• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tandem Shopping Centre Colliers Wood ParkingEye Fine - Won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tandem Shopping Centre Colliers Wood ParkingEye Fine - Won

Hi

We have just received a fine in the post from ParkingEye for staying in the Tandem Centre Colliers Wood car park for more than 3 hours. We were officially in the car park for 3 hours and 22 minutes.

However, it took us 1 hour and 50 minutes queueing in the car to get out of the car park - it was completely gridlocked and there is a tiny entry/exit for the car park.

Obviously we are going to appeal, but how do we prove all this? We do not still have the receipt for the last transaction unfortunately.

Hope someone has some ideas! There must be hundreds of people who have also the same experience for this day - if so please reply!

thanks in advance

Steve
    Tags: None

Re: Tandem Shopping Centre Colliers Wood ParkingEye Fine

Complain to the store(s) manager.

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals process. The driver did not see any signs and was severely restricted from leaving the site due to a massive traffic backlog which took well in excess of an hour. I note your notice to keeper is fundamentally flawed when compared to PoFA 2012 schedule 4 9 in several aspects .

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

If popla is need let me know.

M1

Comment

Thanks - I will give this a try and let you know!

Many thanks

Steve

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
      Complain to the store(s) manager.

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals process. The driver did not see any signs and was severely restricted from leaving the site due to a massive traffic backlog which took well in excess of an hour. I note your notice to keeper is fundamentally flawed when compared to PoFA 2012 schedule 4 9 in several aspects .

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

If popla is need let me know.

M1

Comment

Hi Steve,

I have also received parking fine from ParkingEye for staying in the Tandem Centre Colliers Wood car park for 4 hours and 12 minutes. I live in Colliers Wood for 12 years and I am aware of the parking restrictions. However, on the 08/09 2015 I just decided I need to buy some stuff in Argos (have receipt) and TKMaxx (have receipt). I had no issue to get to the car park (I arrived at 12:07), but after finishing my TKMaxx shopping I could not believe what was happening outside.

Car park was completely full, it took me over 25 minutes just to join queues of cars waiting to leave. I got to my car at 14:25 and left at 16:20 and was fined, however there was no way I could do anything else (I almost even damaged my engine as it was overheating).

There had to be huge number of drivers being fined that and other days as issue still persists.

Would you share what steps did you take to resolve this matter?

Thanks,

Terka

Comment

Terka

Write a letter to the Parking Eye appeals department. Address is on the back of the letter. Send a letter along the lines of the example above. I sent my appeal in today, I will let you know how it goes.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by sharan View Post
            Terka

Write a letter to the Parking Eye appeals department. Address is on the back of the letter. Send a letter along the lines of the example above. I sent my appeal in today, I will let you know how it goes.

Steve
            https://www.parkingeye.co.uk/contact-us/ safer and cheaper "i am registered keeper"

M1

Comment

Hi

I sent a letter via recorded delivery and via the parking eye web site, but I have had no response from them. Should I just leave it?

Comment

Yes.

M1

Comment

I've just had a letter from ParkingEye - they have rejected my appeal. On the grounds that I overstayed the maximum time allowed. They completely disregarded the reason I gave. As a gesture of goodwill, they have extended the discount period for another 14 days!

They have told me to pay up, or appeal to POPLA, which I will do.

B*st*rds!

Comment

Any advise on how to appeal to popla and what to say would be very gratefully accepted!
                    Last edited by sharan; 11th October 2015, 13:04:PM.

Comment

Hi M1

ParkingEye have rejected (taken no notice!) of my appeal and are now demanding I pay up. "As a good will gesture" they have given me an extra 14 days to pay the "discounted" amount.

Can you give me any advice for the POPLA appeal - i.e. things to say?

Many thanks for your help

Steve

Comment

Have added you to http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...udsman-appeals

Best to wait a bit until results from the new pola come in so we can give the best chance of winning. Due 8/11 ?

M1

Comment

Date of rejection letter is 5th October. Due 2nd Nov latest I think.

Comment

Hi Steve,

I am sorry to hear that your appeal was rejected!!! I have sent my appeal letter on 28/09 and just received letter from them today that they cancelled my parking charge!!!

Here is what I wrote in my appeal letter (sorry about English

Dear Sirs,

I visited Tandem Centre in Colliers Wood on 8th September 2015 at 12:07:52pm. After visiting three shops (Argos, Boots and TkMaxx) and heading back to my car I noticed the car park was completely full of cars trying to leave. I entered my car at 14:45 and It took me almost 20 minutes just to try to join the queue of leaving cars.

There is a restriction that car drivers from Tandem Centre car park face recently: a traffic backlog due to Prince George’s road being closed (on one end Tandem Way leads to this road). This traffic backlog is further worsening by car drivers (who are leaving Tandem Centre car park) trying to merge to Tandem Way with other car drivers from the opposite car park.

I am sure that there will be a vast number of drivers (I’m in a touch with few) being fined recently as this site is just impossible to leave on time especially on weekends. Not only was it a very frustrating experience to be stuck in the car park for such a long period of time, but the traffic backlog created a serious health and safety risk for everybody as emergency vehicles would not be able to get in or out. For example, my car engine was getting constantly overheated from being in the queue for almost 2 hours.

I understand Tandem Centre have parking restrictions in their car park to prevent people parking their vehicles for a period no longer than three hours. However it is outrages to penalize customers who couldn’t get out of the car park due to a traffic backlog, which is no fault of their own and which was not appropriately managed by Tandem Centre management.

Therefore, I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals process as I was severely restricted from leaving the site due to massive traffic backlog which took almost two hours and there was no possibility for me to leave this site without overstaying the agreed parking time.

Should you reject my appeal please supply a POPLA code.

Yours,
                            xxxx

And it worked!!! And I also scanned my two out of three receipts from shops I visited that day!

Also it might be worthy to contact Tandem Centre management office ( I dont have a number, but they reside behind O2 shop)

If I could be of any help while you try to fight this stupid parking charge, let me know!!!

Good luck!

Comment

Many thanks for that, I will include reference to this in my appeal to popla. This gives me hope! Cheers

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X