• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking court claim

Had a parking ticket a 09.22, ignored everything Ive been sent.

It was in a business centre at night time (around 8 p.m.), almost empty car park (although I’ve seen some other cars also have got tickets). Didn’t see any signs, will attach some google maps screenshots and coppy of the letter. Any chance I can appeal it now or its better just to pay?

Cant upload any photos by some reason
    • You are not authorized to create or remove attachments. (no_create_permissions_attach)

Tags: None

Google maps screenshots
    Attached Files

Comment

Coppy of the letter
      Attached Files

Comment

Also I think it must be free for at least 2 hours when I was parked for less, but need to check this

Comment

That 'letter' is a County Court Claim Form! You are being sued.
          Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

So what should I do now?

Comment

Acknowledge service, and give all the information in this post: https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...before-posting
              Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

If you want to dispute the claim you
                1) acknowledge claim form, tick box you intend to defend but do not enter a defence
                2) send SAR to National Parking
                3)send CPR 31.14 request to solicitors

Templates for 2) & 3) can be found in SHORTCUTS panel on right of this page. They will need amending for your circumstances
                Do not identify the driver

Comment

Is it worth of it? Do I have any chances? Can I make it worse? (

Comment

Your choice.

Comment

You can't make it worse, but if we have sight of the paperwork we might see where they do not comply with the statute, and so point you to a full defence
                      Also their charge of £70 contractual is not possible if they are suing you as keeper, so you can get that removed!

Comment

Ok, thank you. Will come back as soon as I get anything from them.

Comment

What documents should I list in CPR? Contract only? Or something else?

Particulars of claim:

The driver of the vehicle with registration

(the 'Vehicle') parked in breach of the terms of parking stipulated on the signage (the 'Contract) at Moulton Park Centre, on 09/2022 thus incurring the parking charge (the 'PCN'). The PCN was not paid within 28 days of issue. The Claimant claims the unpaid PC from the Defendant as the driver/keeper of the Vehicle. Despite demands being made, the Defendant has failed to settle their outstanding liability. THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS

£100 for the PC, £70.00 contractual costs pursuant to the Contract and PC terms and conditions, together with statutory interest of £12.46 pursuant to s69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at 8.00% per annum, continuing at £0.04 per day.

Comment

You ask for copy of the signage and the PCN.

If you live near enough it might be worth going back to make a note of where the signs are (I can see one at the base of the 5mph sign). There should be plenty around so as to be unmissable, and the one at the entrance should be easily visible to the driver!)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X