• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCBC claim letter for a 4 year PCN .. how can I defend myself, please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update !!
    COUNTY COURT CLAIM DEFENCE DRAFT .

hi guys I hope your well, here is my first draft of my defence with my claim ready for your critique.

Attached Files

Comment

ostell

Comment

It is too large. The judge has to read it, don't bore the pants off him.

Evidence goes in with your witness statement later. Sufficient to mention that you have it

Comment

NEW UPDATE !! DCB LEGAL letter.
          so I have completed moneyclaim info, had response from court that they have received my defence and has been sent to DCBLEGAL - I have had nothing for a week or so. And today I received this letter

Attached Files

Comment

ostell Unfortunately I did send the boring long letter , but being a newbie to this I thought it would be ok, I didn’t see the message till a lot later. But what is best plan of action now ? Any advice is amazing thanks guys

Comment

Ignore the letter, unless you wish to settle, and wait for your own copy of the directions questionnaire which you complete and one copy to the court and another to DCBL

Start preparing your witness statement

Comment

ostell thanks for your reply, what’s the difference with my defence vs my witness statement?

Comment

Also to add. In the questionnaire they stated they would want mediation. In your experience is it best to ignore and just fight this till the end ?

Comment

a court expects "Save as to courts Time" that an attempt to medicate takes place, so state "yes". standard court procedure. best you look around the site and get an idea what mediation trys to achieve and the reasons it cannot take place.

Comment

Witness Statements adjust to suit

Comment

MIKE770 thank you, I am still waiting to receive my questionnaire from the court? Does it usually take a lot longer than when you receive it from the opposing side ?

move got DB legals copy, but nothing has been sent to me regarding me opting to mediate etc? It did say I should reply within 7 days to DCB legal to settle , but I’m not settling as they want. As it’s not my fault any of this. So I’m curious if it’s just a waiting game now or will I just be invited to court next?

Comment

can take while due to staffing and covid etc, some solicitors try it on and send before courts copy, to unearth people or fool them! they try it on 7 days to settle ? see the meaning of trying to off balance you? sse #36 above bu ostelle

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X