• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCBC claim letter for a 4 year PCN .. how can I defend myself, please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCBC claim letter for a 4 year PCN .. how can I defend myself, please

Hi

I received a letter from a parking company requesting only for a PCN in a retail park I worked at 4 years ago.. with no photo , just the amount of £150 , I disputed it , as I had free parking as staff , and have not had a single letter since 2016.. I was entitled to free parking as staff and also had my old employer email also to state that I had free parking as park of the lease contract with carphone warehouse.

they sent me 2 letters then , similar to the first about court etc, I replied and said I will not be paying as it’s unfair and due to mitigating circumstances with me working as an employee etc I don’t need to pay this. It’s unjust.

ive now received a letter from CCBC with me needing to respond in 14 days. With the charges coming to £292 ... it’s unreal, I can’t believe it. I’ve tried to be civil but it’s just not working.

they have a small section to fill for my defence but I’m worried it’s not enough.

Whats is the best way to tackle this please I’m awful with this stuff it makes me so anxious.

I worked at the retail park as a manager In The phone shop never had an issue with parking , never received a letter in 4 years , not a single photo of the fine even when I requested it .
    no initial PCN price just £150 out of nowhere , it’s unjustifiable.
    ive provided proof I worked at the centre , I’ve had employer state I had parking in my contract. No letters , and then 3 letters and a court letter.

what’s the best way to fight this ... I feel like I shouldn’t just roll over and take it .. it’s unfair.

many help would be amazing thank you

Tags: None

ostell

Comment

Respond to the court by acknowledging the claim on or shortly after day 5 using the details and password on the form. Nothing in the defence. This gives you 33 days from the date of issue to get your defence to the court.

Have you still got the original paperwork? When was the date of the alleged breach?

SAR to the parking company requesting all the paperwork they have concerning ing you and your car.

CPR 31.14 request to the solicitor requesting the PCN and images of the sign that created the alleged contract

Templates in the shortcuts panel

Comment

I have emailed DBL legal numerous times requesting photos , etc .. expressed the reasons why the PCN is unjustified. they denied me photos and said they don’t need to issue them as I didn’t request in my first initial letter.

i have only received a letter stating pay £150 by this date , for this PCN , and that’s it. Never had a previous letter until 2020. From a PCN in 2016.

I emailed requesting this info in my previous email , and I didn’t receive anything and just got this letter then. They’ve also added in the claim that “the driver agreed to pay Within 28 days but did not , despite requests the PCN is outstanding.

now I have never replied saying I would pay, this is untrue.

the initial PCN was for 09/04/2016

and only in late 2020 did I receive a letter about this. Which led me believe it was a kind of scam. But I emailed the company anyhow and requested this info. But have not requested to high view parking limited only the solicitors (debt firm) DBL legal.

Comment

Ps - I have a photo of the original letter , but not the original paper work . But I have the photo front and back

Comment

Let's seeit

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	8652962E-107B-40B7-B257-6941E8F3540B.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	1575153Click image for larger version

Name:	DE9B3FD1-29C8-4794-8FF0-B59A552A00A5.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	1575152

Comment

This was their reply to me requesting information regarding photos etc.
                Attached Files

Comment

Block out details cover reference numbers and name address
                  Last edited by MIKE770; 29th April 2021, 20:24:PM.

Comment

Ok so I SAR the company, and sent the other to the solicitor.
                    what’s best plan of action with contacting the CCBC ?

what’s the best avenue to use please ?

also is they’re anything I can use as ref for help with writing my defence.

thank you so much guys

Comment

Did you fully read post #3 ?

Look around for parking defences and modify

Comment

Hi thank you , I did yes. I have requested exactly what you said to both, I’m acknowledging the letter from CCBC now , and just not sure what to do from the courts side is all? Sorry if I come across a bit dumb this is a new language to me.

i am reading some use the form fill it out an send it back for defence and some are doing it online , I’ll do some scouting now today on here and see if I can find some kind of template but what would he the best plan of action from here ..

Comment

If you use the form there is a limit on the characters you can use and the formatting goes to pot. You create a document and convert it to a PDF, including your signature and email it to the court.

Comment

Update ... DCBL got back to my data request and have sent me the following ..

”dear mr ...

We write further to your request for evidence.

In due course, the Court will order that both parties file and serve all evidence they intend to rely on. We confirm you will therefore receive all relevant evidence in advance of the hearing.

Please find attached all evidence we currently have on file.

Kind Regards,

Attached Files

Comment

I have cut out my old address in each one, but all of these have gone to a very old address.

do I have grounds to fight this?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X