• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Anti Wrinkle Cream advertised through Facebook

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti Wrinkle Cream advertised through Facebook

Hiya
    I hope someone can please help. I went on Facebook 3 weeks ago ( I usually only use it to message my family) and saw an advert for anti wrinkle cream. Interested I clicked on the advert and was taken to mylorelia.com and I read the whole page. Near the bottom it offered a FREE 30 day supply of the cream and you only paid I think £3.95 for shipping. It looked great so I ticked the box and put my details in. A few days later I received it and started to try it. On Friday just gone i went to get some money out of the bank and couldnt get any. i found out through my bank that this company had taken £89.75 out of my account for the cream they sent which was meant to be a free 30 day supply. I have also since found out that in the T & C which I struggled to find it stated that by ticking the box your agreeing to this being taken each month!! You had to tick the box to be taken to the page where you put in your address. I phoned the company as it stated nothing on their site about this and got an arogant american woman who flatly refused to give me my money back despite me telling her I am a single parent and would never agree to paying £90 for a little pot of cream as a one off never mind a month. The cream doesnt even do as advertised and i believe there are many others caught out by this what I would call false advertising and misleading. Some have managed to get their money back but all I got was an offer for 3 months worth of more cream at half price.
    Any advice or template letter on what to send them to get my money back would be greatly appreciated. i know I am partly to blame for not looking hard enough but it seemed genuine and feel foolish to have been caught out like this. I am familiar with The Sale of Goods Act, could I use this in my argument.
    Many thanks
    PurpleAngel
    Tags: None

Re: Anti Wrinkle Cream advertised through Facebook

I have attached the advert for you to look at.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Comment

''We believe in complete customer satisfaction. This is reflected in our 30-day satisfaction guaranteed return policy. You may return the product within 30 days from the order date and you will be refunded for that order. If you wish to return your order, please obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number first. Contact our customer service representatives to request an RMA number. Packages marked "Return To Sender" will not be processed or refunded. Returned packages will only be refunded with an RMA number that was provided by Customer Service. Call Customer Service at 1-888-907-5860 (UK toll-free 0-808-189-0528) for your RMA number. RMA numbers are good for 30 days. Refunds will only be issued to the same credit card to which they were charged. Customer is responsible for return shipping charges. After the warehouse receives your return, it generally takes 3 business days to process your return. Credits can take 5-7 business days to post to your account. Products damaged during shipping will be replaced at no charge. ''
      though I really wouldn't bother trusting that. There's loads of scam reports about this company. You need to cancel the continuous payment authority you have inadvertently agreed to.

How did you pay, via debit card ?

Did you keep a copy of the terms where it does say about the pay every month?
      Last edited by Amethyst; 29th March 2014, 18:34:PM.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Did we have a similar thread about beauty stuff on LB last year?

Comment

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...hlight=wrinkle ??

BTW you need to cancel the continuous payment authority as well with your bank.

http://www.fca.org.uk/news/continuou...ight-to-cancel
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hiya
            Yes I have cancelled with the company and had an email to confirm this and cancelled with my bank. The T & Cs are somewhere on the website but I struggled to find it. I have emailed them my complaint and sent them the screen dump I sent you and given them 3 working days to refund my money. Im just worried that with no invoice or paperwork if I send the cream back they will deny having received it or come up with some other excuse. I will let you know what their reply is. I also emailed a complaint about them to Hello magazine as they are advertising their product for them.
            Thanks

Comment

Hiya
              After sending two emails to the company I rang them again today and demanded my money back and after some arguing i managed to get an 80 per cent refund. They said the money will be in my account in 3 to 5 working days. I am pleased to get most of my money back and the other £18 I will put down to experience. It just goes to show it pays to be persistent when wanting your money back.
              Thanks for your replies
              PurpleAngel

Comment

I had a similar experience with a Facebook ad in 2009. It was different in that the advert was for a FREE IQ test. It was right after Christmas and an academic friend had spent the festive period with me and he was writing his latest book and the subject of IQ tests came up in our conversation. :nerd: I was sitting in front of the computer waiting for something to happen when I decided to go on to FB and, by sheer coincidence, the ad about the IQ test came up. I didn't think there could be anything dodgy with it since I wasn't asked to provide bank or card details at any point.

I answered the questions and when I completed the test, I read the results would be sent to my mobile, so I entered my number. I got a txt with the results and afterwards I kept getting txts with silly questions and answers of the "what's sticky but not a stick" kind. They didn't even come every day so I just ignored them. By then I was on paperless billing so it took around 3 months before I got round to looking at my mobile statements, where I found I'd been charged for each silly txt I'd received! :mad2: :mad2:

Rang Vodafone and a very rude lady said to me "you signed up for the dating site, don't pretend you didn't!" I replied had done no such thing and there must be a mistake, it turns out a company called Mblox was responsible for the txts and they ran txt dating sites amongst may other things. They argued I agreed to subscribe to their "brain teasing" subscription at a cost of £9/week when I gave my mobile number on the IQ test site.

Google "Mblox scam" and the results speak for themselves:
                http://www.saynoto0870.com/cgi-bin/f...num=1202320632
                http://www.danielgmyers.com/2010/01/...l-phone-scams/
                http://www.scambook.com/company/view/27932/mBlox
                http://alphavilleherald.com/2012/01/...ming-game.html

:smash::rant::rant::rant:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X