• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car Dealer, rejected letter handed over - what is the next step?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for a speedy reply
    they refused to accept that anything was wrong with the car, so how can they now say that I've made it worse?

CPR35 is what I was told to purchase if it goes to the courts. Should I continue then with the standard Dekra report? Or is all hope lost now?

Comment

It is your decision whether to purchase the standard Dekra report, or one that is CPR35 compliant.
      Have you read CPR35 (https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...l/rules/part35) ? or perhaps some guidance (https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/...nded-dec-8.pdf) ?

So your argument is that as the dealer insisted the vehicle was satisfactory you accepted his word and continued to drive it and did not pursue your short term right to reject
      Presumably you will now exercise your final right to reject and so it is presumed the fault existed at the time of purchase.
      However you have to allow the dealer one attempt to repair, and if that fails and accepts your rejection he can make a deduction for usage

Comment

Within 30 days I had to prove that the vehicle was faulty, correct? Now after 30 days it is for them to prove?

I would like to exercise my final right and I'm in the process of getting a engineers report.

What are the next steps?

Comment

You need to write (first class with free certificate of posting from post office) telling the dealer the vehicle is faulty and that you are exercising your final right to reject as per CRA 2015.

I can foresee they will claim the car was in perfect order when supplied and refer to your previous complaint.
          They will add that the clutch problem is new and was caused by your driving style.

Seen it all before!

Get your report from Dekra first

How did you pay for the vehicle? cash/finance/credit card?
          there may be other avenues for obtaining a refund
          Last edited by des8; 4th January 2023, 21:38:PM. Reason: requesting additional info

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X