• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ebay, Gumtree & Autotrader Vehicle / Car Scams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ebay & Gumtree Vehicle Scam. Barclays provide Fraudsters Accounts

Hi . I've got the same situation of yours it was just happened on 18/09/2013 I lost £2.150 please if you got some more information about this case let me know on my email adress danmutiu@yahoo.com

Comment

Can you provide account details, email addresses, etc. used by the scammer? Cheers.

Comment

it won't be long before we see a site like this appear on our shores!! http://www.ebaymotorssucks.com/2013/...ites-the-dust/ ebay owns gum tree too so why is this MASSIVE problem not being addressed?

Comment

If you have been the victim of FRAUD via EBAY or GUMTREE replying to SOFIA333@BTINTERNET.COM using BARCLAYS to steal your money then register on this site and pm me please thanks :beagle:
          Last edited by dixie2013; 8th October 2013, 09:40:AM.

Comment

Barclays accused in eBay car sale scam

SIMON READ

FRIDAY 19 APRIL 2013

http://www.independent.co.uk/money/s...m-8580967.html

Could you guys follow up on this - '6 months later & still nothing resolved' type of thing?
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Can anybody find anymore info on this case/appeal?

Barclays in legal battle over us wine 'scam' - 2006!

http://www.theguardian.com/money/200...s.theobserver2

Comment

Theft and fraud are covered by the money laundering act and Barclays are subject to the act. It makes you wonder how these issues are now allowed to slide despite the Governments supposed tightening up of the banking industry.

A few things come to mind and it requires the determination of victims and their supporters alike, that is if nothing is done by the normal routes.

As many incidents as possible must be reported to Action Fraud. The statistics alone when mentioning Barclays Bank, Gumtree and or Ebay will add up

Make the same complaint to Barclays fraud line. This incidents or reported rise do go on record and show up in their statistics, these figure will crop up if the situation escalates.

Make a complaint to your local MP and the Public Accounts Select committee. Reason, the problem emcompases many areas including funding for Action Fraud and the Police. Plus if the banking sector is facilitating criminal endeavours transferring what is effectively stolen money, in itself is money laundering and has tax implications that goes with it.

Push the issue through every means possible, facebook and twitter come to mind but when you do this be absolutely sure that you have concrete evidence. Run a page of facebook with stories of victims and that posts the tweets. With twitter you need to pick predetermined key points in any one day and tweet the issue, including @ any celeb/sports person who have an affiliation with said problematic company, investment brokers, MPs, news/ current affairs programmes and journalists with integrity (the list won't be to big). Simple questions will do. "What are you doing about fraudulent use of accounts used to fleece the not so wealthy and powerful on Gumtree and Ebay".

In the middle of the tweetfest set up a number 10 petition for the PAC to call in the facilitators and tweet the abbreviated link.

It may have some effect, especially if the ball starts rolling and a blip in the share price comes about! That might make them all to start listening and maybe act. You never know if there is enough of an outcry and scrutiny, it may end up with Barclays setting aside funds for victims of fraudulent accounts.

Sometimes the direct approach doesn't work so you have to be imaginative. It depends how far you want to take it and off course is this the right fight to use it as it will only work if it catches peoples imaginations and touches a cord. Testing the wind here does indicate that there is balance of it shouldn't happen and more fool you.

It seems extreme but it a similar if not the same tactics that stealth marketers, political spinners and lobbyists use.
                I am not a legal professional

I will only comment and give advice in situations which I have experience that has been gained over the years in pre legal negotiation and redress. At the end of the day when there is a legal situation of life changing or serious consequence, always and I mean always seek professional advice from a solicitor.

Comment

it seems as though online fraud is becoming more frequent and widespread http://cars.aol.co.uk/2013/10/10/dri...6pLid%3D214939 as the comment made in this link says the internet is quickly becoming a scammers paradise, the retail industry welcomed the boom in online shopping as did the BANKS as its now becoming a cashless faceless retail society, what these companys have failed to do is realise that is has now become the target for serious organised crime, i just hope the powers that be are going to address this by pumping more resources into tackling what has become a huge problem

Comment

here's another interesting read!! http://thefinanser.co.uk/fsclub/2013...13-1.html#more

Comment

Hi all,

Just joined this site as unfortunately my mum has just been scammed by 'evelyn', claiming to be based at an address in Dundee, selling a mercedes vito 115 van on ebay. The money, apparently being paid to ebay, went to an account in the name of Benedita Souto, a natwest account. I contacted Natwest who said they'd put a 'note' on that account, which was still open, but couldn't guarantee that no activity would take place on the account. I also reported to local police, Action Fraud, my mum's bank and ebay. I called Natwest again this morning but spoke to someone who was not helpful at all and said that the first person I spoke to shouldn't have given me any details!

Last night I saw that the same vehicle was still listed on ebay (even though ebay apparently closed that account at 15:45 earlier that same day??!!) They had also apparently closed 2 other 'linked' accounts??

Evelyn contacted mum via the email address 'evelyn@probt.co.uk'

Last night I contacted the seller on ebay before the listing disappeared. I have now received a text message asking to reply to a different email address if I'm interested in buying the mercedes van!

Have read with interest this thread about scammers that have used various Barclays accounts, and the actions people are taking to try and get some sort of action out of Barclays...has anyone else had any experience of similar with Natwest - I'm assuming a similar response from them?

Comment

Hi,
                        Your unfortuate experience is almost an identical copy of mine, see my posting from geordielass. Except it was £5000 and for a camper van in Fort William, Scotland.
                        The police investigation in sussex have actually got a CTV image of the crook going to two separate branches of Barclays in Essex and drawing £2500 each time. This has been passed to Essex police and "Action Fraud" a national police data base colating any incidents. I have a window of hope? He will be caught one day and I might get my money back? Hope your police department have passed on the information nationally.

Comment

I have been asked to collate information about this scam so a data pattern can be established to see who is involved.

Could anyone who has been affected by this please send a short PM to me Tools HERE with the following details used in the fraud, these are the details used by the fraudster, not your own personal details.

• Bank Name, Sort Code, Account Number and Name of Account holder
                          • Ebay/Gumtree listing details, including Make, Model, Price and any links/photos you may have
                          • Email addresses used
                          • Telephone numbers
                          • "Storyline" of where the vehicle is located/suddenly had to move to
                          • Have you reported it to the Police/your bank/ebay etc?

Also if anyone spots a suspected LIVE listing, please me or a member of the Team know as soon as is possible.

HERE

It may not be able to help those already affected, but hopefully together we can prevent further victims of this fraud.

Many thanks

LB Team
                          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

If anyone has been the victim of sofia333@btinternet.com then register on this site and pm me please

Comment

i wonder whether this money ended up in a BARCLAYS account in southeast london? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...yside-24548848

Comment

anyone including myself who has been a victim of this scam/fraud should contact there MP and tell them your experience as i have done. A definate pattern has emerged were all stolen wired payments are all going into barclays bank accounts, if the banks are telling us to go away regarding individual cases i'm sure if a MEMBER OF PARLIMENT asked or highlighted this something HAS to be and WILL be done about it. I'M sure that in time we will ALL be compensated by barclays so lets all keep up the work on these sites and also to put pressure on your MP to get the answers you as an individual can't

any news and or updates yet st benard on your progress?

thanks dixie2013

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X