• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Relative victim of fraud/investment scam/Bank acted irresponsibly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Relative victim of fraud/investment scam/Bank acted irresponsibly

Ask them if they have a copy of the original claim form that came from the court/bank - that's the most important bit we need. We also definately need a copy of the defence entered. - tho your dad might get a copy of that from the court, its still worth asking CAB.

And we def need that CCA request to go off asap as that should answer lots of questions regarding how this loan was taken out if your Uncle didnt go to the bank or arrange it online. Worrying about the money being transferred out of his account to by someone other than him.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up, as you can imagine it makes a massive difference. In order to help deal with this effectively then either you or your dad need to arrange permission to speak with the bank at any time on your Uncles behalf asap
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

I have e-mailed CAB to that effect and itemised a to-do list for my dad - he will be contacting the court and posting off the CCA/SAR request.

Just to be clear - will I need to quote my uncles bank account number on the CCA request? I wrote the letters with a gap to fill in account details then realised I may need to quote these loan account numbers and not sure if there'll be space! I should be able to fit them in but just wondered if his bank account would suffice?

Comment

duplicated post
          Last edited by SpringBreak; 8th June 2014, 19:31:PM. Reason: duplicated post

Comment

Originally posted by SpringBreak View Post
            I have e-mailed CAB to that effect and itemised a to-do list for my dad - he will be contacting the court and posting off the CCA/SAR request.

Just to be clear - will I need to quote my uncles bank account number on the CCA request? I wrote the letters with a gap to fill in account details then realised I may need to quote these loan account numbers and not sure if there'll be space! I should be able to fit them in but just wondered if his bank account would suffice?

If you have the loan numbers then that would be good but you would need one for each loan on the CCA requests.

So sounds like we're looking at three loans, but only one being claimed against at the moment - so get this cca off for the loan in the claim (do we even know which this is?)

If judgment is given in default we can always apply to set aside btw so it isn't fatal if that happens xx
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Ahh yes, regarding the comment in the email from CAB, thank you for sending it over.... the comment they made regarding it looking horrendous was with regards to the N181 form - not your Uncles situation . I agree the N181 is quite a bit more intense than the N180 and yes engaging a solicitor would be a good idea, but before that we want to get all the information together and there are some good people on here who might be able to help if it is needed further along the line. At the minute we're just trying to stall things while we work out what the heck has gone on xx oh, and welcome to VIP - your support is very much appreciated xx
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

I will also try to speak with TS early next week to see if there are any measures they can take to intervene/assist.
                Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

Hiya, Could you get hold of your Uncle's credit report through an online service free like Noddle ( https://www.noddle.co.uk/ ) please, and email it to me (take off anything private). Can't believe I forgot to bring it up before - but it should show the entire financial situation, including these bloody loans. Thank you, Sharon xx
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                    Hiya, Could you get hold of your Uncle's credit report through an online service free like Noddle ( https://www.noddle.co.uk/ ) please, and email it to me (take off anything private). Can't believe I forgot to bring it up before - but it should show the entire financial situation, including these bloody loans. Thank you, Sharon xx
                    I am just in the process of filling it out now - CCA/SAR/N180 in the post btw!

Comment

Originally posted by SpringBreak View Post
                      I am just in the process of filling it out now - CCA/SAR/N180 in the post btw!

Okay - so my dad wasn't able to get the claim form via the court. However, the CAB have also e-mailed them to my dad today so woop. Just zipping them together with the credit report

Re the credit report - quite revealing!

Despite it still being a huge amount, it's certainly not as bad as £10,000 x3!!

Complicated - but - I have calculated the total cost of all the paperwork my uncle had available relating to the overseas payments. the total amount sent to overseas accounts was £19,430 - the last one being the same day the original loan was taken out (though not the full amount of the loan)

(I believe I sent a spreadsheet showing the summary of payments - let me know if you need that sending over again for comparison)

So in other words £14,771 of my uncles cash sent - he then began taking out loans in Jan '11

It's very 'interesting' that as soon as he is spending their money they take notice and seem to stop allowing the payments.

Hmmm.. maybe that's just me being 'bankist'

Anyway - it's e-mailed over - thanks once again for the great advice - very useful!!!

Will reconvene tomorrow - shattered!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
                        I will also try to speak with TS early next week to see if there are any measures they can take to intervene/assist.

Thanks Jules - much appreciated - I am really beginning to feel more confident. I would love to help catch these scamming bar stewards out!!

I'm convinced this phone call was directly related. He knew way too much - I may be wrong of course, but the guy was obviously not out for helping my uncle and it was just bizarre that someone would do that and the things he were saying just were not right. Mentioning how my uncle had no significant others to leave things too.. then in the same sentence fishing around to see if he was married, and then saying he was visiting my uncle on the Tuesday but not actually turning up - a bit threatening in tone.

Anywho... goodnight - speak tomorrow

Comment

Ahh excellent good work, big step forwards, and not quite as bad as feared? Still bad, but not AS bad, we'll look at docs once they come through and get back to you tmw xx
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

OK so reading the files the loans were consolidated consecutively leaving only one loan remaining outstanding, the amount claimed in court. As you say, much better than 3x£10k.

As Sharon has said we will go through it in more detail with a fresh head.

Well done for getting things done and supplying what was needed, makes it a lot easier to help.

Still a couple areas of concern such as who actually arranged/took out the loans and the advice/input by CAB. I spoke briefly to TS earlier today and am waiting on them getting back to me, will let you know if they can assist as and when I know.

Comment

Hello - just a quick update - still waiting on the requests made, as far as we know nothing has been received - just thought I'd let you know

Comment

Hello - a further update - my uncle hasn't received anything back regarding CCA/SAR however has received a new court form - the N181 this time.

The SAR request and CCA request went off on the 9th/10th June respectively so we are due responses from those from 26th at the latest (I think) - I have asked my uncle to send us the form with just the signature filled out (undated) with a view to filling it out and sending it off. I suppose - but please advise if there is anything else I should be doing in the meantime!

Thanks again guys

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X