• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ebay, Gumtree & Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ebay, Gumtree & Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

Hi,
    Yes I paid for that account number, but person who email me called Lucy. It was 30.06.15 late evening

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately debit card

Comment

Hi Natalia,

Was it Lucy326@mbtworld.co.uk? or Lucy@mbtworld.co.uk by any chance?

Kind regards,
      James

Comment

Lucy@mbtworld.co.uk

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry just been in the bank, it was fast payment transaction with is not protected at all, that they told me how I can be so stupid?

Comment

Though it won't help you get your money back Natalia I'd be interested to know what car you were intending to purchase. I specifically watch our for scam adverts on Autotrader UK and I know many of the photo sets the scammers use and I may have a copy of the original advert.

Comment

It was this one Boycie

2008 Vauxhall Corsa 1.3 CDTi 16v Life 3dr 41000 Miles (170785154788#)
            Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Correct this one

Comment

I guess that person scam meany of people, how it is possible in this world nobody catch her/him/they yet? Probably it will happen again with another stupid person like I was. No more online transaction

Comment

Thanks Tools and Natalia, that's helpful and a little worrying too. That's outside the parameters of the cars I'm normally looking at. The scammers keep changing tactics and I have to keep pace with what they're doing. This suggests that there's probably a whole category of scam car ads I'm not even spotting.

Comment

I'd like to make everyone aware of this by the way - Fraud Recovery Warning

Very disappointed and concerned about it as it was someone I had a lot of respect for.
                    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

About 3 weeks ago I mentioned on here that I'd been scammed, and as I couldn't get past the Halifax call centre staff to report it to them concerning the scammer's account, "Tools" kindly asked for the details so that they could be advised by other means if possible.
                      I'm just wondering.... as I see that there's a thread about reporting to Barclays who seem to be more receptive.....should I have written a letter to the Halifax myself, and if I should at least do it now, who should it be addressed to?
                      Thanks for any advice you may offer.

Comment

The various details of how to complain to Halifax are here http://www.halifax.co.uk/contactus/how-to-complain/

Comment

Dear Tools
                          I reported that scam to the Police, TSB ignored my complain same as Lloyds ( they said, there is nothing what they can do as transaction was made by fast bank transfer) there is anything else what I can do? Even if I don't get my money back I just want punish them, and make sure they do not scam anybody else !!!!

Comment

There are several ways you and others can help, mainly by raising awareness and warning others of the dangers.

Please share this page http://www.legalbeagles.info/scamaccounts/ with as many people as you can on Social Media or anywhere you can.

Many victims also help out by "scambaiting", which is where you act as a buyer on a known scam advert until you are given their bank details, which are then passed on to me to report to the banks for closure. If you (or anyone) is interested in doing this then please email me for more details.

Comment

Yes I am interested, I want all of them go to the jail and pay for everything what they done to other people,

Comment

• Re: Barclays and vehicle scam via ebay and gumtree

Thanks Natalia, I've emailed you with more details

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X