual readings at any stage? Why couldn't actual readings be provided?

'If actual readings could not be provided, what would be my best approach?'

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
              They have to provide bills, they can't simply say, 'we won't provide them'. You've accepted what they have said, when you should keep chasing them for the bills. If they don't provide the bills, you lodge a complaint to the ICO.

b) Email a Formal Complaint to the CEO of E.on, explain what's happened, why it's wrong and what you want done about it.

Michael Lewis
              Chief Executive
              michael.lewis@eon-uk.com

c) Do you have a 'smart meter'? Did you provide actual readings at any stage? Why couldn't actual readings be provided?

Thanks ECHAT11

But am I the one to chase for this bills, shouldn't Lowell be the one chase for it?

They said they bought a debt but don't have actual bills and readings to prove what they alleged I am owing?

Comment

Originally posted by Ndurennai View Post

Thanks ECHAT11

But am I the one to chase for this bills, shouldn't Lowell be the one chase for it?

They said they bought a debt but don't have actual bills and readings to prove what they alleged I am owing?

As you realize Lowells isn't capable of too much. If you keep asking and they can't provide it, this could spiral out of control, i.e. litigation etc.

(You can get this information from E.on) you can keep seeking this information from Lowells, they should ask E.on for it.

Comment

As you realize Lowells isn't capable of too much. If you keep asking and they can't provide it, this could spiral out of control, i.e. litigation etc.

(You can get this information from E.on) you can keep seeking this information from Lowells, they should ask E.on for it.

I've done my bit by SAR to E.on but it appears they don't have actual meter readings only ESTIMATED. I think Lowell should chased e.on for it and prove the debt. The text message I saw earlier today shows the money Lowell is asking is a lot higher than what e.on was demanding before they let me join Shell ENERGY. I am surprise burden of proof is on me instead if Lowell who are claiming I owed them.

Comment

Michael Lewis
                    Chief Executive
                    michael.lewis@eon-uk.com

Yes I had smart meter before I joined E.on. E.on was supposed to get actual readings from it, and I wasn't aware of any reasons why they couldn't. I was not getting any paper or postal bills, I had direct debit in place and I didn't really create account or log in online on e.on website to check bills then.

Comment

Depending on when this took place, the Back Billing rules may apply if it was E.on's fault that readings weren't taken, although they had Smart Meter Technology. The only way you can find out what's happened is by getting information on your account.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/check-energ...-billing-rules

Comment

Depending on when this took place, the Back Billing rules may apply if it was E.on's fault that readings weren't taken, although they had Smart Meter Technology. The only way you can find out what's happened is by getting information on your account.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/check-energ...-billing-rules
                        Thanks

Comment

I've just read letter from e.on informing me that account is sold to Lowell Portfolio I Ltd (LPI).

Last paragraph reads:

As part of the sale of your account, we have shared some of the information we hold about with LPI so that they can manage your account. Both E.on Energy Solutions Ltd and LPI hold information about you as independent controllers. This means that we are each responsible for looking after the information that we hold about you and complying with the data protection laws.

Comment

echat11 please what do you advise? I've listened to audio recorded telephone conversation I had with E.on when I first disputed the bill months after switching to Shell Energy, certainly aside opening reading most of the bills were estimated including the final bills. In said audio Shell said after couple of months they couldn't get readings from my smart meter hence estimated.

E.on didn't tell me they're having problem in getting actual readings from Smart Meter, if I knew I could have given e.on manual readings. This is now complicated because my current, SHELL carried on with Estimated billing when they took over.

Comment

Originally posted by Ndurennai View Post
                              echat11 please what do you advise? I've listened to audio recorded telephone conversation I had with E.on when I first disputed the bill months after switching to Shell Energy, certainly aside opening reading most of the bills were estimated including the final bills. In said audio Shell said after couple of months they couldn't get readings from my smart meter hence estimated.

E.on didn't tell me they're having problem in getting actual readings from Smart Meter, if I knew I could have given e.on manual readings. This is now complicated because my current, SHELL carried on with Estimated billing when they took over.
                              If your Smart Meter isn't working, your billing from E.on will be wrong, the info E.on passed to Shell will be wrong. It will never reflect what you use.

Read post 6, send E.on the template, send Shell a SAR request. Tell Lowell's to put a hold on the account for 45 days, that you are seeking advice on the matter

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X