• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ebay, Gumtree & Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ebay, Gumtree & Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

Just searched "sofia@bbc-music.co.uk" on google and found exactly the same situation with an Autotrader Ad for a £9999 BMW. Same response, same email address, same postcode. This was supposedly a lady selling as she now had a company vehicle. Seems she has a few cars to sell !!

Comment

Definitely a scam [MENTION=78932]Lindiloo22[/MENTION] , walk away.......................or play along until you receive the "invoice" and pass on the bank details to me so we can get them shut down. Thanks for posting this one up will help others who have that doubt and Google.
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Hi all an update my parents has just almost fallen for this same scam. Advertised on gumtree for £6150.00 2007 fiat motohome in south Yorkshire but motohomes is right down south. nasty Devorse is the reason for sale. They would cover cost of shipping. Am so lucky i found this site. I know a lot of you have lost thousands due to these scammers. Am so sorry for each and every one of you. I cant even begin to think how my parents would of felt. Losing there hard earnd pension. But just want to thank you for this site. Ya saved us. xx now lets catch these suckers so they can't scam again... look out on gumtree as the advert went on last night. And this morning. But has been removed once my parents contacted them.

Comment

Originally posted by claire_marsden1 View Post
          Hi all an update my parents has just almost fallen for this same scam. Advertised on gumtree for £6150.00 2007 fiat motohome in south Yorkshire but motohomes is right down south. nasty Devorse is the reason for sale. They would cover cost of shipping. Am so lucky i found this site. I know a lot of you have lost thousands due to these scammers. Am so sorry for each and every one of you. I cant even begin to think how my parents would of felt. Losing there hard earnd pension. But just want to thank you for this site. Ya saved us. xx now lets catch these suckers so they can't scam again... look out on gumtree as the advert went on last night. And this morning. But has been removed once my parents contacted them.

That is great news, thank you so much for coming and letting us know.

If you get a link to the advert can you post it up - the make/model and the email address of the scammer would be helpful as well to help others who do do some research before buying.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Lindiloo22 View Post

- I deliver the car,
            - you receive the car,
            - they send me the money.
            Here you can read eBay Buyer Protection Program

That link to the 'ebuyer protection program' goes to sleepmedsociety.com .... which redirects to a subdomain on HOW2MLM.com

I won't link but the page looks like this

quite convincing for the uninitiated.

HOW2MLM is reg'd to

Registrant Name: BALAZ SABO SIPOS
            Registrant Organization:
            Registrant Street: LAZARA NESICA 2
            Registrant City: NEODREDEN/INOSTRANSTVO
            Registrant State/Province: -- CHOOSE A STATE --
            Registrant Postal Code: 24000
            Registrant Country: RS
            Registrant Phone: +381.611457676
            Attached Files
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi people, I fell victim to this scam last week,lost 4800 into a Barclays account, has anyone ever had there funds refunded.

Comment

• Re: Barclays and vehicle scam via ebay and gumtree

Hi am a bit lost here I was scammed last week losing 4800,has anyone got any advice, has anyone ever been refunded.

Comment

Hello Lee Wood, sorry to hear of your dilemma, I am sure a senior member of the forum will be able to point you in the right direction. My advice (if you haven't done so already)is, pleasde report it to your bank and Action Fraud.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Lee Wood, sorry to hear of your dilemma, I am sure a senior member of the forum will be able to point you in the right direction. My advice (if you haven't done so already)is, please report it to your bank and Action Fraud.
                  http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...icle-Car-Scams

Comment

Hi,

My boyfriend has fallen foul of this scam, too. Transferred 7k to a Barclays account and no vehicle.

Acc: 83475646
                    Sort: 20-53-22
                    Beneficiary: I M Moisescu

The email address was office8@abtpro.co.uk

I emailed 'Amy' from my own account, enquiring about the same vehicle that was 'sold' to be told viewing was not possible, but if I sent details of my PayPal account, I would receive an invoice to send money to. Debating on setting up an account so I get the invoice with account details, then go into Barclays myself and speak to someone.

We tried Action Fraud this morning, but the online form said they couldn't assist. We've been to the Police, bank, you name it...no-one seems to be much help right now.

Comment

I've just reported the account directly to Barclays Fraud Dept.

Can you tell me when the money was transferred please.

Can you confirm yo went into Barclays branch to query this and if so can you spell out exactly how the conversation went?
                      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post

Can you confirm yo went into Barclays branch to query this and if so can you spell out exactly how the conversation went?
                        The money was transferred 01.02.16 to the account detailed and was supposed to be delivered by a company called Shipley. On contacting them, they has no record of the seller or the vehicle.

He went into RBS to do a transfer, the money went. They asked what it was in relation to and he stated he had bought a car and that it was supposed to be going to a PayPal account.

The money was taken and no car delivered. Funnily enough, no response from 'Amy'. He went into RBS and was advised to phone the fraud team, then was put on to report a scam at Barclays, which he has done but not heard anything.

PayPal advise the email alleged to be from them was fake and that's not how they do things. The Police are aware but said there's not much hope.

'Amy' has continued to email me over the course of the past few days and has asked for my PayPal details so she can send an invoice. I have set one up now and am waiting for further contact from her so I can see if the account is different.

Thanks for replying so promptly.

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post

Further to the post from earlier, I just received this email from 'Amy':

**Thanks for using PayPal.

The seller has requested the payment through PayPal and we offered to cover all the risks for you and the seller.
                          It is our responsibility to inform Buyers about our Sellers. You are*dealing with a verified PayPal member, protected by our PayPal services*such as insurance and dispute resolution, and you may buy and sell with*confidence in all eBay transactions with this seller.

You should proceed accordingly to complete the transaction in a safe manner.

The following is a notice from PayPal Trust & Safety Department regarding:

Item Title -*2o13 Mitsubishi L200 2.5 DI-D CR Warrior 4dr
                          Item Number -*252270611704
                          Item Price -*£7,000.00

**Buy safely using eBay's Buyer Protection ProgramThis vehicle is eligible for up to £10,000.00 in Buyer Protection when your transaction is completed through PayPal
                          It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.
                          For any questions contact PayPal Live Support*by clicking*here

**Complete the transaction in 5 easy, secure and safe steps!1. eBay accepts the transaction and offers purchase protection to the*buyer (if the transaction is declined, no further action is required*from either the buyer or the seller);
                          2. All information received will be processed by PayPal under the direct review of eBay Inc.
                          3. The Buyer follows instructions and sends the payment to the assigned PayPal representative bank account.
                          After the payment is cleared and verified by PayPal under the review of eBay Inc, it will be secured into a non-interest bearing trust*account.*Payment being secured, the Seller is notified by PayPal to*deliver the*vehicle to the Buyer. The Seller has 5 (five) business days to start the deliver procedure. The seller must deliver the vehicle for inspection*along with the certificate of title, signed Bill of sale in the Buyer's*name, all keys and all ownership documents. The vehicle must be*delivered along with all documentation requested by the Buyer in order*to allow him to change the registration in his name as soon as he will*decide to accept it after the inspection period will be over.
                          If no delivery procedure is started, a full refund is immediately sent to the Buyer.
                          As soon as the delivery procedure will start, the Buyer should wait for the vehicle and documentation to be delivered.4. After the inspection period is over, the Buyer must contact PayPal with the result of the inspection of the vehicle.
                          The Buyer receives the vehicle and has 5-7 (five-seven) business days*to inspect it. The inspection period will not begin until PayPal has*confirmed delivery of the vehicle by either Buyer’s or shipper’s*notification.5. If he refuses it a full refund is immediately sent to the Buyer if the*reason that determined the Buyer not to keep the vehicle is strictly related to the vehicle's condition i.e (different from what the seller has advertised,*described and agreed to sell to you).
                          The Seller will have the obligation to make all necessary arrangements*in order to take the vehicle from Buyer’s possession in maximum 3 (three) business days.
                          If the vehicle and documentation are as advertised,*described and agreed, the Buyer should accept it. If the Buyer accepts*the vehicle, the payment will be sent to the Seller within 3 (three)*business days.
                          **How to proceed from this moment?

The conventional method of transferring funds to a PayPal member cannot be used due to the large amount that must be paid.
                          Payment must be submitted via bank transfer to the PayPal representative bank account*assigned for this transaction. PayPal will secure the payment until the Buyer receives,*inspects and accepts the vehicle.*Or, if it is the case, PayPal will refund the payment to the Buyer.

*PayPal representative Bank account**:** * * * * * * * * * * ***Payment details:

*Bank Name:************ Barclays

*Account number:**** 23571041

*Sort code:************* * 20-25-76

*Beneficiary*Name:** A Diaconescu

*Bacs, CHAPS and Faster Payments are accepted.

*Invoice#:******* * ** ** 67946576114

*Subtotal:*************** * * * £7,000.00

*Shipping(Free):****** * * * ** ** £0.00

*Deposit:*** ** * * * * * * * ** * ** £0.00

*Total:************** * * * * ** £7,000.00

*Consult your bank or financial institution for more information on how to complete a bank*transfer.*Please note*that it is extremely important to use*the exact details of the account. The beneficiary name must be as written above.*Include "67946576114"*on the "reference" field of the bank transfer instructions. Failure to use the exact*information as stated above will result in your bank transfer being returned to you at your own expense..

We recommend the online transfer system, because it saves a considerable amount of time.Online Banking saves you the trouble of going to a bank and wasting your valuable time (payments can also be made on the weekends). If this is your first time making an online transfer, please go to your bank’s website in order to read about the procedure.

The electronic transfer from bank to bank is considered to be the safest international payment method. The transfer data are transmitted through an encrypted communication channel.

CONFIDENTIALITY AND NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT

**Do not disclose*any information related to your PayPal purchase agreement to any third parties (i.e*1.*your*seller,*2.*your bank)
                          1.*Of to where*your funds are being sent.
                          2.*The actual reason the bank transfer is to be sent to your assigned representative.

**Questions?

*Please do not reply to this email. To get in touch with us click*here*to enter*PayPal Live Help

Copyright © 1999-2016 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. Société en Commandite par Actions Registered Office: 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg RCS B 118 349

PayPal Email ID PP75129164

Comment

If and when you receive another "invoice" please post the bank details here ASAP, I can then get them straight across to whichever banks' fraud team (we work very closely with them)

As for the circumstances of the sale, please take a look here http://legalbeagles.info/scamaccounts/ , I am sure it will all seem familiar. Share with as many people, friends family etc, as you can on social media or any way you can to help raise awareness to others.

If I hear anything constructive back from Barclays I will let you know. However, in the meantime, I suggest you raise a complaint with RBS as they should be well aware of this scam and should have queried the transfer. Should you not receive a satisfactory response from them take it to the Financial Ombudsman

Unfortunately the funds will have been withdrawn in a matter of hours and the culprits use fake documents to open these "Mule" accounts.

Comment

Looks good no wonder people get caught out looksas if its safe as houses

Comment

Those bank details are now on their way to Barclays for closure, you never know you may just have prevented one or more further victims, not much consolation to you I know but thank you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X