• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PRA Group need help!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PRA Group need help!!

Hi Guys,

I too am being harassed by PRA group and would welcome any help/expertise on the matter if possible.

I did post my own thread but no-one commented so could I be as cheeky as to post a link here as I see many people have commented and help the original poster here.

Apologies if this is against the rules :-/

anyway here is the link: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...514#post651514

Comment

Thank you so much, you have put my mind at ease for now. I am so glad for this forum, everyone's help is appreciated, thanks again.
      Belle

Comment

Hi, after hearing nothing from PRA since Dec I've now received a letter offering me a discount if I pay the balance in full or I can make six monthly payments of £2000. The reason I'm in this predicament is because I couldn't afford the monthly payments so why they think I can afford what they are offering is baffling!
        Should I write to them again with the letter I was advised to write? Or do I offer them a payment I could afford each month which would be £50, not what they are hoping for but the best I could do at this time.
        Thanks
        belle

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
        No don't do their work for them just something along the lines of.

Sir/ Madam,

Date

Ref: use theirs

Sir/ Madam,

I ma in receipt of a document purporting to be a true copy of the agreement relating to the alleged debt for £ xxx.xx arising from an account with.......................:

This document is refuted as non compliant with my request made on date. I am sure PRA Group is full aware that this document in not compliant.

Yours etc.

nem
        this is the letter I'm referring too
        thanks
        belle

Comment

Originally posted by Belle123 View Post
          Hi, after hearing nothing from PRA since Dec I've now received a letter offering me a discount if I pay the balance in full or I can make six monthly payments of £2000. The reason I'm in this predicament is because I couldn't afford the monthly payments so why they think I can afford what they are offering is baffling!
          Should I write to them again with the letter I was advised to write? Or do I offer them a payment I could afford each month which would be £50, not what they are hoping for but the best I could do at this time.
          Thanks
          belle

- - - Updated - - -

this is the letter I'm referring too
          thanks
          belle
          Hello Belle

I suspect that they are fully aware they have nowt to back up their claim so a desperate plea for money i.e. please pay us even though we can't prove you owe anything or we'll cry!!

Yes send the letter Belle, just add that you do not acknowledge any liability to the PRA Group at the bottom of it.

nem

Comment

Thank you nem, I will get that sent off.
            Belle

Comment

Hi all,
              ive received a reply from PRA which I've hopefully uploaded. What should I do next? Also I got the letter today but it's dated Oct 19th, do the 30 days on hold apply from that date or from now?
              Kind Regards
              Belle
              Attached Files

Comment

Don't worry, that is a standard threatogram where they try and say they have complied with all their duties. You do not have to fill in their Income & Expenditure form and you can ignore their meaningless reference to a 30 day hold. The account has effectively been 'on hold' for ages now. Nothing significant is going to happen after 30 days. Personally I would ignore that letter but keep an eye out for any letters referencing an escalation to court action. Come straight to us if they threaten anything further.
                "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Thanks for the reply Celestine, I will wait and see what arrives.
                  Bella

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X