• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PSA contract hire: perceived damage charges - please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dandie View Post
    Thank you echat11 . What about agreeing to pay a proportion of the costs based on their evidence (scuffed alloys, etc.). So I'm not refusing the entire bill, only the parts for which there is no evidence of damage in either the inspector's photographs or in mine (or indeed in reality!!). Is my acceptance of some charges likely to go in my favour or against, do you think?
    That would be o.k., that would show that you are willing to pay for any damage if they can provide proof (in your favour). That would also help with your FOS complaint. But make sure you state that in your letter.

Comment

Thank you, again echat11, you have been really helpful. Yes, there are some things which - although I consider them unfair charges for a four year old car - I can't deny; things like scuffed alloys and so on.

I've gone through the entire report, noted what I will accept and what I dispute. Where I dispute I have noted in writing that the inspector's photographs do not show evidence of damage and have provided photographs of my own, taken on the day of inspection, that show the area in question to be free of alleged damage.

The inspector also picked up some areas of repair which he claims are poor repairs but which were done under insurance by insurance-approved garages; in these instances I have explained this is an insurance repair and have attached copies of both the warranty and receipt for works.

There's not much more I can do beyond sending this now and hoping for the best, is there?

Comment

Thank you, again echat11, you have been really helpful. Yes, there are some things which - although I consider them unfair charges for a four year old car - I can't deny; things like scuffed alloys and so on.

I've gone through the entire report, noted what I will accept and what I dispute. Where I dispute I have noted in writing that the inspector's photographs do not show evidence of damage and have provided photographs of my own, taken on the day of inspection, that show the area in question to be free of alleged damage.

The inspector also picked up some areas of repair which he claims are poor repairs but which were done under insurance by insurance-approved garages; in these instances I have explained this is an insurance repair and have attached copies of both the warranty and receipt for works.

There's not much more I can do beyond sending this now and hoping for the best, is there?
        No, but it's great that you have taken your own pictures / evidence to counter their claims of damage which they can't substantiate with their 'dubious pictures'.

Comment

Thank you so much - okay...deep breath and sending! I will keep you posted. Wish me luck!

Comment

Thank you so much - okay...deep breath and sending! I will keep you posted. Wish me luck!
            Good Luck.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X