• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSION

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSI

If he doesn't pay the costs due shall we schedule a meeting and have a show of hands how to play it. Think there would be more than a 4-1 show of hands more like forty to zero, we could charge him £50 and get a coach down for a personal visit. Taste of his own medicine is what he needs.

Comment

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSI

British Passport Services don't appear to have quite found the time to update their County Court Judgments Archive to include their recent defeats http://www.britishpassportservices.c...udgements.html

So I thought I'd take the trouble to do it for them.
      Attached Files

Comment

Let's hope that list gets much, much longer
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Mandid View Post
          If he doesn't pay the costs due shall we schedule a meeting and have a show of hands how to play it. Think there would be more than a 4-1 show of hands more like forty to zero, we could charge him £50 and get a coach down for a personal visit. Taste of his own medicine is what he needs.
          You would be best to text him a scale of charges including the mandatory £10 for swearing... :tongue2:

Comment

Don't worry guys as soon as the 14 days are up and if he hasn't paid me my costs he's gonna get a little taste of his own medicine.....it's war as far as I'm concerned until he's out of business. ..I may even order a few bouncy castles to celebrate xxx

Comment

lol, def get one of these....

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

That's put me off me bloody ham sarnie now

Comment

Thought it was a sausage roll Lol

Comment

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd Passport Scam

Hi all,
                    I've just joined the forum having listened to the Radio 4 programme on British Passport Services and their activities. I'm sure my story is fairly typical.....
                    On Monday, March 16th I realised that I had lost my passport just ahead of a planned trip to Ireland that was booked for Friday March 20th so I searched on the Internet for the Passport Office in order to get a fast track appointment. One of the first results was British Passport Services (BPS) whom I contacted and was e-mailed a form to complete which I did as a matter of urgency. BPS sought immediate payment on the telephone for the appointment which I declined and said that I would pay all of the fees at the Passport Office. At no point in this conversation did they state that this service was not part of the fees charged by the Passport Office but was going to a third party company.
                    I attended the interview at the Liverpool Passports Office on the morning of Tuesday, March 17th and it was only at this point that I became aware that I had been misled by BPS. They had arranged the fast track appointment for Tuesday morning but I was informed by the official from the Passport Office that this had been done by a third party and that they would have been able to provide me with an interview slot free of charge on the afternoon of March 16th.
                    Upon realising what had happened I was annoyed that BPS had actually delayed my chances of getting a passport and were planning to charge me £117 for providing this 'service' to me. I have subsequently received several increasingly aggressive emails threatening legal action against me for what I regard as a misleading service and have complained to the CMA to take appropriate action against this company that effectively acts as a 'scammer' for a public service.
                    I have now received a Claim Form for £212.60 from Richard Howard dated April 15th with the County Court Bulk Centre in St. Katharine's House in Northampton as the court address and really need some advice. Part of me just wants this to sorted even if it does mean paying him for his 'service' but I work hard as a nurse for my wages and resent paying this scammer. What should I do?

Comment

I've just found the 10 step guide to dealing with this - very helpful - but fear that I've already missed the first step which was to register with Money Claims Online within 14 days. This is really going from bad to worse in my mind....

Comment

Originally posted by mandymac View Post
                        I've just found the 10 step guide to dealing with this - very helpful - but fear that I've already missed the first step which was to register with Money Claims Online within 14 days. This is really going from bad to worse in my mind....
                        What is the date of issue on the claim form? Send a scan of it to admin@legalbeagles.info and mark the subject 'Mandymac v BPS'.

Comment

Hi Mandy, firstly you need to register and log in to moneyclaim online from the link given on the front of the claim form and enter an acknowledgement of receipt of the claim with intent to defend in full. You have 14 days from service of the claim form so that needs to be done today if possible if the claim was issued on 15th April. ( you usually get 3-5 days extra so you might be okay - they can't do a default judgment until Tuesday with it being bank holiday weekend so if you get it acknowleged today that will stop that happening and we can look at the rest of the claim and defend)

Sharon
                          xx
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Okay on the rest... yes send me a copy of the claim form ( admin@legalbeagles.info ) and I'll sort a thread out for you in the private area.

Can you tell me though if there was any recorded message when you telephoned BPS and do you still have the email they sent you with the link to the 'booking' form ? if so could you forward that to me too pls.

BPS sought immediate payment on the telephone for the appointment which I declined and said that I would pay all of the fees at the Passport Office. At no point in this conversation did they state that this service was not part of the fees charged by the Passport Office but was going to a third party company.
                            That sounds like a decent defence to me xx
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

HI

Do I have to send my witness statement to the court AND BPS? and if so do I have to send them the exhibits I have attached?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Magoo View Post
                                HI

Do I have to send my witness statement to the court AND BPS? and if so do I have to send them the exhibits I have attached?

Thanks.
                                Yes send the witness statement to both the court and BPS with the exhibits attached. I believe that BPS don't allow service by e-mail so you'll have to send them by post I'm afraid.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X