• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

disappearing website

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disappearing website

Hi

Can anyone help please

after finding the website www.dragon-mania.com i found some goblets that i wished to purchase. following the instructions i paid for my item via paypal and shortly recieved an email to say i have now paid £29.99 for item no: NEM2212.

The business: JAC-al promotions
    contact emailaul@dragon-mainia.com

and that it will be delived to me.

After a week i heard nothing from the company and no item had arrived in the post. so i went back to the dragon mania website to find their contact details to find out what was going on. The website had dissapeared and a large ERROR 404 now takes over the screen.

i did a google search for them and could only acces the website via the cached link, however this did not give me enough information other than the email address. i tryed to contact them via the email address but nothing had come back.

i then opened a dispute to paypal letting them know what had happened. and they said this could take 20 days to see if the company respond.

today i recieved an email from paypal telling me that if i do not open a claim with paypal by the 5th nov them they will assume that the dipute is sorted. I have now opened a claim with paypal telling them that i cannot get hold of the company. On reading the information they tell me that i may not get my money back.

i have done another search today and through the cached link to dragon mania have managed to find an address for the company and a phone number have not managed to get hold of them yet though.

could anyone give me any ideas how to speed this up as paypal now say it could take 3o days and still say i may not get my money back

Help!!

has any one got any experiences and know hoe to speed this process up

many thanks

Jennie

Re: disappearing website

On what 'information' do paypal claim they are not responsible?

Please give us a verbatim script of what you told paypal

Comment

I have just told them the facts that i have been unable to contact them.

when filling in the claim form on their website through clicking a series of buttons. telling them that i have had no success contacting them and submitting the information. the sreen said that paypal would look into it, this could take up to 30 days and if they cannot contact them i may not get my money back

Comment

Jem, when you went into your paypal account, did it say you have buyer protection? You should still see this now. If it says you have buyer protection then there is no reason you cant get your money back

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X