• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN letter received 30 days after contravention

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The £60 offer is a sop to the court to show they were genuinely trying to come to an agreement without going to court.

Actually it is a commercial decision to get your money.
    Even if they win in court, they will need to employ a person who has right of audience.
    This will probably cost them more than they can recover in court even if they win
    They hope you will be stressed enough by now that you will prefer to pay them £60 rather than have the expense & stress of a day in court

I understand Armtrac do initiate claims, but they also lose

Comment

Have you heard of claims being submitted for below 10 minutes? 30 minutes unpaid parking I can understand that a court case would be pretty undefendable.

Comment

I have read of one case where the defendant claimed to have been parked less than 3 minutes and lost!
        However the circumstances differed from yours in that a Notice to Driver was left on the windscreen, and in a witness statement the parking attendant claimed to have observed the vehicle parked for 20 minutes.
        They can't pull a fast one like that on you as their NTK specifies the time in the park.

Comment

Unfortunately I have paid £60, but this whole industry is absolutely wrong. How these parking laws were ever passed is unbelievable. I feel for someone having to choose between paying these joke PCN's or feeding their kids, or somebody suffering with mental health and getting harassed with letters. The work your doing on here is great, thanks for your help.

Comment

Thank you for letting us know your decision, which I quite understand

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X