• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Parking Eye

Hi tickedoff & a warm welcome to Legal Beagles.

The 'Parking Eye' experts are probably catching up on their beauty sleep at the moment, but I'm sure you'll get replies later in the morning.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by tickedoff View Post
      Agreed!! Firstly, what a wonderful site this is and secondly, I just got a letter from them with lots of legal gobbledegook and saying, (quote), 'don't believe what you read on the forums'!! The cheek of it!!!!!

I've got as far as POPLA because I'd already responded to them before I found this site. I 'appealed' and told them that they needed to respond to me at my foreign address as I was only visiting the UK temporarily and I didn't expect to hear any more from them but I really do wonder if they'll be foolish enough to try court proceedings against someone who isn't even in the country. Do they think I will care?

Start a thread and put in all the letters/notices and your appeal minus personal details but including dates.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by Barry S
        Hi Guys,
        This is my first posting so please go easy on me...Just received a letter this morning from a company calling themselves Smart Parking Ltd but also trading as Town and City Parking. They are based at: 5 South Inch Business Centre, Shore Road in Perth PH2 8BW.
        I have just received a letter from them informing me that: The contravention in question is Over Free Time. This is supported by 2 photos of my vehicles and the arrival/leaving times printed underneath.
        They would like me to pay £90.00 or if I stump up £45.00 over the next 14 days they will be kind enough to levy the £10.00 adminstration costs.
        This car park is opposite the local ALDI store who are currently using PARKING EYE to upset their customers.

Could anybody offer me some advice on who this company is please ?? after reading many threads I am wondering if this company operate in the same way as PE and that I should just ignore the onslaught of threatening letters which im sure will follow over the next few months.

Thanks

A thread has been started for you.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...rt-Parking-Ltd

M1

Comment

Hello all

I am back, as I said I would be, if there were any developments and due to the nature of this thread I am sure yo ucan guess that i am back as I have recieved a Claim Form from Northampton County Court. They want £165 now which includes the amount claimed, court fee and solicitor costs.

To recap, I gave my boyfriend my car and he overstayed in a car park. The car park is a free and he overstayed by about 30mins. I ignored all letters as advised (my choice to obviously do this) and I am back to know ask - WHAT THE HELL DO I DO!!!?:tinysmile_cry_t:

My old mum obviously heard swearing and all sorts of cursing from the front door where I was reading this document and now she said "sod it i am paying it i do not want debt collectors coming to my home because you were stupid enough to give your boyfriend your car".

Comment

Originally posted by SK13 View Post
            Hello all

I am back, as I said I would be, if there were any developments and due to the nature of this thread I am sure yo ucan guess that i am back as I have recieved a Claim Form from Northampton County Court. They want £165 now which includes the amount claimed, court fee and solicitor costs.

To recap, I gave the driver my car and they overstayed in a car park. The car park is a free and they overstayed by about 30mins. I ignored all letters as advised (my choice to obviously do this) and I am back to know ask - WHAT THE HELL DO I DO!!!?:tinysmile_cry_t:

My old mum obviously heard swearing and all sorts of cursing from the front door where I was reading this document and now she said "sod it i am paying it i do not want debt collectors coming to my home because you were stupid enough to give the driver your car".

I suggest you change all references to the driver to "the driver" as i did when i quoted your post.

Start your own thread and put up all the letters/notices (redacting your details).

Are they going after "the driver" or the registered keeper (sounds like they're coming after you as registered keeper) ?

Who owns the carpark ?

M1
            Last edited by mystery1; 11th July 2013, 15:04:PM.

Comment

I have been issued with a Parking Charge Notice from 'Parking Eye' for £100 or £60 if paid early. It would seem i overstayed on the car park despite spending over £50 on the retail park. Am I forced to pay this or should I ignore their demands for payment? I am not sure where I stand with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojo0407 View Post
                I have been issued with a Parking Charge Notice from 'Parking Eye' for £100 or £60 if paid early. It would seem the driver overstayed on the car park despite spending over £50 on the retail park. Am I forced to pay this or should I ignore their demands for payment? I am not sure where I stand with this.
                Contact the store you spent most with and get them to cancel.

Change all references to the driver to "the driver" and never admit who was the driver.

Should the store fail to get the ticket cancelled then write an appeal to parking eye, without letting them know who the driver is, and when they tell you to get lost come back start a thread ad post up the notice to keeper and any letters and we'll appeal to popla.

M1

Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my question, i have read through a number of the above situations but can't find any similar cases to my own.

I have today received a letter from Parking Eye requesting payment of £100.00 which states among other things as it`s reasons

"By either not purchasing the appropriate parking time or by remaining at the car park for longer than the permitted, in accordance with the terms and conditions set out in the signage, the parking charge is now payable to parking eye ltd (as the creditor)"

now this is where it get's a little different or at least it seems too. The car park in question has an ANPR style system in operation which captures your number plate upon arrival and departure. As a rule and a frequent user of the car park i park up in the morning and pay upon my return and have never had a problem. There was nothing different this day as a paid at night as normal got my ticket and left the carpark in my car and went home.

All was fine until today when i received the above letter in reference to the parking charge. Upon reading this letter i went to dig through my parking tickets to find proof that i had paid. Thankfully i found the ticket although it look as if the parking machine has not taken the full payment, a full days parking is £3.20 and the ticket is for only £3.00. Please tell me by the fact of not checking the correct sum had been credited or the machine rejecting the 20 pence piece they can now expect me to foot a £100.00 charge for an underpayment of 20 pence . even though i know the parking cost are £3.20 and i take the correct change due to the machine not giving change.

what make this situation a little more confusing and maybe added to my confusion is the fact that the valid parking time is indicated as until 20:55, although i can now only presume that this is presuming you are paying your parking on arrival and not on departure like i was at 17:56.

I understand that to blank letters is the given i would like to meet their letter with a returning letter giving them the information i have and then hopping they will drop the issue. Please advise on what action i should take if any.

Comment

If Parking Eye are misrepresenting facts, that is serious and, potentially, amounts to Attempted Fraud by False Misrepresentation. From what the OP has said, Parking Eye is entitled to £1.25 at the very most.
                    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by robbhp View Post
                      Thank you for taking the time to read my question, i have read through a number of the above situations but can't find any similar cases to my own.

I have today received a letter from Parking Eye requesting payment of £100.00 which states among other things as it`s reasons

"By either not purchasing the appropriate parking time or by remaining at the car park for longer than the permitted, in accordance with the terms and conditions set out in the signage, the parking charge is now payable to parking eye ltd (as the creditor)"

now this is where it get's a little different or at least it seems too. The car park in question has an ANPR style system in operation which captures your number plate upon arrival and departure. As a rule and a frequent user of the car park i park up in the morning and pay upon my return and have never had a problem. There was nothing different this day as a paid at night as normal got my ticket and left the carpark in my car and went home.

All was fine until today when i received the above letter in reference to the parking charge. Upon reading this letter i went to dig through my parking tickets to find proof that i had paid. Thankfully i found the ticket although it look as if the parking machine has not taken the full payment, a full days parking is £3.20 and the ticket is for only £3.00. Please tell me by the fact of not checking the correct sum had been credited or the machine rejecting the 20 pence piece they can now expect me to foot a £100.00 charge for an underpayment of 20 pence . even though i know the parking cost are £3.20 and i take the correct change due to the machine not giving change.

what make this situation a little more confusing and maybe added to my confusion is the fact that the valid parking time is indicated as until 20:55, although i can now only presume that this is presuming you are paying your parking on arrival and not on departure like i was at 17:56.

I understand that to blank letters is the given i would like to meet their letter with a returning letter giving them the information i have and then hopping they will drop the issue. Please advise on what action i should take if any.

How does the time on the ticket compare to the parking charge notice ?

How many days from parking until today ?

M1

Comment

Do these machines need regular checks for accuracy?
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                          Do these machines need regular checks for accuracy?
                          There have been cases where Pay & Display machines have been found to be rigged, by rejecting certain types of coins. The ticket machine in the OP's case may need to be checked. Trading Standards would be the best people to deal with that. Also, ANPR evidence cannot, in itself, be deemed to be reliable. It is too easy to abuse and misuse.
                          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                            How does the time on the ticket compare to the parking charge notice ?

How many days from parking until today ?

M1
                            This is what is very confusing about the ticket. I have for the last few years always parked my car in the morning and paid when i go to collect my car in the evening which i have used for the past 18 month without any issues (admittedly this is not every day but about once a month). When you come to pay at the end of the day you place your registration into the meter and then place your parking charge into the said meter. Now i have never noticed this before but it starts to add hours almost as if it has no idea when you arrived in the carpark. So looking at past tickets it starts to credit time when you are paying not from when you arrive if that makes sense. again though i have used this method of payment before and never had an issue as the system seems to sort its neck out.

On this occasion it's different as it looks as the machine has either rejected the 20 pence or not credited it and then i have asked for the ticket without checking that the correct payment has been credited against my ticket, which it has not as i have only paid £3.00 not £3.20 for the full day. Do they not have to prove that the machine in question did not reject or did not accept the funds in question on that day ?

Comment

Sorry i think i may have misunderstood your question, the ANPR arrival and departure time are more than likely accurate from my recollection.

Comment

Originally posted by robbhp View Post
                                Sorry i think i may have misunderstood your question, the ANPR arrival and departure time are more than likely accurate from my recollection.
                                Not quite the answer to my question.
                                Do they need to be checked for accuracy?
                                (If they do, there is usually some kind of compliance certificate issued)
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X