• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**DISCONTINUED** Claim received from Northampton County Court Business Centre

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Claim received from Northampton County Court Business Centre

Thank you, I will get these sorted ASAP.

Comment

Am I being dumb or is there no mention on any of the paper work of the actual solicitors address? So do I send the letter to CEL addressed to him?

- - - Updated - - -

Also sorry I have another question as it is not clear how long I have to submit a defence no the Money Claim website.

Your acknowledgment of service was submitted on 14/07/2015 at 10:35:37

Your acknowledgment of service was received on 14/07/2015 at 12:00:51

So do I have 14 days from the 14th? Which means I need to submit a defence ASAP?

Comment

You get 14 days extra when you acknowledge not 14 days from when you do. The date of claim is the important one. What is that ?

M1

Comment

The issue date of the claim is the 9th July, we received it on the 10th July.

Comment

Ok plenty time now. 28 days from 10th.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by VampireG View Post
              Am I being dumb or is there no mention on any of the paper work of the actual solicitors address? So do I send the letter to CEL addressed to him?

- - - Updated - - -

Also sorry I have another question as it is not clear how long I have to submit a defence no the Money Claim website.

Where do we send these to sorry??

Comment

Phew, thanks for confirming, it is not clear is it?

Comment

Phew, thanks for confirming, it is not clear is it?
                  It is if you read the bumph

Send the things i wrote either via the address in them or the email addresses i gave unless the claim forms have other addresses for them which i believe they don't.

M1

Comment

Hi mystery1,

They are in the post, thank you.

I will keep you all updated on progress, I am guessing I won't get a response and will likely be asking for you help more to write a defence

This forum is amazing by the way and a god send to people like us.

Thank you
                    Greg

Comment

That's what i expect too. However later on when we apply pressure we'll have evidence that they behaved unreasonably which helps get our costs in full (£19 per hour etc) and they will find it harder to say it was a mistake to launch a claim they KNEW they were not entitled to bring.

I love it when people keep letters the claimants hopes they didn't. (assignment)

M1

Comment

Just a quick update, we have heard nothing from CEL thus far regarding those letters. We will probably give them to the end of the week, as we need to get our response to the court before the 5th August I believe.

Comment

Just a quick update, we have heard nothing from CEL thus far regarding those letters. We will probably give them to the end of the week, as we need to get our response to the court before the 5th August I believe.
                          Monday should be good for me to do the defence. :okay:

M1

Comment

You are a star sir Thank you.

Comment

Hi all,

So here we are a week later and no response regarding the letters we sent them. We need to submit our defence by the 5th, so any help here would be appreciated.

I am assuming we follow the same sort of lines, of the debt is actually not theirs to ask for, and also the amount they are asking does not correlate to any paperwork we have ever received.

Thanks for the support we have had for you.

Comment

On it soon

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X