• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSION

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSI

Yes they can, and will, take you to court for the money, whether they will win or not in court is another matter... There are around 50 people on here who are currently defending these claims.

You need to write to them denyng any liability to them for the money, spelling out that you believed them to be the HM Passport Office and had no requirements for their services and simply wanted to book an appointment at the HMPO yourself, that you were misled into using their services and that as soon as you became aware they were not the HMPO you cancelled any service with them.

So

How long after completing the form on their site did you cancel?
    Did they actually book an appt at the HM Passport Office for you?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd Passport Scam

I won !!!! Their evidence really dodgy and I would say criminal. People need to look at this company copying and pasting on passport headed paper

Comment

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSI

I beat them today and was awarded £95 costs, represented myself. Some of their evidence is downright criminal in my eyes.....

Comment

Originally posted by Koujar View Post
          I beat them today and was awarded £95 costs, represented myself. Some of their evidence is downright criminal in my eyes.....
          Well done.

Comment

Well done.

Could you tell us a bit more about the arguments you used, and your case ? - did they send you their odd witness statement with only paragraph 7 actually relating to your case ? Did they show up in court ?

So many questions..... we've got a case on the 28th, and then 4th, 6th, 14th May - and onwards - about 45 in all coming up between now and August - so any info you can give to help others would be much appreciated xxx
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I told them the truth that it was not me who filled their form in, the worst thing is they had exhibits as evidence letters to people not related to my case from the passport office or made out to be from the passport office apologising to the uk lot and reply letters dated on the same day as passport office received them. Do you know a government department that would apologise as that admits blame and leaves them open to being sued. I wish I could speak to someone and send them my paperwork, I was awarded 95 but the judge said not for me to hold my breath but hey ho if you want a challenge !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Koujar View Post
                I won !!!! Their evidence really dodgy and I would say criminal. People need to look at this company copying and pasting on passport headed paper
                Well hopefully you're the first of many. Congratulations.
                If Knowledge is Power . . . . . . .Then I Could Easily Light an L.E.D

Comment

Feel free to send it to me admin@legalbeagles.info

Letter from HMPO this one ?

Letter from HMPO

Dear Ms x

Thank you for your letter received on 5 November 2014 about the legality Of unoffcial websites offering passport services.

The matter of private Sector organisations offering services that support customers in their contacts with government whilst charging additional fees is well known to all major

government departments. The Government Digital Service is co-ordinating a central team to look at this issue and to discuss the best way to address it

Most of the organisations and individuals in question, however, operate within the law and we are unable to stop their operation. We only have powers to act against websites which claim to be ours or to be operating on our behalf when we are not in fact associated with them. Our lawyers are satisfied that most of these sites are operating within the spirit of the law as they do carry disclaimers making it clear they are not official government sites ard also provide line to our official site, Gov.UK. However, we do continue to monitor them regularly.

In response to the specific points you ratsed. we can answer as follows:

1. See above

2. We are unaware of any such research and thus unable to comment

3. An applicant or enquirer is at liberty to authorise a third party (corporate or

individual) to liaise With us on their behalf and act as their agent tn submitting their passport application or booking appointments With us.

( Just ends there page 2 is missing)
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                    Feel free to send it to me admin@legalbeagles.info

Letter from HMPO this one ?
                    EDIT: As above.

Comment

And witness statement bundle beginning with this page ?

Attached Files
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yes and the one naming a person that breaches data protection apparently sent from PO, the bi lingual is also wrong on it as if it's been copied and pasted

- - - Updated - - -

I will send it to you over weekend if I can I need to keep copies, I have e mail jeff prestridge to see if he wants more info for his story too

Comment

lol, perfect, that was going to be my next question. ( about speaking to Jeff )
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Shame it's only £95 costs, not really worth the cost/effort of sending bailiffs to 8 Deer Park Road.... much as that would be sweet.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Well done and great news you were awarded costs too, even though you may have to send in the sheriffs to get it, fab news
                              Enaid x

Comment

The sherries I think lol

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X