• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary Termination of a Hire purchase or conditional loan under the CCA 1974

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Voluntary Termination of a Hire purchase or conditional loan under the CCA 1974

Originally posted by vanbasten View Post
    so i have amended my letter for sending - any thoughts?

Dear Sirs,

Further to your letter dated 27th February 2014 regarding the termination of my agreement with ********* in respect of vehicle registration *******, wherein you state that the vehicle has found to be damaged over and above industry wear and tear due to a scratch on the front bumper and asking for payment of £135.00.

The car when returned had sustained no such damage whilst in my possession, this is evidenced by photographs taken by me and your own representatives condition report on collection of the vehicle. The vehicle complied with the requirement of the Consumer Credit Act Section 100 in that "reasonable care" had been taken of it, and there are therefore no further sums due.

I also hold a copy of the auction house inspection report carried out on 21/02/2014 which details no damage to the front bumper of the vehicle and find it strange that the auction house report you have supplied with your letter is dated 25/02/2014, some 4 days later and yet notes damage to the front bumper.

Please confirm the completion of the voluntary termination process and that the account now has a zero balance.

Thank you,
    Yes perfect

Comment

• Re: Voluntary Termination of a Hire purchase or conditional loan under the CCA 1974

I will send it by email now and also send a copy by recorded delivery 1st class post and hope for a positive outcome.

Thanks again for all your advice on this matter.

Comment

If you are in dispute after VT should the Finance Company be placing a default against my credit rating?

I VT'd the car in November following this post (thanks) and there was no damage charge. However they (Santander) are claiming £2400 in excess mileage charges for the car. It was 3 years into a 4 year PCP and had passed the 50% mark. Mileage was 33,000.

Santander are claiming the mileage clause is excluded from the 50% rule on the agreement which I am disputing. 33,000 is also within fair wear and tear. They have passed this on to their debt collection agency who again I have disputed the claim with and it is currently on hold.

Santander state if I am not happy I can apply to the Financial Ombudsman.

I have suggested they proceed to take me to court as I am not prepared to pay this.

However I found out yesterday that I have an adverse credit rating now - should this have happened if it is in dispute?

Comment

I will send it by email now and also send a copy by recorded delivery 1st class post and hope for a positive outcome.

Thanks again for all your advice on this matter.
          Well guys, just to update:

Received an email from RMS Receivables this morning telling me that after discussing the matter with their clients they are willing to write off the amount owed for damages and the amount outstanding is £0.00.

Thanks again for all the help provided - much appreciated.

Comment

Well guys, just to update:

Received an email from RMS Receivables this morning telling me that after discussing the matter with their clients they are willing to write off the amount owed for damages and the amount outstanding is £0.00.

Thanks again for all the help provided - much appreciated.
            Well done,

Comment

Originally posted by katorik View Post
              If you are in dispute after VT should the Finance Company be placing a default against my credit rating?

I VT'd the car in November following this post (thanks) and there was no damage charge. However they (Santander) are claiming £2400 in excess mileage charges for the car. It was 3 years into a 4 year PCP and had passed the 50% mark. Mileage was 33,000.

Santander are claiming the mileage clause is excluded from the 50% rule on the agreement which I am disputing. 33,000 is also within fair wear and tear. They have passed this on to their debt collection agency who again I have disputed the claim with and it is currently on hold.

Santander state if I am not happy I can apply to the Financial Ombudsman.

I have suggested they proceed to take me to court as I am not prepared to pay this.

However I found out yesterday that I have an adverse credit rating now - should this have happened if it is in dispute?
              No, they should not have Defaulted your credit report

You are entitled to terminate the agreement without charge as you have completed in excess of 50% of payments, therefore the default is wholly invalid and inaccurate.

I would suggest writing to them stating you intend to contact the Information Commissioners Office to place a formal complaint about this.

As for the rest, write back quoting the terms of the consumer credit act relating to VT (as found in this thread and state that no payment will be forthcoming as the statute clearly states "reasonable condition" therefore no further sums are due.

State that if they continue to attempt to demand sums that are not due, you will file an official complainty with the OFT

Comment

Originally posted by ncf355 View Post
                No, they should not have Defaulted your credit report

You are entitled to terminate the agreement without charge as you have completed in excess of 50% of payments, therefore the default is wholly invalid and inaccurate.

I would suggest writing to them stating you intend to contact the Information Commissioners Office to place a formal complaint about this.

As for the rest, write back quoting the terms of the consumer credit act relating to VT (as found in this thread and state that no payment will be forthcoming as the statute clearly states "reasonable condition" therefore no further sums are due.

State that if they continue to attempt to demand sums that are not due, you will file an official complainty with the OFT
                Thanks, I've now paid the £2 fee to get my credit report to confirm what I was told by a lender and will then respond accordingly.

Comment

Hi new to this site and I have been reading this thread with interest.

I am nearly half way through a 24 month contract hire (Hire Agreement Regulated by the CCA 1974)and have paid including the initial larger payment over 50% of the contract value. The monthly re-payments are short of £200 per month. Does s.101 of the CCA 1974 prevent me from terminating without paying the remaining payments as the annual payments are over £1500?

The vehicle is just sitting on my drive unused and is not needed any more.

Comment

Originally posted by trickygj View Post
                    Hi new to this site and I have been reading this thread with interest.

I am nearly half way through a 24 month contract hire (Hire Agreement Regulated by the CCA 1974)and have paid including the initial larger payment over 50% of the contract value. The monthly re-payments are short of £200 per month. Does s.101 of the CCA 1974 prevent me from terminating without paying the remaining payments as the annual payments are over £1500?

The vehicle is just sitting on my drive unused and is not needed any more.

HI

Can you just clarify if this is a hire agreement or if it is a hire purchase agreement. This thread relates to HP agreements which are terminated under section 99 of course, however I may be able to advise if it is a hire car, but will need to have sight of the contract.

Comment

Hi andy58

It is hire contract for a small new van. I simply have hired the vehicle for 24 months and then return it. It obviously has a mileage limit etc, I can let you see the agreement if you want, no problem.

Comment

Hi andy58

It is hire contract for a small new van. I simply have hired the vehicle for 24 months and then return it. It obviously has a mileage limit etc, I can let you see the agreement if you want, no problem.
                        Yes anything regarding early termination on the agreement would be relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by andy58 View Post
                          Yes anything regarding early termination on the agreement would be relevant.
                          Where do I email it too?

Comment

Where do I email it too?
                            No cant do that (forum rules) you will have to post it up I am afraid, suitably redacted of any personal information of course.

Comment

Here are the relevant pages. Not a lot to be said on the matter really?
                              Attached Files

Comment

I have checked and there is nothing else about termination. It seems that I have hired it for 24 months and they will expect the full rental to be paid. Suppose I will just have to let it sit on my drive or hand it back to save on insurance when it runs out and pay them the remainder of the contract.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X