• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PRA Group need help!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PRA Group need help!!

Originally posted by Belle123 View Post
    Hi, can anyone tell me what the next step is now? Do I write and offer them a payment I could afford each month?
    Thanks
    Belle
    There is no section 11?
    If so then the agreement is faulty.
    PRA are notorious for poor paper work.
    My eyes are not good enough to make sense
    of the documents perhaps [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] will
    take another look.

nem

Comment

The writing on the pages are quite blurred so that's why the pics didn't come out clear ��
      On the reverse side of the signature form it says these are paragraphs 1,2&3 of your terms and conditions, the rest of your t&c's (paragraph 4 to 19) can be found in the full copy. ( they must have sent that at the time but I won't have it as it was 11 years ago when I got the card)
      Underneath where it says important you should read this carefully -your rights is all regarding paragraphs 1-3.
      On the signature form it says Before you sign this agreement you must read section 11 in the t&c's's provided, so that's the only number that is mentioned above 3, hope this makes sense.
      thanks
      Belle

Comment

Can anyone advice what to do now please?
        Belle

Comment

@nemisis45?

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
            [MENTION=1937]nemisis[/MENTION]?
            Thanks for that mike but that person hasn't been active since 2012?
            Belle

Comment

Thanks for that mike but that person hasn't been active since 2012?
              Belle
              I think Mike was referring to me Belle [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION]

If the documents provided now mention any other documents, clauses or pages that are not
              included the agreement fails to comply.

nem

Comment

Thanks, so do I write back to PRA asking for the full t&c's?
                Belle

Comment

Thanks, so do I write back to PRA asking for the full t&c's?
                  Belle
                  No don't do their work for them just something along the lines of.

Sir/ Madam,

Date

Ref: use theirs

Sir/ Madam,

I ma in receipt of a document purporting to be a true copy of the agreement relating to the alleged debt for £ xxx.xx arising from an account with.......................:

This document is refuted as non compliant with my request made on date. I am sure PRA Group is full aware that this document in not compliant.

Yours etc.

nem

Comment

Thank you, I will get that sent off and post my reply when I receive it.
                    Belle

Comment

Hi, it's now June and I've not heard anything back from PRA group since I last sent them a letter in Dec. What do you think is happening? I just hate having this debt hanging over my head and would like it sorting out. Should I write to them to enquire or wait until they contact me? I just don't want to be sent a court letter when I could try and offer them a payment each month.
                      thanks,
                      Belle

Comment

Could anyone advice please?
                        Thanks
                        Belle

Comment

You have had no contact at all since December when you sent the letter?

If so, then your letter has helped. It would be normal for the debt demands to continue.

Don't do anything. You have exercised your rights as a consumer to be sent a copy of the agreement under s.78 CCA 1974, they have failed in their duties as creditor to comply. If/when they try to enforce this will be a problem for them and you would have grounds to defend. Eventually (6yrs from last payment) the account could become time barred under the Limitation Act 1980.
                          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Hello Belle,

As [MENTION=2]Celestine[/MENTION] says do nothing I suspect that they are aware that their " agreement " supplied is faulty and are now more likely to sell the debt off to another unsuspecting bunch.

You do need to keep an eye on your post if anything does come up get back here asap.

nem

Comment

Hi, thank you both for your replies. Yes I have heard nothing since December, no phone calls or letters! Could you please give me the worse scenario of what they can do to reclaim the credit card debt? I'm scared that they could take my house or send the bailiffs round, sorry to trouble you but I just can't relax at the moment wondering what they are up to or if they are just gonna turn up at my home.
                              Thanks
                              Belle.

Comment

Please don't worry. They cannot do ANYTHING to enforce this debt without first going to court. That would take several months during which time we would help you defend any claim.

Only IF they get a successful judgment could they think about a charging order (to attach debt to any owned home). You could also argue to make an arrangement to pay over time, so truly there is nothing to fear here.

I have never ever seen bailiffs used in credit debt cases, they tend to only be used by councils to collect council tax and parking fines.
                                "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X