• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

SARS agreements etc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SARS agreements etc

IF a claim has been issued then LOWELLS solicitors cannot put cases on hold,, the court system rules;- ignore their hold mis leading comment, they hope you believe them that the case has stopped for now, it has not, they hope to get a CCJ against you by default.

They can produce at a later date down the line but not too far down,

Comment

Originally posted by Pippincat View Post
      Hi charity I haven't yet as iv only just recieved it not sure how to fill it in ... I wanted to know if this email from lowells saying they would send me documents on the debt can be used from that date as I have it in black and white them saying they would get the documents from the oc and send to me while they were doing that they said they hav placed the acct on hold what do I do use this letter as evidence which means they hav run out of time thanks
      The form is fairly simple & has guidance notes.
      Give a bit of thought as to which court venue you'd prefer. It may be that a nearby one might have better facilities (parking/shopping etc) compared to your 'local' one.
      The court has final say as to where the hearing will be.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks charity regarding form ...do I send a copy of this letter that lowells sent me by email as they haven't sent any documents and it's gone by the time allowed 12 days to the court with any other evidence of being statured barred don't know what I do regarding that as this debt is deffo statured barred thanks

Comment

I haven't sent any paperwork to the court as yet just filled in the defence form and I will be doing the directions form tomorrow do I send them all other evidence I have as well thanks

Comment

The N180 form is purely to express a preferred venue for the hearing, to ensure the address for serving documents to you is correct, whether you are agreeable to mediation etc.
            It's not for any raising any legal points or arguments.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hi do I send evidence of this debt being statured barred to the court surely they need to know so it doesn't commence to a hearing this should not even be going to court this debt

Comment

Hi do I send evidence of this debt being statured barred to the court surely they need to know so it doesn't commence to a hearing this should not even be going to court this debt
                It's not necessary to send anything with the DQ.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hi all iv recieved a so called agreement from lowells not the original just a photocopy of it last payment was 31/12/09 so I obviously have paid nothing since January 2010 iv had no contact with shop direct in all this time either but lowells are claiming it defaulted march 2012 almost 2 years from when i last made payment and hence trying to use this default date as the last cause of action so they are saying the 6 year limitation fund from 2012 to 2018 thanks everyone

Comment

Hi all iv recieved a so called agreement from lowells not the original just a photocopy of it last payment was 31/12/09 so I obviously have paid nothing since January 2010 iv had no contact with shop direct in all this time either but lowells are claiming it defaulted march 2012 almost 2 years from when i last made payment and hence trying to use this default date as the last cause of action so they are saying the 6 year limitation fund from 2012 to 2018 thanks everyone
                    You can still argue that the start of the relevant 6 year period is the date when payments ceased, the claim that the default date is relevant comes from
                    an Appeal Court decision in BMW Finance Ltd - v - Hart which was in regard to a hire purchase agreement Not a simple contract such as this claim.

Please post a copy of what you have received from Lowell after removing all personal information.

nem

Comment

Hi nem the agreement has not got my signature on it , it's just been printed off with my name and address at the top

- - - Updated - - -

It's a reconstituted one

Comment

Hi nem the agreement has not got my signature on it , it's just been printed off with my name and address at the top

- - - Updated - - -

It's a reconstituted one
                        Please post a copy (s) of all that you have received it may well not meet the requirements of a CCA request.

nem

Comment

Hi nem how do I post it on here iv taken pics of them but don't know how to get it on here thanks

Comment

Hi nem how do I post it on here iv taken pics of them but don't know how to get it on here thanks
                            Hi I'll get some help for you from a lady who knows all the " tricks"!!
                            [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] can you help please?

nem

Comment

They have said in a letter it defaulted 20th march 2012 then on this other letter it says 13th Feb 2012 and they bought it 24th march 2012 none of it add up . The last payment was 31/12/2009 and no acknowledgement to shop direct since then just seems a lot of different dates for the default and so late also near when they bought it

Comment

They have said in a letter it defaulted 20th march 2012 then on this other letter it says 13th Feb 2012 and they bought it 24th march 2012 none of it add up . The last payment was 31/12/2009 and no acknowledgement to shop direct since then just seems a lot of different dates for the default and so late also near when they bought it

Emm sounds rather concerning Pippin, I'll read all of the thread again in the morning and get back to you.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X