• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSION

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues

Originally posted by EXC View Post
    No we will. That'll be a tenner please.
    Add it to my bill. :tung:

Comment

Spoke to HMPO just now. Apparently it's OK for someone to phone up and book an appointment for someone else, eg. I could book one for my wife.

What's baffling us is how they have been sending texts that have come through on the same number - from BPS and HMPO. All the messages from them AND HMPO are in the same message thread on the mobile phone concerned.

HMPO couldn't answer my query so I'm going to have to contact the mobile operator concerned to see if they can investigate.

We know BPS have the mobile number and they will have given it to HMPO at some point - but that doesn't explain how the messages from both parties are in the same thread.

Looking back through the texts has bolstered our case, anyway. My wife's appointment confirmation from HMPO, booked the day after she was duped by BPS, is there with an appointment reference. The appointment BPS booked appears, with confirmation number, 6 DAYS LATER. So, as this evidences the messages are sent by HMPO as soon as the appointment is made, BPS evidently did not make an appointment until 6 DAYS after she was mislead by their website.

On the mysterious messages last week: the booking reference number sent matches the appointment they made (subsequently cancelled by us as we'd already made our own) as described above. So, I think they have done that to try and evidence that they have booking reference numbers and thus that appointments were made.

For what it's worth, HMPO said they wouldn't have records stretching that far back anyway so they're not worth much in the way of evidence. However all current appointment start with 9********; the advisor I spoke to said 'that number you gave me would have been a million appointments ago.'

Comment

Yes that's correct, they will accept you booking an appt for your wife, but apparently not accept booking by a third party company.

They may well have booked an appt under your wifes name intending to use it for someone else ??

Have you checked the SMS's received with the Charges sheet at all ? The charges sheet only starts in January - but can you cross ref the sms received with the charges - eg. 09/01/2015 05:33PM SMS Collections Text Message etc.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

For all new victims of the BPS Scam, please sign our petition to ban such sharp practices here. Please also pass on to friends and family to sign, as we are near to the next escalation point. many thanks. You can find the petition here:-

http://chn.ge/1zuv6Be

Comment

Booking appointment made in October 2013 ref 758xxx50 and a booking appointment in October 2014 was ref 902xxx50 - just to give an idea how the numbers go.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Poltergeist View Post
              For all new victims of the BPS Scam, please sign our petition to ban such sharp practices here. Please also pass on to friends and family to sign, as we are near to the next escalation point. many thanks. You can find the petition here:-

http://chn.ge/1zuv6Be
              I'll try bump it some more Tuesday.

Sorry I forgot I'm away tomorrow during the day at a family funeral. Should be home early evening.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
                99% of the time peoiple here are able to be equipped enough to do fine on their own.

On the other 1% the site team know a few lawyers.
                No go tell the Judge you tried to get hold of an accredited part of HM Government and end up in (murky swamp dealing with swamp thing). Point out that you would never be so stupid or lazy as to require a spiv to use his mob to book an appointment and pay him (a shitload) for the honour.
                Please show the court the ad hoc charges being bandied about and please do remind the court of the fact that charges incurred by a company with a contract in default can only be proportionate and justifiable, do please point to our esteemed CC companies who found charging 30 quid for a 1 pound late payment letter was just NOT cricket....
                Emmm... Please tart up the stuff in brackets for a courts perusal :tongue2:

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                  No we will. That'll be a tenner please.
                  Good idea... Lets start a swear box......:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

I am quite paranoid now and sorry for asking as I don't want to cause offence but is it safe to sign and share the petition? As they are asking for all your details...

Comment

Yes the petition is safe to sign, I'd share it yourself rather than clicking share on the petition page (ie just give people the link to the petition ). Change.org is a bonafide petition site xx
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Scammed View Post
                        I am quite paranoid now and sorry for asking as I don't want to cause offence but is it safe to sign and share the petition? As they are asking for all your details...
                        Hi Scammed, yes, I set this up, and you can sign it without worry, and don't forget to share with as many people as you can. This is just one of the ways we are fighting these bullies.
                        Last edited by Poltergeist; 15th February 2015, 21:08:PM. Reason: Spelling mistake, tut, tut!

Comment

It's a petition.... I think you won't find HM Government sending you any bills (plus swear charges where applicable)....
                          If you are worried that in some way it will make Mr Contract more unhappy then I will say this... He just wants you to give him money... Then he will go away.. For now.. He might for all we know come back at you under a different guise in future as these fellows like to keep a handy 'sucker list' for future income.. It's your choice... I think you either fight him now or keep checking your email box and mobile for ever and one day.. My opinion... (My sister had such, a an with a mobile and a voice recorder to hand... Phoned her up claiming some kind of search engine service, bamboozled her and sent her a bill... she paid it... So guess what... He did it again) He was fond of sending out Claims from Birkenhead court, but when she stood up it him second time he melted away.......:tongue2:

Comment

Originally posted by didactosaurus View Post
                            This is a fantastic idea, Amethyst, and the more we can pull together and start hassling these ineffective public bodies THE BETTER. When you consider the actual number of us on here, it isn't huge - less than 10 people with active court cases isn't that many, on the face of it - however, it is definitely significant that ALL these cases have only just been issued, at the same time.

Whoever is defending first needs to point that out in their defence - the Court must be made aware of this suspicious behaviour by the claimant, for example in our case it's going back to June/July 2014! Why wait 6 months + to chase a LEGITIMATE debt?

If we can become a truly vocal minority, and a real nuisance to those who should be protecting us but aren't - we may see some progress.

What the hell do we pay our taxes for? The Govt. has a duty of care to protect its citizens against criminals - in all these copycat rip-off cases, it ain't happening! I searched for the Office of Fair Trading to report this: no longer in existence. It closed last April and there doesn't seem to be a comparable office with the same clout - TS is the next best thing but it seems they've been as much of a chocolate fireguard as the ASA.

Howard and his ilk have no doubt realised there's no guard at the gate any more and so are plundering while they can before something is done about it. Well, we need to shout from the rooftops that WE WILL NOT BE RIPPED OFF!

So yes, we'll give a statement that we would be happy to be used to support others' cases, as we would like that kind of evidence ourselves.
                            count me in here to I would be happy to add my name to the list.

Comment

Thanks to the people who said they would write something to support my case in court.
                              Amethyst I will email you my details now and I was wondering if perhaps you could write something to say that you are in charge if the forum and that there are loads of people in the same boat? The template seems like a good idea as well.....
                              I would give more details about my case but I'm unwilling to give up any information that could be used against me.

Comment

Thanks I've emailed you.

I'm back home this evening.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X