• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSION

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSI

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    seems appropriate...
    Yep i agree - Can't loose when no contract was actually formed
    Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSI

Good luck to Queen of Hearts who should find out today whether her application for costs due to BPS's unreasonable behavior on her discontinued claim succeeds.

Comment

Depending on the postman .....
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          Depending on the postman .....
          Well yes, if it's the same postman who delivers court orders to BPS then I take your point.

Comment

Hi all,

Just a quick note to say my cheque cleared. :-)

I hope the others get their cheques soon. He can't possibly hold out on them right. Surely he knows he'll just get taken back to court?

If he doesn't pay can we get CCJs issued against him?

Alex

Comment

Good Evening Richard Howard

Whilst packing up my things to leave for the day a colleague advised me that you have still not made the £109 payment to me for the Court Costs that the Judge in Kings Lynn County Court awarded against you.

As a good will gesture in my email to you the other day I did provide you with an additional three days to pay the £109 without having to pay any Overdue Invoice Charges.

Yours sincerely Scam Harris.

Here's a little note I just sent to my mate RH.....hope he likes it!

Comment

Yeah - that's what happened in mine. I sent mine about 4 days before the deadline. I received RH's on deadline day and it made reference to my witness statement. Attempting to disprove some of my comments.

It wasn't actually that much of a problem. It gave me a chance to understand how RH would try argue against my witness statement so I had a chance to prepare.

I brought various other pieces of evidence to the court room (like the alternative version of the letter) he included in his witness pack. I printed out 3 of each, one for the court, one for RH and one for me.

Comment

For example, I was ready when he claimed that UK Passport Offices was totally different to British Passport Services with evidence that it was very similar. I was armed with screenshots of both sites and a report from the media about UK Passport Offices that illustrated that similar county court claims were being thrown around in the same way for the same services for the same prices etc.

I can see both pros and cons of giving RH a chance to come back at you in his witness statement.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexYates View Post
                    I can see both pros and cons of giving RH a chance to come back at you in his witness statement.
                    Indeed although witness statements are meant to be 'exchanged' rather than being in response to the other.

In all of his witness statement I've seen he's dishonestly stated that the ASA adjudication was against an ''unrelated website'' when in fact British Passport Offices is virtually identical to British Passport Services, is owned and operated by him and offers precisely the same 'services' which are provided by the same company, UK Services & Support Ltd.

Comment

Hi all,

Just a quick note to say my cheque cleared. :-)

I hope the others get their cheques soon. He can't possibly hold out on them right. Surely he knows he'll just get taken back to court?

If he doesn't pay can we get CCJs issued against him?

Alex
                      Good news

No - If he doesn't pay then you can get bailiffs (or use another enforcement method)

However Koujar's check has arrived today - same account as yours came from - so presumably Ivan's will arrive today or Monday too.
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

For example, I was ready when he claimed that UK Passport Offices was totally different to British Passport Services with evidence that it was very similar. I was armed with screenshots of both sites and a report from the media about UK Passport Offices that illustrated that similar county court claims were being thrown around in the same way for the same services for the same prices etc.

If his WS arrives early we can counter it with ours, and if it arrives same time or after ours then we can kybosh all the lies in his WS with a Skeleton argument after that point - just to give the Judge a heads up and evidence of that before the hearing.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                          Indeed although witness statements are meant to be 'exchanged' rather than being in response to the other.

In all of his witness statement I've seen he's dishonestly stated that the ASA adjudication was against an ''unrelated website'' when in fact British Passport Offices is virtually identical to British Passport Services, is owned and operated by him and offers precisely the same 'services' which are provided by the same company, UK Services & Support Ltd.
                          As you and everyone else here knows. Different domain names are irrelevant, whats relevant is the ownership of the domain name. For example Ebay own www.ebay.com, they also own www.ebay.co.uk - Two separate domain names, but the same ownership and same services being provided! So the adjudication was against the company for what they were doing on their website, not against the website (or domain name) per se.
                          Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

Comment

Does anyone know if Rebecca won yesterday??

Comment

Yes she got the set a side

Comment

''Two top awards for the Mail on Sunday's Personal Finance Editor Jeff Prestridge''

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/new...restridge.html

He was also given the ‘outstanding achievement’ award for his tireless – and effective – campaigning on a raft of key personal finance issues, including rip-off copycat websites and fair pensions.
                                Over the past year Prestridge has been instrumental in bringing to book operators of misleading websites that charge fees for services that are free through official Government channels.

He has also exposed the bullying tactics of passport appointment company – British Passport Services – that takes scores of customers to court if they do not pay, even when it has failed to deliver its promised service.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X