• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DEAL - Chelmsford County Court Monday 16th March 15 - won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEAL - Chelmsford County Court Monday 16th March 15 - won

I parked in the COOP stores at Rochford, Essex on 4th August 2012 never having been there before. I was not aware of any signs concerning parking restrictions. My wife and i had a short walk around the town as i had been born there and lived there for many years, just to see what changes had taken place over the years since we married. We obtained cash from the bank and then went shopping in the Coop and bought our weekly shop of groceries whilst we were there.
    A few weeks later, i got the first of many letters from CEL and like many otheres, decided to ignore if after reading blogs on the internet. However, idid respond informing them that i had shpped there and wasn't aware of time restrictions etc.
    To cut a long story short, this has gone on for over 2yrs and i am due to attend Chelmsford cc on 16th March 2015.
    Like many others, my paperwork is identical to many of those posted including the elusive Mr M Shwarts and also includes the intimidating last letter stating fees/costs etc have reached £545.00 reduced to £215.00 if i pay within 14days.
    Having read so many others being in the same position has helped me through so far, but obviously, i am concerned as DEAL/CEL have paid the court fees and i realise this is going to be heard and i am not a solicitor and have no experience in a county court.
    Thank you everyone and i will keep you posted on how it goes on Monday.
    Tags: None

Re: DEAL - Chelmsford County Court Monday 16th March 15

If you want a few pointers, in case they actually turn up which is far from guaranteed but might happen, post up the claim, defence etc with personal info.

M1

Comment

Thanks for that.
      I have cheated a bit really, as i have used parts of several other posters staements etc and a partial skeleton statement from Parkingappealsltd who unfortunately, ceased trading recently before giving me further advice. I paid the £25 fee to them and luckily, i have just had a partial refund from Paypal. Plus some ideas that The Prankster posted on his blogs.
      Do you want me to post the whole lot? It is the exact same as a member already posted on site - 6pages - including a picture of a sign that is nothing like the one at the COOP where incident took place. Some of their paperwork was signed by the elusive Mr M SHWARTS .....
      Also i asked DEAL?CEL for copies of alleged photos of my car entering/exiting the car park, but have not received them.
      I am a newbie to forums, so if you do still want me to send all my paperwork, i will do so and any advice/help would be most helpful.
      Thank you just for listening and letting me share my problems with others and to be here to maybe help them too - just by talking.
      Regards
      oldsxman

Comment

Originally posted by oldsxman View Post
        I Parkingappealsltd who unfortunately, ceased trading recently before giving me further advice. I paid the £25 fee to them and luckily, i have just had a partial refund from Paypal.
        So frustrating when people who you go to for help just end up screwing you over as well.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yes, especially when i needed it most, when i first got the paperwork telling it was going to be heard in the courts.....
          I have to admit it was a low point for me, but reading other peoples posts has helped

Comment

Glad you found your way to carry on with it xx

I think if their Witness Statement and document bundle is the same as others its not necessary to post up, but M1 will shout if he wants it.

Can you post up your Defence pls. xx

( is it a two hours sign they've put in the bundle ? and was your time under 2 hours ?)
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I haven't actually written a defence, i was relying on a verbal one on the day ...
              1. I never saw any signs and the first i knew of such a thing was when i recd the PCN.
              2. I was shopping in the COOP stores and purchased our weekly grocery shop whilst there.
              3. I am not familiar with this Rochford - I was born and raised there, but left over 40yrs ago and was just visiting the town to see all the changes that have taken in the intervening years. I was advised by local council warden to park there as i could do shopping at same time.
              4. I have since been back and taken photos of approach in interior and exit of the car park showing poor signage and dimly lit parking area.
              That and playing it by ear as i am not used to county court procedures etc. I just didn't/don't know what to say really

Comment

Oops. Missed your bit about the 2hr sign. Yes, it is the 2hr sign they put in the bundle but it is nothing like the sign on show at the Coop where incident took place. I have taken a picture of it and working it out by the size of bricks surrounding it, it would appear to be made up of letters approx 2 - 3 inches as a brick is 9x4x2 inches, so you would need to be able to read the sign high up on a wall, the opposite side of lanes when entering car park down a 2 way ramp - impossible to read whilst driving.

Comment

Sorry, I bumped your other post not realising this one was on the go!

I have cheated a bit really, as i have used parts of several other posters staements etc
                  Don’t worry about that as it is hardly cheating. - I have been doing the same myself all evening and I know how hard it is.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
                  ~ Anonymous

Comment

Okay did you not write anything on the form from the court ? Probably this bit ''i have used parts of several other posters staements etc and a partial skeleton statement'' when you replied to the claim form?
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

As i didn't/don't know what to say at such times, all i did was sent a basic statement of defence as originally sent to me by Parkingappealsltd on 28/11/14 (3 pages) and further Amended statement of defence as 'Poached' from other subscribers to the internet (8 pages) on 26/2/15 but i haven't given what i would call a statement .. ie: What i was doing etc
                      Guess i have messed up ......

Comment

Can scan everything and put it up please ? It really will help give the best advice. Remove name address etc but leave in dates.

M1

Comment

As i didn't/don't know what to say at such times, all i did was sent a basic statement of defence as originally sent to me by Parkingappealsltd on 28/11/14 (3 pages) and further Amended statement of defence as 'Poached' from other subscribers to the internet (8 pages) on 26/2/15 but i haven't given what i would call a statement .. ie: What i was doing etc
                          Guess i have messed up ......
                          not necessarily, but you do need to get the info up so if there is an issue we ( well M1) can help you get it sorted.

If you struggle to post it up then it's fine to email me instead admin@legalbeagles.info xx
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi, I am sorry but not much good with PCs, so I sent all details via email as i couldn't work out how to post it all on the site. I wasn't able to remove all my details from some of the papers, but i have nothing to hide so it doesn't matter if these details are shown, especially, if my mistakes etc help others not to do the same things as me.
                            Thank you

Comment

Hi, I am sorry but not much good with PCs, so I sent all details via email as i couldn't work out how to post it all on the site. I wasn't able to remove all my details from some of the papers, but i have nothing to hide so it doesn't matter if these details are shown, especially, if my mistakes etc help others not to do the same things as me.
                              Thank you
                              I'm sure [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] will sort the personal info for you.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X