• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT Ford Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT Ford Finance

Hi all, lurked on this site for quite some time but thought I'd actually pop on and say hello.

Anyway, just started a VT with Ford Finance so will keep you updated with it (good or bad!). I've already passed the 50% but just want rid of the car due to circumstantial change. It's only been a few days since I gave the notification (both email & a recorded letter through the post), but they have already replied via email to say they have to have the notice signed and dated etc, etc, otherwise they can't act on it. I've already replied to that saying, no they don't need it signed, and yes they can proceed with it as everything is already in the email I sent them. No doubt the letter will arrive imminently through the xmas post. I've refreshed myself using @ROB's excellent VT guide (https://legalbeagles.info/forums/fil...tch?id=1498208) & forum advice, so let's see if Ford Finance now start dragging their feet and procrastinating, or actually get on with it hassle free...
    Last edited by Grem; 27th December 2019, 16:14:PM.
    Tags: None

Update on this for anyone who is interested (or not!) as this progresses. Today received a letter, which looks like a standard letter sent out to all & sundry. I'm not sure about the 'if you have exceeded the mileage band allowed on our agreement of 46,500 miles...' as my agreement states an approved annual mileage of 18,000. The car has just clicked onto 50k and is 2 years & 5 months into the agreement. I can't find anything about 46,500 on my blurb, so maybe that is part of the bog standard letter sent out? Any comments gratefully accepted. Anyway, I now await a phone call from their collection agent...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Grem; 31st December 2019, 19:37:PM.

Comment

The 46500 is likely to be the pro-rata mileage allowance ( 18000 miles per year times 2 yrs 7 months ( Not sure why if you had the car 2 years 5 months but works in your favour ... not sure of the reference to a band either ) so possibly a bill for 3500 miles @ 10p to come (£350+vat?)

( Welcome btw I've moved your thread to the car finance area )
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for the reply Amethyst, I thought I was subscribed to any replies, but as I've had no emails I just thought no-one had replied, so obviously not! My apologies for not getting back on here sooner.

Anyway, update to the tale, the car was collected without any issue on 27th January. The guy who collected it was here less than 5 minutes & gave me a sheet with all the boxes on it ticked to say "Fair". No surprise there, but the car is in excellent condition. The collection sheet he gave me doesn't even have the name , phone number, or address of the garage handling the collection. (It's in Staffordshire and also sells cars via auction). I could have knocked up a better sheet myself on Microsoft Word!

Today, I received a letter with a request for payment of £628.83, but nowhere does it actually itemise what this bill is for.
        Also, I thought the letter stating 'Reminder' was a bit cheeky, as this is the only letter I've had from them since the car was collected. Plus, the letter is straight in with threats of moving this 'debt' to to an outside company if I don't pay up. Charming.

Nevertheless, the final mileage at collection day was 51, 600. The agreement states excess mileage at 10p per mile. I understand they will charge 'pro-rata' for this, so does this amount of £628.83 seem correct?

Will I absolutely have to pay an excess mileage charge, as I have heard many people never have, so is this worth challenging?

I think I'll ask for an itemised bill showing how this figure has been arrived at, rather than a somewhat apparent arbitrary figure shown up to now.

Any comments gratefully received. Many thanks.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi mate u said they wanted you to sign things what happened when you said no

Vw finance done the same I have sent them a letter back saying I will not be signing anything*

Comment

They haven't asked me to sign anything, the only thing I've had since the car was collected is that demand for £628.83.
            I'll send a letter this week asking them to itemise what this alleged debt is for and see what they come back with.

Comment

Hi there,

I VCT'd my vehicle on 12th of this month and got a letter similar to your's asking for vehicle hire per day from the date of my payment to the 12th albeit they have charged me from the 1st of the month 12 days when I pay on the 2nd (over £100) and if this is is a valid charge, should be 10 days.I have checked the contract and it does not state hire charges applicable upon termination... I have paid well over the 50% mark so I am not paying it and have paid all my instalments. Are they trying it on?

Car was collected Yesterday, appraisal was noted as fair and no defects - issues damage etc... I am wondering what they will come back with given the issues I have had with them trying to VCT the vehicle from the start and them saying that my deposit I had paid at the beginning of the PCP was not part of the total price to pay. I had to stand my ground and argue that it had been calculated into the total price to pay. Anyway they backed down in the end and I have paid 59% of the total price to pay.

Comment

Update on this situation. I have now received the attached letter from Ford Finance. Still no explanation or itemisation of the original £628.83 demand.
                Any comments & advice gratefully received. Thanks.
                Attached Files

Comment

Looks like they have sold it to Link Financial, so you now need to deal with them.

You can fire off a letter to say you've been informed that the alleged debt has been purchased by Link which was already in dispute with Ford. Ask them to give you a break down of the charges because Ford have so far failed to do that.
                  If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                  LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                  Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Cheers Rob. I'll send a letter to Ford Finance tomorrow asking why the alleged debt has been assigned to Link when they (Ford) didn't even explain how or what exactly the alleged debt was for. I think it's a poor show that they (Ford) can just send a demand to me for money without even demonstrating what that demand is actually for. Then they don't even bother answering my legitimate concerns about this demand when raised, and instead they just flog the debt on to someone else. I'll update as I hear from either Ford or Link.

Comment

It will be a bit of a waste of time sending a letter to Ford, they've clearly explained in the letter the alleged debt is sold so they no longer have an interest in it. Link Financial is the creditor moving forward and you should deal with them as the letter says.

Rightly or wrongly, they can sell the disputed amount and there's nothing you can do about it. Bear in mind Link are in the business of buying debt and claiming a mark up on so there may be a risk that they look to issue legal proceedings albeit I've not seen them yet follow through.

Ford simply have a habit of selling disputed debt on to Link which is understandable since their business is to make money and not chase debt.
                      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

I agree, it may well be a waste of time, but I'd rather send & register my grievance with them than not.
                        Let's look forward to Links contact and see what they say.

Comment

Update on this. This letter arrived today, so I'll reply asking for a breakdown of the charges and see what they say next. As ever, all comments & advice gratefully received.
                          Attached Files

Comment

They have said that they will terminate the contract and collect the car. Perhaps a letter putting them right.

Comment

It's obviously a standard worded letter that they send out, as the car was collected in January. There is no car here to collect. The issue here is the alleged debt.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X