• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Charge - UKPC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charge - UKPC

Hi all,

I've recently received a NTD. I've attached the ticket and blanked out any information that identifies me to them. It's a £100 fine with £60 if I pay within 14 days. I think I'd like to appeal it with your help and see how far I get.

Some information I can give you: I was probably in the wrong, there were signs - however it was late at night (issued after 7pm) - nobody else was using the car park at the time on a Wednesday evening. I think it's disproportionate and I have not cost the company in question any money as they were closed at the time.

What is my first course of action? Do I simply wait for the NTK? By waiting for the NTK do I then invalidate my chance at paying the £60 fine?

Thanks for your help in advance.

CTM.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Charge - UKPC

Do I simply wait for the NTK? By waiting for the NTK do I then invalidate my chance at paying the £60 fine?
    Yes. The keeper should get a chance to pay £60 but might not depending on whether UKPC give a crap or not.

They should lose at popla though

M1

Comment

Thank you for such a quick reply M1. Your words have filled me with hope

I will respond to this when/if I receive the NTK. Thank you again.

Comment

In the meantime, would you like me to take a picture of the signage in the car park? Ready for when the NTK is issued?

Comment

Potentially useful and certainly won't do any harm

M1

Comment

Hello!
            The NTK has finally arrived (see attached). I went and got photos of the car park and there are signs everywhere. As you can see, it was issued at 19:40 where the shop in question would not have lost money because they close at 6.

What are my next steps?

Thanks for any help in advance.
            Attached Files

Comment

Does it state a time to appeal ?

What do the signs say ?

M1

Comment

It says:

"If appealing write to us at the address below within 28 days of receiving this letter. If we decline your appeal then POPLA is available."

The letter is dated the 18/09/2015 - although I only received it yesterday (must have been due to Royal Mail?)

I've attached the sign posting.

Thanks again for your help.
                Attached Files

Comment

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals process. The driver see any signs. Your notice states the driver agreed but quite clearly you cannot reach agreement when there is no parking available to the driver. Your notice also fails to comply with PoFA 2012 schedule 4.

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

If popla is need let me know.

M1

Comment

Hiya,

Got another letter today. I have attached it for your viewing.

Thank you for your support and help, I appreciate it massively!
                    Attached Files

Comment

File it. You have nothing further to add.

M1

Comment

Hiya,

Received a POPLA code today.

Thanks for your support, it's greatly appreciated.

Comment

Remind me in 3 weeks as it'll give us time to peruse the results from the result wave of appeals. (you get 28 days to appeal)

M1

Comment

Hiya,

I've come back. Slightly late, but hopefully it's 28 working days.

Hope it doesn't impact it.

Comment

Try and see but it's 28 days and it shouldn't work.

ctmpopla.rtf

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X