• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Another parking charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another parking charge

Hello,

During the summer, my partner popped into a motorway services to check her satnav as she was lost, and message her friend to confirm postcode. She was in and out pretty quick, 5 minutes at most.

She carried on her journey to the destination, an outdoor birthday party for a friends kid.

Following the time at the party, she went to her second leg of her jouney and ended up pulling into the same services to adjust location again. In and out.

A few weeks later a letter from CP plus comes saying she had stayed for over 3 hours, which isn’t possible because of she was at the party.

They provided pictures of entering and exiting at the two separate visits.

She replied and told them she was not there for that amount of time (in hindsight we should have seeker guidance here!), they provided no further little evidence and directed to POPLA.

Again, without really seeking guidance, a POPLA claim was made.

She submitted her statement; what happened, where she was, a screenshot of text exchange with her friend (I’m lost but on my way etc), advised witness statements could be gathered.

Parking company submitted a dump of information and ANPR info, showing the in/out but nothing in between. The information also didn’t show any short in/out information either for other vehicles.

POPLA eventually replied after 2-3 months a few days before Christmas. Declined the appeal.

POPLA made no reference to anything we had submitted, just sided with ANPR, despite double dips being a common thing.

So, we’ve received another letter today, advising as it’s 28 days later, the fine has now increased and further action will be taken if we don’t pay in 14 days.

So, what can we do now? Do we attempt to write to the company? Do we ignore it?

Any help and advice would be great, although I fear we left it too late now.

Thanks
    Tags: None

Tell CPP that you will not be paying as this was a double dip incident, which they know full well happens. There is proof that the driver was elsewhere at the alleged time and will be supplied to any court. As applying for your personal data to the DVLA without reasonable cause is a breach of GDPR you will be seeking compensation for this. Failure of equipment is not a defence for the breach

Comment

Thanks. Is it worth attaching a witness statement to my response?
      In regards to the GDPR bit, on the first notice was addressed to her, is that the breach of GDPR, because they used that information without permission?

Comment

They requested your personal data from the DVLA without reasonable cause. That us the breach

Yes, include some statements with your letter. Will look good for you if it gets to court

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X